‘Pretty Little Liars': Shay Mitchell Teases Paige, Emily & Alison Love Triangle

Thu, March 20, 2014 3:35pm EDT by 81 Comments

Emily and Paige broke up long before the March 18 ‘Pretty Little Liars’ season finale, leaving fans wondering if they’ll ever rekindle their romance. Shay Mitchell EXCLUSIVELY tells HollywoodLife.com that Paily can live on— and Alison might join in!

So many break ups and make ups, so little time. The past season of Pretty Little Liars was a roller coaster of emotions for the couples in Rosewood, especially the Paily break up. Thankfully, by the time we get our emotions in check for Season 5, the ladies might be back together. But that’s not all. Alison (Sasha Pietersemay be looking to get lucky in lady love, too. Click to WATCH our EXCLUSIVE interview with Shay Mitchell (Emily).

Emily, Paige & Alison Love Triangle In Season 5!

Whoa, ladies! We’ve hardly gotten over the fact the Paily is no more, not to mention, um, Alison is alive and back in action, after this week’s insane Season 4 finale. But guess what? The girls might just get together in Season 5 — yep, get together like that.

We caught up with Shay Mitchell at Pretty Little Liarsfinale red carpet event on Tuesday, March 18, and she EXCLUSIVELY gave us the scoop on Emily’s future forecast and it’s raining women!

So will Emily (Mitchell) and Paige (Lindsey Shaw) get back together?

“I hope so because I absolutely love Lindsey Shaw so selfishly, of course, I never want her to leave,” Shay EXCLUSIVELY told HollywoodLife.com. “But then for the Emison fans, I don’t what’s going to happen with that situation either because obviously Alison, being Emily’s first love, is now back in real life so I’m interested myself to see what’s going to happen in Season 5.”

For those of you losing track of all of these love triangles and couples, Emison equals Emily plus Alison, of course!

After all, we did EXCLUSIVELY report that Alison might also get involved with Aria and Ezra. Two love triangles? We’re not even sure “A” can handle that one.

Should Paige & Emily Get Back Together?

Regardless of the E + P + A love triangle, it’s not even confirmed that Paily will live on. But the Pretty Little Liars cast would love for the two ladies to reunite.

“I love Paige and Emily,” Ashley Benson EXCLUSIVELY told HollywoodLife.com, at the same red carpet event this week.

HollywoodLifers, would you like to see a love triangle blossom between Paige, Emily and Alison? If not, let us know if you’re on Team Paily or Team Emison!

In other Shay Mitchell news, she covers the April issue of Women’s Running magazine. The actress, model, and now blogger, talks about her love for working out creatively, her addiction to “race day vibes”, and how aloe vera juice is a must-have in her fridge.

· Salmon, Kale… donuts?: “Carbo-loading!” the actress exclaims when admitting that her on-set go-to snack are donuts though she balances her diet by cooking up a filet of salmon with teriyaki sauce and veggies as a post-run meal. (see recipe below)

· On her first marathon: “Now I see why people keep running – it’s so addictive. The energy [at the race] was overwhelming. I was nervous at first, but once we started going, I think I was tearing up off and on for the first 10 minutes of the race!”

· Work/Life balance: On how running ups her mood and energy, “You owe it to yourself to get out there, even if only for a mile or 10 minutes – it’s good for your body, your mind and your soul.”

· Fridge Finds: Raiding Mitchell’s fridge (kind of) turned up some interesting finds including aloe vera juice, “it really helps with digestions,” frozen grapes “to feed that sugar craving,” and kelp noodles, “they are so great in any recipe for a rice replacement,” said the actress.

Mitchell’s Favorite 50/50 Salmon:
After a long run, Mitchell gets her protein fix from this fish dish.
Serves 1

¼ cup teriyaki sauce

¼ cup Italian dressing (any kind)

1 5-oz. salmon fillet

1 cup chopped broccoli

½ cup chopped asparagus

½ tsp. garlic powder

Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Mix teriyaki sauce and Italian dressing in a bowl. Pour over salmon fillet (should cover the top of the fillet) and cook in over for about 20 minutes. Cook brown rice and steam broccoli and asparagus, then mix in a bowl with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cut up cooked salmon and mix with veggies and rice. Enjoy!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More ‘Pretty Little Liars’ News:

1. ‘PLL’: Shooting Ezra Was Smart — But Please Don’t Kill Him Off
  2. ‘Pretty Little Liars’: Will Season Finale Prove That Ezra Is Actually ‘A’?
  3. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ On ‘GMA’: Who Was Best Dressed?

Melissa

Posted at 9:39 AM on July 23, 2014

Emily and Paige better get back together or the show makes no sense. They love each other so much and have shared so much together, they simply cannot be separated for good. Emily and Alison, are you kidding me? I do understand that some fans wanted this new relationship and that Emily felt the need to “try” it. But please, don’t make it last too long. Paily for us. Thank you.

Avery

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 1, 2014

I don’t want to see her with Either of them. To quote Spencer, “The girl tried to drown her.” Alison is just mean, and there is no amount of time that can change that. She was horrible to Emily. Why do people insist that Emily be with either a crazy girl or a mean one. Since Maya is no longer an option, I say we bring Samara back. And if not her than any other girl with a soul.

shanaya

Posted at 11:28 PM on June 29, 2014

For the Emison fans out there, emily and alison will have some parts but the end game paily will win. Shay Mitchell has stated in her interview and I quote:
1. “I love Lindsey Shaw, she is a great partner to work with and our chemistry is legitimately there”
2. “I love Lindsey Shaw, I never wanted her to leave”
That is reality folks!!!These comments will hopefully bring them back together in season 5.

