‘Bachelor’ Finale Recap: Juan Pablo Chooses [Spoiler]

Mon, March 10, 2014 10:10pm EDT by 21 Comments

The time has come! Juan Pablo has found his true love — right? On the March 10 finale of season 18 of ‘The Bachelor,’ Juan Pablo gave away his final rose.

Both Nikki Ferrell and Clare Crawley looked absolutely beautiful when they met Juan Pablo Galavis for that final rose — after he took them home to meet his family. So, who did he choose? And who totally dissed him after getting sent home?

‘The Bachelor’ Finale Recap

We know you can’t wait to hear who he picks, but first, let us fill you in on what you missed on The Bachelor finale.

Meeting the parents is apparently just as awkward for the Bachelor and his leading ladies as it is for normal couples, huh?

When Juan Pablo brought home Nikki and Clare to get to meet his parents, brother, cousin and of course, his daughter Camila, it was just about as awkward as you’d imagine. Clare was of course eager as could be to meet his parents — she totally told his mom everything and more, and they really clicked. She explained how great of a listener he was (what?) and that he was always honest even if it was something she didn’t want to hear — this led to Juan Pablo’s mom agreeing with what we’ve all been thinking: he can be “very rude!” She even said that he’s made her cry before!

As for Nikki, she dove right in too. She wanted to know if his mom thought he was ready. Of course, the answer was that she was “pretty sure” — probably not exactly the answer that she was looking for now that it’s down to the final two. She also sat down with Juan Pablo’s cousin for an awkward conversation about fighting, Juan Pablo’s attitude, and how she’ll deal with it. She said she thought they would “fight well” together. Whatever that means!

Juan Pablo’s Final Dates: Nikki & Clare Want More

For his last date with Clare, he takes her away in a helicopter ride — and when they landed there was no cameras or lights, and Clare was, of course excited for a moment alone with him so he could whisper some sweet nothings in her ear. Instead though, he told her that that he didn’t know her at all as well as “some sexual thing” that she couldn’t even repeat. Naturally, she was heartbroken.

However, she called him out on it and told him that if there were doubts, it needed to be open because to her it’s much more than physical and she’s much more than a hook up. After he spent some time begging her for a kiss, she finally told him she needed to know where his head was at, and he said all the right things — that he could see a future with her. He even played “No Better Lovers” by Josh Krajcik, which they danced to together earlier in the season. Of course, Clare said they can dance to it at their wedding.

After all that awkwardness, we almost forgot he had to take out Nikki. Right away, she was explaining to the cameras that she too wanted to know how he felt. But, of course he said it was gonna be “okay.” It was clear that she really “wanted forever” as she put it, as she even framed a picture of them along with a super sweet card. After he left, she wasn’t happy — she sat and balled her eyes out.

Juan Pablo Turns Down Clare

I don’t think I’ve ever been so heartbroken before in my life. The moment that JP said “I have to say goodbye to you” to Clare, my heart seriously broke. After he told her, he went in for a hug — and she put her hands up — and the crowd applauded. Good for her! She called him out on saying that she could see himself with her in Sacramento, having kids with her, etc., and said that she “believed in us.”

“I saved this moment for the man of my dreams, I thought that as you, I thought I knew what kind of man you were,” she said before COMPLETELY slamming him, saying “I would never want my children having a father like you.” Juan Pablo proved right there it wasn’t a match when he said, “I’m glad I didn’t pick her.”

It got even more intense when Clare said to the cameras, “Don’t tell me you loved f–king me.” Ouch!

Juan Pablo Has A Ring . . . But Doesn’t Know How To Use It

Next up was Nikki, who had no idea what just went down. However, she told Juan Pablo how much she loved him and he answered by telling her that there are many things that he loves about her. He also brought up the fact that Nikki’s father told him to be 100% sure if he was going to purpose!

“I’m not 100% sure that I want to propose to you but I’m 100% sure that I don’t want to let you go,” he told her, adding, “I like you a lot. So Nikki, will you except my final rose?”

Of course she did, but he still never said “I love you!”

So, are they still together– tune in to After the Final Rose to see! Were you happy with his final decision, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

— Emily Longeretta

More ‘Bachelor’ Coverage:

1. Clare Refuses To See Juan Pablo During ‘After The Final Rose’
  2. Clare Crowley Disses Juan Pablo: I’d Never Have Kids With You
  3. ‘The Bachelor’ Finale — Juan Pablo Makes Sexual Comments To Clare

Bozell

Posted at 4:06 PM on July 10, 2014

Thank you!

hal

Posted at 1:32 AM on March 12, 2014

Are you a fifth grader? Please edit your copy and learn to spell.

i

Posted at 10:37 PM on March 11, 2014

“I like you a lot?” Juan Pablo is a slimy idiot and Nikki is a fool to think that he loves her. He’s just using her! How can she not see this?!? Juan Pablo is a slimy playboy and Nikki is truly a fool. He doesn’t love you Nikki! He’s just using you!

