Relisha Tenau Rudd Amber Alert — Girl, 8, Missing From Homeless Shelter

Fri, March 21, 2014 9:35am EDT by 8 Comments
Amber Alert Relisha Tenau Rudd
Courtesy Photo of Family

An Amber Alert has been issued for an 8-year-old girl who went missing from a homeless shelter on March 19 in Washington D.C. An anonymous tipster led police to a local motel, where they found the dead body of an unidentified woman. Sadly, Relisha Tenau Rudd was nowhere to be found.

D.C. police fear that a missing girl, Relisha Tenau Rudd, may be in grave danger after finding a deceased woman connected to the case.

Amber Alert — Relisha Tenau Rudd Missing

Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, went missing from a local homeless shelter in southeast Washington D.C. on Wednesday, March 19. The original Amber Alert issued mentioned that she might be traveling in a red SUV or black Honda, and on Thursday, March 20, someone spotted both vehicles at a local motel.

Police rushed to the Oxon Hill Red Roof Inn to search the premises, and unfortunately found the deceased body of an unidentified adult woman in a first floor room. The cars mentioned in the Amber Alert had been abandoned and were parked outside of the room. Sadly, Relisha was nowhere to be found. According to police, the woman’s body had suffered severe physical trauma. Sadly, Relisha was nowhere to be found.

On Thursday night, police issued an updated Amber Alert for Relisha, stating that she might be in the custody of Kahlil Tatum, the owner of one of the vehicles, and his friend Ricky Lyles.

Kahlil Worked At The Homeless Shelter

Once police started connecting the dots, they found that the man they were looking for, Kahlil, was a janitor at the homeless shelter where Relisha was living.

Relisha’s mother, whose name has not been released, have Kahlil permission to spend time with her daughter. However, he was supposed to bring her back.

A school counselor is the one who realized Relisha was missing after paying a visit to the homeless shelter to check on her. Apparently, Relisha had not attended school for several weeks before she went missing.

Hopefully, police find Relisha safe and sound and she can be returned to her mother.

Tell us, HollyMoms — Do you keep your eye out for Amber Alerts? Do you think they work? Let us know your thoughts below.

– Lauren Cox

More Related News:

1. ‘My Little Pony’ Backpack Banned — School Says Young Boy Will Be Bullied
  2. Rachel Canning Drops Unusual Child Support Lawsuit Against Parents
  3. Murderous Mom of Three Tries To Kill Unborn Child By Beating Stomach

M

Posted at 8:34 PM on March 28, 2014

Mr. Janater. Please let that sweet little Rashjie go she dosnt belong too you! As for your Wife she never ever doserve a mean Evil man as yourself;-( please let that sweet little 8 year old go. She’s too better then you are. She has a better soul then you ever have.

Snitt

Posted at 12:12 AM on March 26, 2014

The problem I am having is why did Chief Cathy Lanier of the ‘Washington, DC police department lie about the amber alert that sends up a red flag about her. Do you know how much time was lost in finding this child, and from what I can understand is that the mother gave Relisha to Tatum. I agree they should lock the mother up and throw the keys away and I feel very strong about this situation.

Letgoandletgod

Posted at 1:20 AM on March 23, 2014

This is very sad, and we as people can only pray that she is returned safe and unharmed. I’m a mother so I can’t even begin to think of letting my child go with a complete stranger, I barely trust my own family. First off if he was so loving and caring why did he only take a special interest in this little girl, and none of the other male siblings? That should’ve been a red flag! It just sickens me that her mom would let her go just that easy. I mean the world we live in is so cruel especially to our children. I do believe that the mom is holding back on some information but I also think she has been in contact with her daughter up until they issued the amber alert, and that’s what really put this little girl in harms way.

Sherry L.

Posted at 1:02 PM on March 21, 2014

Why in the world would the mother let her daughter spend time with the janitor? They should put her in jail? Where was she at the time the little girl came up missing? I hope and pray that she would be found. Where is the father of the little girl? Maybe I’m missing something I don’t understand how he got her but I hope they put him under the jail. I tell people everyday watch your children and trust noone.

Damn!

Posted at 1:39 PM on March 21, 2014

That is so true.
My daughter doesn’t even do sleep overs.
I don’t trust but four people besides myself with her.
Her dad, my mom, my dad and her father’s mom. That is it!
My sister was on that list but she is now living with a guy and I don’t trust new people.
Keep your kids off social media, lock your doors and windows,and make sure your kids know how to stay safe

Leona Yorkork

Posted at 5:08 PM on March 21, 2014

This “janitor” worked in the shelter and had befriended the mom. According to the news (and the little girl’s step father) Khalil had temporary custody of the child. Why?
Khalil was married. He had a job, wife , and home. I think he convinced the mom that he wanted to help.
Khalil’s wife was the woman found dead in the hotel and he fled with the girl.
Thats all we know. Your comment about putting the mom in jail is stupid and based on bias.

Prettygirl

Posted at 12:42 PM on March 21, 2014

This young lady is a good friend of my daughter and I’m hoping she is returned home safe. I do pay attention to amber alerts. I have a children and would like to know that when you get these types of text please pay attention to them it’s very important. Sometimes children have no surviving chance unless they have the public out there to help in the search for them.

ziara