‘American Idol’ Judges: Stop Being Nice And Start Being Helpful

Thu, March 13, 2014 11:19am EST by 19 Comments
American Idol Judges
Courtesy of FOX

linda C

Posted at 9:42 PM on May 14, 2014

Come on and come back to reality Jennifer Lopez, Jena cannot sing but she can scream, you need to re-evaluate your comments. Gena with a J stinks – open you ears and eyes!!!

Gordon G

Posted at 8:55 PM on May 14, 2014

3 over paid, unqualified judges. Keith . I LOVE that …. That is my favourite song (crap). Jennifer should be ashamed to collect 15 mil for the garbage she spews out. Randy Jackson – knows NOTHING about singing ! This program has gone to hell in a hand basket !

Takea Hike

Posted at 12:14 AM on May 11, 2014

Harry needs a better wig…

Linda

Posted at 9:53 PM on April 23, 2014

Alex Preston is a foxy guy where is his comments Jennifer .when you favor one or another contestant it’s not fair . Either treat them the same with the comments or standing up you sway the world one way or the other. Harry’s right acting like you prefer one contestant impacts others. Just voice your opinion .PLEASE

maria ponce

Posted at 12:24 AM on April 11, 2014

i hate what this 3 judges have commented to Alex Preston . i dont know how and what they heard on Akex version of the song he sang last wednesday . i may not be a professional singer ,but Alex Preston did a wonderful rendition of every breath you take song . Its so easy to give a not so nice comment but didnt they realized how hard to rearrange a song and made it so smooth sounding in the ear . I think this judges needs hearing aid to help them out !!! i dont care even if they are professional singers . But they made a lot of mistakes judging !!!! Calling your attention judges, this is the worst season !! My heart goes with Alex Preston last wednesday . he was sooo good , amazing arrangement . Iam so impress with you ! with your talent of arranging songs . that’s what you call talent judges!!! You still have time to change your messy judging ways before american idol goes down to trash !!!

Dee

Posted at 7:47 PM on June 18, 2014

Are you kidding, Keith Urban couldn’t hide how much he was impressed with Alex. Keith admired Alex and his ability to play different instruments

Darlene & Jacquie

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 8, 2014

Best judges Idol has ever had. They all have musical experience and try to share it in a constructive manor. I am interested in the talent being entertaining not the judges. Last year was a total disaster and got to the point that I did not care if I missed the program. I dislike hearing adults bicker like spoiled little children looking for attention. It is one thing to disagree, but do it in an intelligent way and like an adult! Great program this year and great talent!!

barbara

Posted at 9:01 PM on April 2, 2014

Best judges since beginning. I stopped watching last season. Having judges fight is annoying. Divas… it’s not about them .I feel the judges give criticism without being cruel. Bravo

dee

Posted at 3:40 AM on March 28, 2014

this is the worst judges on idol. jenn is ok both the other 2 is full of bs. you did not use the wild card for her. well we see now where this is going..

Dee

Posted at 7:50 PM on June 18, 2014

Didn’t go your way huh ?? Greatest judges American Idol has ever had!!! J Lo and Keith look good together.

Robert

Posted at 1:55 PM on March 27, 2014

I TOTALLY RESPECT THE EXPERTISE OF THE JUDGES (KEITH, JENNIFER, HARRY). I’M A BIG FAN!!! My only complaint, is when Jennifer and Keith share thoughts about these young contestants privately while these singers are performing. Very disrespectful as a judge!!! I believe it would be more PROFESSIONAL and FAIR for them to share thoughts of the performances after contestants have finished performing… I’m sure the contestants as well as the viewers would appreciate that gratitude…. These young stars need their thoughts independently, not conversely… I”M JUST SAYING, JUST SAYING… God Bless!!!

Marilyn

Posted at 8:53 PM on March 26, 2014

KEITH, JENNIFER, HARRY, A terrific combination, the “best” team . I’ve been watching for 11+plus years.. Love the show and personally think Harry’s comments are honest and from the heart. I hope he is back next year. It’s wonderful to hear “sensitive” positive helpful comments from all the judges. I hope they are all back next year. Right On!

Desiree

Posted at 8:59 PM on March 25, 2014

It is time to retire the A.I. show, they run a great run but please the judges are very boring! I have watched this show from 1st show and now it’s time to go home!!!! Better yet bring Simon in make it worth watching……..>>>>>>exit left!

Dee

Posted at 7:43 PM on June 18, 2014

What are you talking about, Simon, they just canceled X Factor. He doesn’t have it anymore. Love this panel, best they have ever had by far. Love Keith Urban especially !!!

Bonnie Paquin

Posted at 3:04 PM on March 20, 2014

Harry Connick Jr. tells the singers to understand and believe the words they are singing. How can Keith and Jennifer encourage a singer to believe in words like “run faster than my bullet”? These judges have a responsibility to help young stars understand they have an impact on their young listeners. If they don’t believe the words, they shouldn’t sing them.

bw@aol.com

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 19, 2014

Harry Connick Jr. is condescending, sarcastic and depressing. I personally hope he is NOT invited back next year.

Tim

Posted at 9:46 PM on March 19, 2014

Harry got to go. Terrable singer

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:05 PM on March 13, 2014

……..Goddamnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow watcher

Posted at 11:46 AM on March 13, 2014

Too bad Ricky and the band are totally over rated…the drummer didn’t come in- in the right timing on Sounds of Silence…and WHY didn’t they have that great snare hit to bring in the band behind her ? That is classic and they came in out of time and limp wristed..with a cross stick drum beat-WEAK!

Earlier in the season they butchered “Paint it Black” behind Jena (I believe it was).
That was THE weakest version I’ve ever heard on the musical end of it-but the girl still was strong.
Fire the band!