Mark Bixler

Posted at 12:19 PM on March 12, 2014

You have a problem with strong, independent, confident men that don’t bend a knee to the batted eye. He’s doing what feels right for him. You should applaud him for being true to himself as you would any woman.

Truth

Posted at 1:11 PM on March 11, 2014

Nikki is just a pawn being used by Juan Pablo temporarily until he dumps her. He just wants to make ABC and the American viewers think that he actually took the show seriously and intended to meet a potential wife. The reality is he NEVER had any intention of finding a wife. He is a typical narcissistic Latin gigolo and playboy who is thinks he can have anybody he wants on his own terms. He came on this show only to exploit the wealthy network that gave him the opportunity to see the world at their expense and meet 27 attractive women to dote over him and feed his ego.

I hope Nikki wises up sooner than later, sees him for whom he really is, and dumps him first. His own family knows what a rude, self-centered, superficial person he is and tried tactfully to warn the women.

Personally, I would love to meet Juan Pablo’s brother. That’s what I call beautiful, masculine, and HOT!!!

The Bachelorette should be another trip this summer. Andi would drive me up the wall in one conversation. She talks too much, goes around in circles, and is far too much of a drama queen to be taken seriously. Her father is a really insufferable piece of work. That’s the last family I’d want to marry into.

Lara Satlar

Posted at 12:27 PM on March 11, 2014

444Since I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out————– W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

mccrayoxb

Posted at 11:24 AM on March 11, 2014

Are you still single? If you think black and white is a beautiful combination. JOIN
—–>♥ BlackWhìteHub.C­O­M ♥ site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. Millions of singles have joined it. What are you waiting for?sssssssssssssssxcxcbxcb

lisacgolightly (@lisacgolightly)

Posted at 7:43 AM on March 11, 2014

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $85 an hour on the laptop . She has been fired from work for seven months but last month her pay was $18661 just working on the laptop for a few hours. straight from the source

WWW.M­­A­­­X­­3­­4­­­­­.C­O­M

Lara Satlar

Posted at 6:18 AM on March 11, 2014

Hat

Posted at 2:20 AM on March 11, 2014

Seriously?! “Balled” her eyes out?! Come on.

Robert

Posted at 1:52 AM on March 11, 2014

But, you know, I mean….I DO hope Nikki cures her terribly AWful bad case of cranial rectosis before she lives to regret it. More.

Tree

Posted at 12:18 AM on March 11, 2014

I’m going to try to chalk Juan Pablo’s “tackiness” to cultural differences. That’s the only defense I can give him. I wanted him to choose Claire, but I’m glad he didn’t because she probably couldn’t handle his “honesty” aka rudeness.

...

Posted at 12:41 AM on March 11, 2014

Who would want to handle it? Nikki looked like she had no self respect.

Tree

Posted at 9:59 AM on March 11, 2014

Me personally, I wouldn’t want to handle it. He was too abrasive for me. But honestly, I thought Nikki was abrasive throught the whole season, so she might be able to handle him. And, She didnt look like she had no self-respect. She looked like a girl in love. Juan Pablo was honet, she respects honesty. Maybe he’s not ready to say he’s in love at the 6 month mark, or the 2 month mark. Every relationship is different.

@Tree

Posted at 11:22 AM on March 11, 2014

“She didn’t look like she had no self respect?” Really? And we know that every relationship is different, we’re not morons.

Tree

Posted at 12:20 PM on March 11, 2014

Ok. Thanks for the conversation.

Bachelorette

Posted at 11:43 PM on March 10, 2014

OMG…after seeing all of this, and JP’s obnoxiousness, I see that Nikki is the real idiot for sticking with him. Everyone dumped on Clare for being irritating and needy, and she turned out to be the strong, sensible one. Nikki is blind…I never liked her, so she can suck it…oh yeah, she probably already does.

Kevin Khachatryan

Posted at 3:08 AM on March 11, 2014

I understand that you might be opinionated, but why insult a girl for being in love?

High School RULES

Posted at 8:04 AM on March 11, 2014

Yes, don’t you think he doesn’t return the favor with a woman? I think Nikki has ambitions like Ali F did, to go into broadcasting/ Don’t the bachelors have to sign some sort of agreement that they discuss their relationship afterwards?

i

Posted at 10:39 PM on March 11, 2014

exactly! How does she not see that he’s using her? Good for Clare for telling him off!

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 10, 2014

he will take another Red Bull, folks!!