Scarlett Johansson is fighting back after Dylan Farrow called out the actress in an open letter for ‘The New York Times’ accusing her adopted father Woody Allen of sex abuse. Scarlett says it was totally ‘irresponsible’ of Dylan to shame her for working with Woody.
Dylan Farrow is going to be very disappointed if she was expecting Scarlett Johansson to cut ties with Woody Allen after his adopted daughter dropped the actress’ name in her Feb. 1 open later for The New York Times. “It would be ridiculous for me to make any kind of assumption one way or the other,” Scarlett says of Dylan’s sex abuse allegations against Woody.
Scarlett Johansson On Dylan Farrow’s Letter — Star Calls Post ‘Irresponsible’
Scarlett, who’s starred in the Woody Allen films Match Point, Scoop andVicky Cristina Barcelona, is proud of the work she’s done with acclaimed director and she’s not going to let Dylan make her feel otherwise.
“I think it’s irresponsible to take a bunch of actors that will have a Google alert on and to suddenly throw their name into a situation that none of us could possibly knowingly comment on,” Scarlett tells The Guardian in a new interview. “That just feels irresponsible to me.”
Dylan mentioned Scarlett’s name in her emotional open letter for The New York Times, in which she accused Woody of sexually assaulting her when she was 7 years old. “What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you,Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?”
But Scarlett defended her relationship with Woody, saying, “I don’t know anything about it. It would be ridiculous for me to make any kind of assumption one way or the other.”
“I’m unaware that there’s been a backlash. I think he’ll continue to know what he knows about the situation, and I’m sure the other people involved have their own experience with it,” Scarlett adds. “It’s not like this is somebody that’s been prosecuted and found guilty of something, and you can then go, ‘I don’t support this lifestyle or whatever. I mean, it’s all guesswork.”
Dylan Farrow Repeats: Woody Allen Sexually Assaulted Me As A Child
Dylan wrote about an extended pattern of sexual abuse in her open letter, saying:
When I was 7 years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me.
“Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime,” Dylan added. “That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up.”
So HollywoodLifers, do YOU think it was irresponsible for Dylan to call out Scarlett in her open letter? Let us know.
– Tierney McAfee
More Dylan Farrow News:
- Dylan Farrow Repeats: Woody Allen Sexually Assaulted Me As A Child
- Woody Allen Responds To Sex Abuse Claims: ‘I Did Not Molest Dylan’