‘Chrisley Knows Best’ premiered on March 11, introducing us to the flamboyant self-made millionaire Todd Chrisley and his family of five. From awkward breast implant conversations to extremely inappropriate sexual comments made by children, we’ve narrowed down the top five most insane ‘family moments’ from the Chrisley clan!
Do you want to feel a bit more “normal” when it comes to your own family? Well, get ready to meet the Chrisleys — a wild, wacky, and insanely wealthy family from suburban Atlanta. Chrisley Knows Best premiered Tuesday, March 11, and America is already hooked on Todd Chrisley and his brassy blonde brood. Watch out, Duck Dynasty!
‘Chrisley Knows Best’ Premiere Recap: 5 Insane Moments
1. “I want to go to Hooters. I want to see some hot girls.” You’d think this line would come from the family’s 17-year-old son Chase, but you’d think wrong. Instead, this gem came from 7-year-old first grader Grayson, as he sat in his booster seat while his mom drove around town.
2. The $300,000 confession. Let’s just get the elephant in the room back in the savannah where it belongs — Todd Chrisley is extremely flamboyant, and his all-encompassing obsession with clothing (women’s in particular) doesn’t exactly make him look less gay. Todd’s feminine ways will apparently be addressed week two, but for now we can just live off of that scene where he bragged about his family spending $300,000 a year on clothes.
3. “Oh my God. You look like a young version of Pamela Anderson.” This is what Todd says to his 16-year-old daughter, like it’s the biggest compliment in the universe. Her response? “Well, that’s what I’m going for.” Eeeesh. File this under “conversations you don’t want to have with your dad.”
4. “I understand that we have to have a certain amount of those sizes that I don’t particularly care for.” Todd is planning on using a huge chunk of his fortune to launch a department store, but he makes it quite clear that he isn’t too keen on any size above, like, a six.
5. “I approve every piece of clothing that our children wear.” Todd exercises a remarkable amount of control over his children’s lives — in the premiere alone, he places LoJacks on their cars, reads their text messages, tracks their Internet usage, and tosses one of their computers into the pool when he doesn’t like what he sees. No wonder Chase defiantly swears that he’s going to “be a man” and stand up to his father — while getting a pedicure, of course.
BONUS: Next week, Todd’s eldest daughter, 24-year-old Lindsie, is going to get breast implants — which she discusses at length with her father, of course. “When a baby sucks ‘em dry,” she says in the previews for the episode, “you deserve ‘em.”
What did you think of the premiere, HollywoodLifers? Does Todd Chrisley really know best?
– Shaunna Murphy