We’ve got Newman on the brain after the ‘Seinfeld’ actor was the latest victim of a death hoax on March 16 — and it turns out there’s A LOT we didn’t know about him!
Wayne Knight, 58, has been on TV and in countless movies, but there is more to Jerry Seinfeld’s arch rival than you know. We here at HollywoodLife.com put together five things that we think you need to know about the man who was pronounced dead on March 16 as a hoax. Newman never could catch a break!
Five Things You Need To Know About Wayne Knight:
1. Wayne played football before he became an actor:
He was born in New York City on August 7, 1955. His father moved the family to Cartersville, GA where Wayne went to local schools and was a lineman on his high school’s football team.
2. Wayne never finished college his first time out:
Although he was an honor student, Wayne left college just one credit shy of a degree to pursue his acting career. He gained an internship at the Barter Theatre in Abingdon, VA.
3. Wayne had to whip himself into shape to keep from passing away for real!
During the filming of an episode of Seinfeld, Knight felt what he thought to be chest pains and sought the help of a cardiologist. The doctor said the actor was morbidly obese, had high blood pressure, and was near diabetic! After that, Wayne took on a serious program involving diet, and exercise. He eventually lost 117 pounds. Way to go Wayne.
4. Wayne Has been in a lot of movies!
Over the years Wayne has been more than just a TV actor. He has done extensive work on camera as well as voice over work. Between 1979 and 2012, Wayne was in more than 30 movies. This guy certainly puts in the work.
5. Wayne has some interesting jobs when he first ventured out onto the streets of New York as an actor:
When he first arrived in New York, Wayne was hard pressed to find a job, and had to rely on his “street magic” to sustain a living. Two years later, he had his first role on Broadway.
Tell us what you thought of our list HollywoodLifers!
— Bryant Perkins
More Closely Related Wayne Night News:
- ‘Seinfeld’s’ Wayne Knight Dead Or Victim Of Hoax?: Fans Freak Out
- ‘Seinfeld’ Reunion: Jerry & George Return For Super Bowl Halftime Ad
- Jerry Seinfeld Confirms ‘Seinfeld’ Reunion Is Happening ‘Soon’