Lady Gaga Gets Covered In Puke During SXSW Performance

Fri, March 14, 2014 11:39am EST by 25 Comments

There’s nothing that Lady Gaga won’t do, but really — is there anything she won’t do? The ‘Art Pop’ singer willingly let a woman puke all over her during her SXSW performance last night. Click to see the insane video!

File this one under gross-out moments! While Lady Gaga was performing her hit song “Swine” at the SXSW festival on Thursday, March 13, she got covered in vomit by a performance artist, Millie Brown, on stage. Gaga, you’re giving Miley a run for her money!

‘Vomit Painter’ Throws Up on Lady Gaga During SXSW Performance

Lady Gaga is no stranger to wacky performances, but last night’s display at SXSW took the cake — and then threw it right back up.

The pop star had “performance artist” — is that what they call this? — Millie Brown, 27, join her up on stage, while she belted out “Swine” from her latest album, Artpop, at the Doritos Bold Stage arena. But music isn’t all that was belted out.

Lady Gaga — Shame On You For Encouraging Bulimia

Demi Lovato Slams Lady Gaga On Twitter After SXSW Bulimia Stunt

Millie, who has been “vomit painting” her signature Jackson Pollock-style, canvas masterpieces since 2005 and has been recognized by Ripley’s Believe it or Not, stood at the front of the stage, chugging a bottle filled with a neon green drink, which is colored milk. Midway through the song, she walked right up to Gaga at the drums, stuck her fingers down her throat and puked up the green milk. All. Over. Gaga.

Gaga, who was wearing a white apron, which served as Millie’s canvas for her unique display of “creative rebellion,” kept on drumming and singing as she quickly became completely covered in green, milky vomit.

Things only got more interesting from there. Gaga stood up and started head-banging her dreadlocks and then proceeded to get up on a mechanic swine with the girl, and as she sang out, “Swiiiiinnneeeee, swiiiiineeee,” she got pretty up close and personal with Millie who continued to drink more colored milk, this time bright blue.

The stunned audience then watched Gaga lay back, as she was spit up on all over again.

This isn’t the first time the two have worked together. Millie, whose paintings sell for thousands of dollars, made an appearance in the “Exorcist Interlude” music video, vomiting all over Gaga’s white dress, during her Monsters Ball tour.

Did Gaga Go Too Far?

Earlier this year, HollywoodLife.com reported that Gaga told Harper’s Bazaar about her former battle with an eating disorder, but stated that she no longer was struggling was the illness.

“I am better with food. I don’t have an eating disorder anymore.  I’m also better at not letting people take advantage of me….I should be around people who cherish my talents, my health, my time. I’m not a pawn for anyone’s future business. I’m an artist,” she told the magazine in early February of this year.

We applaud Gaga for being so honest about her widespread illness, but we’re not so sure about this puke-on-stage business.

HollywoodLifers, were you completely grossed out by Lady Gaga’s puke performance? Let us know in the comments!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More Lady Gaga News:

1. Miley Cyrus Disses Lady Gaga In New Interview
  2. Lady Gaga Without Makeup — See Her Dramatic Before & After
  3. Lady Gaga Strips Down Naked For New ‘ARTPOP’ Album Cover

Ola

Posted at 3:55 PM on August 5, 2014

I think everything she does is Art! She’s not selling her body like Miley or Beyonce but her ideas. Huge difference

Ness

Posted at 10:20 PM on March 21, 2014

I Will Admit, This Did Gross Me Out, Especially Being A Lady GaGa Fan. But It Was Paint. Not actual vomit. I DON’T Think GaGa Would Really Let Some Chick Actually Vomit On Her. Say What You Want About Her, But because Of This, She Got More Notoriety. She Knows How To Make People Talk Whether Good Or Bad. In The End She Gets Payed Regardless. She Definitely Knows What She Is Doing When She Dresses And Acts The Why She Does.

James and more!

Posted at 5:10 PM on April 1, 2014

This is what Maralynn Manson might do, during a low key uneventful moment, in anyone of his concerts. Have you watched the Sponge Bob Square Pants Cartoons, there are far more disgusting things shown on that very popular cartoon, than what happened to Lady GaGa. If they had pressed a canvas against her belly after she set the paint, they could have auctioned it off for a lot of money and could have donated it to charity?

Kay

Posted at 3:53 PM on March 16, 2014

I was your biggest fan. Goodbye Gaga..All you needed was a piano and no props. You are that talented. The reviews would have taken you to the next level. The vomit performance took it over the edge..I’m done..A sad, pathetic form of art. Take a lesson from Lorde.

