Angelina Jolie Reveals Plans For More Surgery After Double Mastectomy

Thu, March 13, 2014 12:59pm EST by 13 Comments 45,926 Article Views
Angelina Jolie Surgery
FameFlynet

evett lakay

Posted at 11:37 PM on November 3, 2014

At the 10th of nov I will be undergoing surgery to remove one of my breast because they diagnosed me with stage 3b breast cancer I must say the road undergoing chemoterapy was very hard bt with the help of God I got through it. But ja I’m so blessed to have a beautiful daughter eventhough I wanted more kids now I can’t have anymore because in time to cum they will remove my overies aswell bt with God by my side I knw I am strong Good luck to all women who are going through the same.

Nicole

Posted at 12:18 PM on October 29, 2014

Maybe I’m just a cynic but we’ve been hearing about this ovary removal surgery for a long time but no plans yet seem to be forth coming. How do we know she didn’t just claim to have this gene so that she could get implants cause brad probably doesn’t like droopy boobs. Let’s face it, she’s not above lying. And if she is being truthful, why does she get all this credit? What about Sheryl Crowe or Christina Applegate who had double mastectomies done years ago because of this gene and didn’t decide to get themselves bigger, perfect breasts in the aftermath. Angelina may be brave, but in my opinion, she’s still incredibly shallow. She couldn’t be flat chested. She wouldn’t be a sex symbol then would she. She wouldn’t ( in her mind only) be the hottest woman ever. I think she was much more attractive when she wasn’t borderline anorexic. Just my opinion.

Shelby

Posted at 3:06 PM on September 5, 2014

There is too much credit being given to Angelina Jolie. Here’s why I have a big issue with this;

1). Genetic testing is something that most women knew nothing about before…I know I didn’t, my mother didn’t, and none of my female friends did either. AJ having it done, just brought this testing to the light, for women who had never heard of it. Any celebrity having it done would have had the same effect.

2). AJ is a rich woman, and so was given the opportunity to have this testing, remove two perfectly healthy breasts, and rebuild them by the finest plastic surgeon, no doubt. Very costly.

I guarantee that if I had this testing done and found out that I was at risk, there is no way my healthy breasts would be removed unless I paid big money for the procedure. So basically, if you’re rich, and have the money to play around with your body, good for you. The rest of us not so much.

My sister-in-law had breast cancer, and had both breasts removed. It came back a year later in her spine. The doctor refused to do an MRI for 7 months, telling her that Canada’s healthcare did not want them doing unwarranted MRI’s. She died at 45, a little over a year later. If they didn’t want to do an MRI on a cancer patient, why the heck would they do a mastectomy on a healthy woman? They won’t. Unless you pay.

Thank you Angelina Jolie, for pointing out just how privileged you are, to receive only the very best healthcare that the rest of us cannot afford.

Mahbub

Posted at 2:53 PM on August 22, 2014

She is very cute and adventure actress. I like her and her film very much.She is my best actress.

Dd Cruise

Posted at 8:01 PM on July 18, 2014

Congratulations for trying to stay healthy and pro active. However by undergoing an oophrectomy good old Angie will have to supplement her hormones which in turn is not always easy on the body. Of course everyone differs but there can be more complications of the body by ingesting man made hormones than having your body secrete them independently. Also does this specific gene only address the breast and ovarian cancer or does it also let you know that you could contract osteosarcoma or osteomyelitis? How far is one willing to go to “prevent” disease?

Glynda

Posted at 7:33 PM on May 7, 2014

Glad she is rich to be able to pay for all of that. I am about to have the same surgery and have to worry about how I am going to pay for it.

carol

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 17, 2014

Hi, i too had the bi lateral mastectomy last year, along with the overies being removed….at the same time, as i too carry the gene !! Life is good again now, good luck to all faceing this…its not as bad as you expect x

eljeran

Posted at 12:39 AM on April 14, 2014

and just before Maleficent comes out….poor Angie and her ovaries, she can have no more children to exploit, no more little lives to ruin…….boo hoooooo……better go see her movie because we feel so sorry for her.

Rachel Grillo

Posted at 12:57 PM on March 14, 2014

I was diagnosed with Braca 2 Two weeks after the Angelina Jolie. I was a little late cause i thought i would never get that breast cancer cause it wasn’t known in our family so i never cheked my breast until angelina i fond a lump in my breast and it was cancer. my dad called his mom wich she’s 93yrs old and said oh yea its in our family. thanks grandma.
I ve gone thru chemo last bad chemo was two weeks ago. Now I’m having hysterectamy on March 26 ai Everett Washing ton providence hospital. i and mmy husband would love to meeet her but i know she’s to busy in her life. I am doing herceptin every 3 monday for 6 months and radiation for 6 months. Wish i caught it sooner but glad angelina is the one who made me check thank you so muck angelina. by the way I’m 44 years old God bless those who haft to go thru chemo. Eat the cancer don’t let it eat you. I’m doing good i was stage 2b cancer .

sugar

Posted at 2:49 PM on March 13, 2014

She couldn’t feel “MORE BETTER”? What uneducated idiots write these things?!

paul

Posted at 9:37 AM on March 18, 2014

Thank you for pointing this out. Very well done.

Андрей Миньков (@AndreyMinkov)

Posted at 1:40 PM on March 13, 2014

This suffering will be in vain.

diane videsjorden

Posted at 2:10 PM on October 30, 2014

Angelina you are one of the most beautiful people in Hollywood. I could not believe you were back to work so fast it seemed . You seem to care about so many causes making you the best humanitarian I know and I am a nobody but I admire you so much.
take care of yourself I wish I could meet you I am a very active 69 year old and wish I could meet you.i adopted a child also then raised 2 of my grandchildren . I have never did anything like this before but please take care of yourself also you are one busy lady and I admire you so much. take care. diane videsjorden one of your biggest admirers.