Savannah Guthrie Announces Surprise Marriage & Pregnancy At 42

Mon, March 17, 2014 9:25am EDT by 8 Comments
Savannah Guthrie Married Pregnant
Courtesy of Twitter

Not only did ‘Today Show’ co-host Savannah Guthrie announce on Monday, March 17 that she married longtime boyfriend Michael Feldman over the weekend, but the couple are also four months pregnant with their first child! Congrats!

Savannah Guthrie surprised the nation with two doses of good news — the Today Show co-host is an expectant newlywed!

Savannah Guthrie — Married & Pregnant

Savannah Guthrie had a very exciting weekend!

On Monday, March 17, the 42-year-old Today Show co-host announced that she finally married her longtime boyfriend, 45-year-old communications strategist Michael Feldman, at a top secret ceremony in her hometown, Tucson, Arizona. During the quiet ceremony, Savannah thrilled her family and friends by announcing that she is also four months pregnant!

“I — well, we — are four months pregnant,” Savannah revealed over a candle lit dinner to her guests who erupted in cheers.

Congrats to Savannah and Michael on their wedding bells and exciting baby news!

Savannah Found Out She Was Pregnant After Buying A Dress

Savannah originally announced her engagement to Michael on May 13, 2013. Although Savannah and Michael were already planning their wedding, the pregnancy was a very welcome surprise to the couple. Savannah admitted that she had already picked out a dress when she found out she was pregnant.

“It’s funny, ’cause we set the wedding date, I bought my dress, and then I found out,” she shared while discussing her happy news on the Today Show. “So I’ve been doing a little praying that I would fit in it, and it all worked out.”

When Savannah announced the happy news during the March 17 broadcast, the glowing mom-to-be could not hide her excitement.

“We are so excited, overjoyed and feel so blessed,” the beautiful bride told America.

Tell us, HollywoodLifers — Are you surprised Savannah and Michael pulled off a top secret wedding? Let us know your thoughts below!

WATCH: Savannah Guthrie Announces Marriage & Pregnancy

– Lauren Cox

More Savannah Guthrie News:

1. Savannah Guthrie Engaged To Boyfriend Of Four Years
  2. Savannah Guthrie Makes Her Co-Anchor Debut On ‘Today’
  3. Savannah Guthrie Named Co-Anchor, ‘TODAY’ Confirms

jkk

Posted at 11:44 AM on July 22, 2014

Savannah is a beautiful expectant mom but she really should wear more flattering dresses on tv. She is in great shape but her dresses look like she is so uncomfortable and being squeezed into a banana peel. Be comfortable and take off the heels!! Good luck new mom!!

Marna

Posted at 7:54 PM on July 17, 2014

I’m disappointed in her. For her age wouldn’t you think that she would use protection. I thought she was more ” old school” than that. Really really disappointed in her and to announce on national TV that she’s pregnant. Wow!!! Not the person I had thought she was. I’d love to know, years down the road, what she will tell get child about this. She sure won’t be able to tell her child that it is not right. Just sayin. Disappointed

Dee

Posted at 12:37 PM on June 19, 2014

Hope your contract doesn’t get renewed,Savannah. After 30 years of watching the today I decided to turn the channel to GMA. Your interview with the Secretary of State was horrilbe.
Bring back Ann Curry, or put Natalie in your chair. You don’t have what it takes.

Sue

Posted at 1:08 AM on April 30, 2014

I don’t know why so many are having babies in their 40s, it’s so dangerous

Cindy Coyner

Posted at 9:34 AM on March 19, 2014

Savannah, I wouldn’t be so dang proud of announcing my marriage and pregnancy at the same time. Whatever happened to getting married first and then having children later. Shame on you.

Texsunstar

Posted at 11:54 AM on March 18, 2014

I think that Savannah is great and congratulate the happy couple on their good news – a wedding and a baby!

edward klein

Posted at 8:54 PM on March 17, 2014

was it a civil ceremony because he is of the jewish faith

Paulette

Posted at 12:12 PM on March 17, 2014

I am soooooo excited! Congratulations You are an amazing beautiful bride and I know you will be an amazing beautiful Mother! So HAPPY for you and your family.