‘The Walking Dead’ Recap: A Shocking Death In ‘The Grove’

Sun, March 16, 2014 10:48pm EDT by 70 Comments
Walking Dead The Grove Death
Courtesy of AMC

gina

Posted at 12:04 AM on August 14, 2014

okay I know Glenn dies in comic, but spare him. Him and daryl are hearts of this show…

Courtney

Posted at 3:49 PM on July 31, 2014

if daryl dies i die too!!!

Marie Smith

Posted at 11:02 PM on July 26, 2014

If Daryl dies, so does the show as far as I’m concerned. I know I’ll stop watching.

angelina

Posted at 5:10 PM on March 25, 2014

Judith is not dead!! Shes in tyreeses backpack thing on his back and that was a crazy episode but I liked it

McG

Posted at 8:14 PM on March 24, 2014

OK now, is baby Judith dead or not? Why is there grave with her shoes and at end it’s seems to me that Tyreese’s caring her in the back in a baby carrier?

Aaron

Posted at 2:20 AM on March 24, 2014

I actually cried for Lizzie. I actually liked her character. I thought she was interesting because she was different from everyone else. I thought she still could’ve been saved and her death was just unnecessary. I hate Carol because of that. When Lizzie died, I felt like I lost my daughter. I felt the same way when Mika was killed.

ian

Posted at 5:43 AM on March 22, 2014

yes they killed judith! who kills a baby!?!?! at the end when they were burying the girls there was a mini cross and it had judiths shoes. and at the very end when they left. they wernt holding the baby

Sascha

Posted at 8:13 AM on March 21, 2014

ummm did they kill Judith? kinda seemed like they implied that in the end of the episode???

Joey Lee Reichard

Posted at 11:08 PM on March 23, 2014

I don’t think they did even a baby can go on a backpack if you payed attention to the show tyreese has got the baby on his back

michelleayerslle

Posted at 8:27 PM on April 6, 2014

the baby shoes were there when they first got there, indicating there had been a child there before the walkers. It wasn’t judith. She was onl Tyrese’s back

l-ron

Posted at 12:08 AM on March 20, 2014

Eff this show, mika was too cute to die, done with it.

Judy

Posted at 2:54 AM on May 8, 2014

Yeah forget Lizzie the sociopath!! It’s poor Mika I feel sorry for. Lizzie was unhinged seriously and if she got older there just would’ve been more people dead! She was preparing to become an after-apocalypse serial killer turning everyone into walkers because they’re her friends! Seriously unhinged!!! I thought she was weird from the jump and I’m sorry but she had to go.

chris

Posted at 5:18 PM on March 19, 2014

what happened to the baby? What did I miss? I though Carol killed the baby to stop “the illness”

Carter

Posted at 8:43 AM on March 19, 2014

I knew all along that Lizzie was a nut case. I’d also wondered if she’d killed Karen, and maybe Carol caught her and helped with the bodies to cover for her. But I realized before Carol spoke to Tyreese when Lizzie was upstairs, that like Carol said later….Lizzie would’ve let them turn…therefore it couldn’t have been her.
I knew Carol was going to kill Lizzie immediately, and I believe Tyreese knew as well, or expected it. It was the only choice….she was a very demented little girl, and was a danger to people, animals and herself. She was unfit even for this society.
To another reader who posted that Rick would be mad at Carol, that Glenn and Maggie would be gone, and whatever other crazy nonsense. Do you really think what Carol did is even going to be on Ricks radar? They are no longer at the jail. Rick, at this moment is not Carols boss. Tyreese has forgiven Carol. Lizzie’s killing is absolutely none of Ricks business at this point or in the future.
As for Glenn and Maggie, where you came up with your predictions…I don’t know….unless you’ve read the books (I won’t until I’m done with the show). Your comments don’t make ANY sense at all to me though. I’m not saying something won’t happen to them, but your logic seems flawed, if not entirely missing.

hjnetworks

Posted at 12:11 AM on March 19, 2014

I gotta admit…that episode should of been the mid-season finale, but sadly it was just too far away from “mid-season”(only if there was more episodes in the season, lol), anyways back on topic, i wasn’t expecting Lizzie to be killed for what she did, to be honest i didn’t know what they was gonna do with her, hopefully Beth doesn’t die anytime soon but then again i think its just gonna end with the people who has developed alot: Carol,Rick,Carl, and Daryl, sadly we all know Glenn and Maggie wont make it(his character have kinda fallen since the farm incident and Maggie wont last, idk what it is but i can feel it), anyways hopefully we can see Rick more, anyways enough of my rambling, the episode was perfect and when they all meet up again(maybe not Daryl), but when they all meet up again, Rick will be angry that Carol still managed to kill someone(esp since it may not have been her decision to make, or maybe he will understand, who knows?) she may or may-not be re-accepted back in his group, but even if shes not then she may just very well end up die-ing(since she may have to leave terminus) or she’ll be accepted and more problems will arise.

lesley

Posted at 3:40 PM on March 18, 2014

made me feel ill, way over the top, the worlds gone to the rats and there wasn’t any need for the girls to die like that.

sean

Posted at 4:23 PM on March 18, 2014

Lizzie was beyond saving and was a danger to everyone. Child or not, she would have continued her delusional state until it brought down everyone else it could. Sometimes you have to cut your losses.

kurt123456789

Posted at 1:33 PM on March 19, 2014

I don’t follow the logic of this post.

chris

Posted at 1:43 AM on March 21, 2014

I guess: kill or be killed.

kurt123456789

Posted at 1:27 AM on March 23, 2014

Well yeah, kill or be killed is right in many situations they’re in. Or like Rick in the terrible circumstance of not knowing who these guys are… what do you do, take a chance? Hmmm. Tragic stuff. The world’s gone to the rats like she said. “Needing” to die is what I was wondering about. WHO *needs* to die? The Governor certainly did much sooner than he did. Lizzie surely needed to since there aren’t mental hospitals in the zombie apocalypse for her to be put in. That insane twit was going to murder the baby. I find tears wept for Lizzie a weird thing. Ok I get she’s a child but still. Through much of human history a young person would be held responsible more or less the same as an adult, esp. for murder. And then good guys like T-Dog go down saving somebody no less and viewers shrug, or they’re like “well that’s a shame, he was good. NEXT”.

kerenzie

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 17, 2014

I knew it was Lizzie doing all those crazy things from the start. I’m sure if we only saw Lizzie from Carol’s point of view we could have tried to give Lizzie the benefit of the doubt. But as the viewer. as we have sometimes a somewhat of an omnipotent viewpoint (albeit sometimes it isn’t 100% clear) it was easy to tell that Lizzie was not all in the same mindset as most of the other normal folk.