Emison

Posted at 10:02 AM on June 16, 2014

EMISON!!!!!! Ofc i love Emison

Christian Louboutin Heels

Posted at 3:13 AM on June 11, 2014

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who was doing a little research
on this. And he actually bought me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him…
lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this issue here on your blog.

kiki

Posted at 3:04 PM on May 7, 2014

given the fact that producers have already confirmed that paily WON’T be endgame i would love to see alison be vulnerable and fall for emily. it would be so new and interesting to see how alison would handle that.

Spencer Mclean

Posted at 11:37 AM on April 22, 2014

Emison 4ever!!! Paige is good with Emily but she is way out of a pretty little liar is league! :P

Kwanlee Kim, Mai (@KimLeekwan)

Posted at 2:43 PM on April 5, 2014

I pray tht most of the ignorant comments that I see are not coming from any Lesbians out there!

atot

Posted at 10:32 AM on April 5, 2014

go for PAILY

Tre

Posted at 4:09 PM on March 28, 2014

Team Emison!!

alex

Posted at 8:16 PM on March 26, 2014

#Paily all the way!!!
I like Ali but she DOES NOT belong with Emily.
I believe paily will be endgame :)))

atot

Posted at 10:33 AM on April 5, 2014

i definitely agree with you

YAY

Posted at 2:01 AM on March 25, 2014

Alison Needs Emily just trended worldwide! OMG yes!!! Emison WILL happen!!

PLL ROCKS

Posted at 6:58 PM on March 24, 2014

I think it would be amazing and super interesting if Paige and Emily got back together and then Ali got jealous and eventually Emily and Ali got together and Emison ecli

PLL ROCKS

Posted at 7:00 PM on March 24, 2014

Emison wins!! (What I meant to say before I accidentally clicked post comment button lol) :D

Emison(duh)

Posted at 4:54 PM on March 24, 2014

TEAM EMISON!!!!!! WORLDWIDE trending multiple times! Emison>>>>>Paily.

callie

Posted at 7:05 PM on March 23, 2014

I think this story is and should be more than just a stupid triangle. it’s much more complex and important than that. Paige was bullied/tortured so much and had her sexuality used against her by alison that it drove her to self harm and almost made her kill herself. that’s a very sensitive and important part of the story I hope the writers don’t trivialize or sweep under the rug.
that needs to be acknowledged (in the writing and by emily.)and handled well.

with that said, I’m rooting for paily. Paige and emily have a beautiful inspirational love story. I hope that continues and they end up together. I just can’t imagine the writers being stupid enough to have emily choose alison (the girl who almost DROVE HER GIRLFRIEND TO KILL HERSELF) over paige.
that would be the most horrible ending for the characters of emily/paige and paily.

Beth

Posted at 7:45 PM on March 23, 2014

That was stated beautifully, I agree with you 100%.

kim

Posted at 2:40 PM on March 24, 2014

even emily x maya is better love story than paily

atot

Posted at 10:35 AM on April 5, 2014

i agree with you more than a hundred percent.,yeah

shanaya

Posted at 11:04 PM on June 29, 2014

I TOTALLY agree with you.

Andy

Posted at 6:46 PM on March 23, 2014

Emison always.

Alice ifdh

Posted at 4:29 PM on March 23, 2014

Emisoooooooon!
“True love honey, just can’t kill it” ;-)

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 23, 2014

i was a paily but their relationship has run its course ..so im #team emison now

emison shippers

Posted at 1:56 PM on March 23, 2014

Emison foreverrr

emison

Posted at 12:55 PM on March 23, 2014

They may not be perfect,but we all know that emily crazy in luv with alison..but i also feel pity 4 paige..she also love emily deeply.

PailyForever

Posted at 2:13 PM on March 23, 2014

And as MK said Emily is “Very Deeply in love with Paige.

shanaya

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 29, 2014

Alison is a player. She never really cared about Emily’s feelings. Paige has shown real TLC for Emily.

Team Emison

Posted at 7:45 AM on March 23, 2014

Emison in season 5 please <3 !!!

emison

Posted at 5:44 AM on March 23, 2014

Team Emison!

Alison Dilaurentis

Posted at 4:37 AM on March 23, 2014

No! I want my Emily to be mine always. Pigskin can find her other half in the toilet bowl. #emisonftw

emison

Posted at 4:32 AM on March 23, 2014

Team emison

kr

Posted at 6:36 PM on March 22, 2014

PAILY forever. it’s the real love story and they’re perfect together<3 I love how much shay mitchell and lindsey shaw loves and ships them

EMISONFOREVER

Posted at 10:47 PM on March 22, 2014

It’s not even close to real…Paige betrayed her… what kind of love story is that

Julia

Posted at 5:15 AM on March 23, 2014

oh c’mon! Toby betrayed Spencer, Ezra betrayed Aria and Caleb betrayed Hanna! but everyone hates Paige? She apologized a hundred times! And I don’t even start with Alison. So please get your hate outta here.

shanaya

Posted at 11:17 PM on June 29, 2014

That was not betrayal. What Paige did was love and protection for her girlfriend because she thought Emily was in danger.

atot