Ola

Posted at 4:03 PM on August 5, 2014

Why Kay? This is no publicity stunt, the vomit is a metaphor. Everyone is vomiting on her– her label, blogs, even her fans (ahem). She’s doing what she believes in and instead of people supporting her, they sh*t on her. Is it to make themselves feel better about themselves? Why do people HATE the Art they dont like or understand? Why do people bully?

kristenmarwales

Posted at 6:15 PM on March 15, 2014

what Jack replied I am shocked that a single mom able to get paid $5622 in 4 weeks on the computer . look at here………. WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

Diamante

Posted at 6:07 PM on March 15, 2014

You all must have skipped the part where Millie’s puke is her art she was on Ripleys believe it or not I remember seeing it. It was pretty cool/disgusting but I don’t think it was encouraging bulimia. It may seem like it to people recovering (Demi lovato) from it. Gaga was just showing another example of art in this world. She pulling it from all places if you haven’t noticed.

albertwouldntbehappy

Posted at 3:26 PM on March 15, 2014

Have you noticed, it’s women who are dragging culture – such that it is any more – down as low as they can? “Lady” Ga Ga, Miley Cyrus, Brittney Spears, etc. Media whores. Oh, but I’m sure they’d jump on any “empower girls” bandwagon, should it benefit them.

Long ago, women used to be the mainstay of respectable behaviour society. As Albert Jay Nock wrote, having a civilising effect on men. No more. With the blurring of lines, such that ladies are anachronistic and it’s a mere competition between thuggish males and females, all is open. It’s the race to the bottom. Thank you, social Left…

Alicia Maloney

Posted at 10:02 AM on March 15, 2014

Timing Timing Timing!!!Lady(?)Gaga You really blew this one for chills and thrills. Did NOT have your act together AT ALL. WHERE WAS MILEY ALL THIS TIME FOR CLEANUP? huh??? YEAH!!! YOU REALLY LOSTOUT. CUDDA BLOWN TWITTER AND U-TUBE BOTH OFF THE AIR…Shudda—Wudda—Cudda—-Waa!Wah

kristenmarwales

Posted at 6:44 AM on March 15, 2014

what Joseph responded I didnt know that someone can get paid $6715 in a few weeks on the computer . blog here

>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

uttermagazine

Posted at 3:58 AM on March 15, 2014

Reblogged this on uttermagazine's Blog.

dana

Posted at 12:29 AM on March 15, 2014

What she did was disgustingly stupid! !!! She is not an influential Person AT ALL!!! SHE IS CRAVING ATTENTION I. THE WRONG WAY. I HOPE HER ” LITTLE MONSTER’S” DO NOT FOLLOW IN HER TRACKS!!!!

albertwouldntbehappy

Posted at 3:27 PM on March 15, 2014

If vomiting is Art, what is art at all? Can I take a sh!t on “Lady” Ga Ga and call it art?

Ola

Posted at 4:05 PM on August 5, 2014

Congratulations– you are. Maybe thats what the piece is about?

Andy

Posted at 10:00 PM on March 14, 2014

Oh my god WHAT? It wasn’t even ABOUT bulimia! LISTEN TO THE SONG. Ah. All of this ignorance. How do y’all carry on with it though. #mustbetough

Mary Pliante

Posted at 7:17 PM on March 14, 2014

Airplanes will give out DORITOS BAGS TO PUKE : )))))

Hahahaha

This is what happens if you work with Gaging Gaga!!!!

#GagasDoritosVomit

chrisa

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 14, 2014

before I looked at the check four $8229 , I didnt believe …that…my cousin was like they say trully bringing home money in there spare time from there new laptop. . there uncle haz done this less than twenty two months and at present cleard the dept on their place and bourt a gorgeous Fiat Multipla . navigate to this site……………. WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

becky

Posted at 2:32 PM on March 14, 2014

Disgusting, gross, pathetic and is unhygienic!

Mister Baja

Posted at 1:48 PM on March 14, 2014

it’s all part of the game…………..

Kim Jon

Posted at 1:44 PM on March 14, 2014

jjkI quit working at shoprite and now I make $35h – $80h…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do, >>>>>>>>

————– W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

albertwouldntbehappy

Posted at 3:28 PM on March 15, 2014

Troll WOG

zyggie

Posted at 12:15 PM on March 14, 2014

GaGa is a lost soul. This was sick and people who do & like this kind of stuff….well, this is NOT entertainment, talent etc. this is LOST. What’s motive, what is she trying to brainwash people with or for????

Ola

Posted at 4:18 PM on August 5, 2014

She feels “vomited on” It’s not hard to see, with the little support for her new album. I see the performance act to be about bullying, doing something to make people love you, and ultimately– insecurity and self-hatred. She’s dealing with the stresses of being a female artist.. you should respect that! If you dont like her, fine, but come on- she’s a real person! You shouldn’t say this about anyone, let alone an artist

jake

Posted at 12:05 PM on March 14, 2014

This is f—cking stupid. She went off the deep end since her first album. Disgusting.

HAHA

Posted at 11:46 AM on March 14, 2014

She wouldn’t just do that if it didn’t mean anything!