‘The Walking Dead': Why Daryl & Beth Hooking Up Would Be Totally Okay

Mon, March 10, 2014 12:00pm EDT by 250 Comments
Walking Dead Daryl Beth Hookup
Courtesy of AMC

hailee

Posted at 12:12 AM on September 7, 2014

Omg on episodes 415-417 I was like there going to kiss bit they never did…. so upsetting:( I was so devestated .they need to kiss they need to b together they deserve to b together in that they both lost everything …….but each other… I would love to watch them spike it up that would b the best seaaon ever…..

tim

Posted at 10:57 AM on July 29, 2014

it’s not “statutory” rape…she’s not underage. She of legal consent. I really really think all the fuss is over caryl shippers and they are brutal. I hope the walk dead sinks that ship whether he hooks up with beth or not.

Elle

Posted at 11:26 AM on July 30, 2014

I agree! The Caryl shippers are vicious! Posting mean and hateful Twitter posts to EK and NR and tagging mean “pedophile” posts on Daryl. Hello! These are one: FICTIONAL characters and two: NOTHING physical has happened with them yet!! Chill the flip out!!!

Violet

Posted at 7:35 AM on August 8, 2014

Not to mention the fact that in order for Daryl to be a pedophile, Beth would have to be a child. Beth is 18 (possibly 19) on the show and the actress who plays her is 29 in real life. At 18, Beth could live on her own, be held responsible for debt, and get married without her parents’ consent in normal, non-zombie apocalyptic times. In the world of TWD, she’s definitly old enough to be with whomever she chooses. If that happens to be an older man, who cares? The human race is facing extinction and there are unspeakable horrors around every corner! Let people have a little happiness!

kathy mitchell

Posted at 12:09 PM on July 27, 2014

Hate to say the only reason I even watch it is for Norman, and I still fall a sleep or watch boondocks or he’s all over the internet so I can get my fill somewhere else it is so boring it’s just to much like a soap opera that the samething over and over, and my favorite movies are zoobie movies and I’m able to get threw them awake. I hope the writers realize give up on this and make a movie staring only Darrel and me would be great haha.. It still be better than this soap opera. :-\ sorry for the fans. Look who the fans are,,,and why, and what do they watch it for? Ask same to soap opera fans. ▶

missy

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 9, 2014

I think it was really smart of the writers to put them together. It’s clear that Daryl’s feelings for her aren’t sexual (yet). He really cares about her as an emotionally strong and caring person. By separating them, it gives them a chance to realize what they both really mean to each other. It was obvious Daryl was falling for her, but how does she feel about him? There is going to be a long, slow and angsty build-up before we get to see anything physical between them. Norman and Emily are doing a great job with this.. all those smoldering looks between them. So hot!

Emma

Posted at 11:34 PM on July 9, 2014

I agree with you Missy. Norman and Emily just LOOK great together and I’ve never seen better chemistry, sexual, platonic or otherwise with any other couple on this show. And that includes Glenn and Maggie!

spiritmind

Posted at 5:56 PM on July 6, 2014

go for it…….how else will the species survive. back in the day the married them off even younger

gabby

Posted at 9:27 PM on June 7, 2014

i think it should happen too.In zombie age the whole to old or too young thing doesnt exist.She cares for him and him for her everyone can see that.why not add a twist.so yeah they should it would give the show more mystery.

Emma

Posted at 11:45 AM on May 25, 2014

I think that there should be a daryl and beth relationship. I think that it be interesting to see what happens to there Characters and that age doesnt matter in TWD