‘My Five Wives’ Premiere Proves Polygamist Wives Are Sad & Lonely

Mon, March 10, 2014 11:22am EST by 43 Comments 15,198 Article Views
My Five Wives Premiere Recap
Courtesy of TLC

carol

Posted at 1:28 AM on November 17, 2014

I watch my five wives each week. I want to say I do not agree with this lifestyle and if you talked to these mothers long enough they are either highly uneducated/exposed amd or insecure. I belive this makes them more of a victim for this type of lifestyle. I can’t stomach it as long as this type of behavior or “lifestyle” does not continue beyong their mothers generation. Any of the mothers that don’t understand that are lying to the viewers and or themselfves.

On a positive note – “my five wives” is the opposite of Sister wives. MFW makes you never want to watch another episode of SWs. I mean Cody of SWs appears like a dead beat father with his “beady eyes”(not unlike Hitler) and his total lack of focus convinces you beyond a doubt that he probably could not name all of his own children. The Brown family is nothing but a scarey version of what warren Jeffs and his follows aspire to in Colorado City.

HOWEVER M5Ws ( the matriarchs) are actually smart and hold down jobs and careers – I can’t say a negative thing about any of the women on M5W apart from the misdirection they received as children which lead to them to no self worth. Tailee (Noonies Daughter), apart from the fact that the camera loves her, I think they should sign that child up at an agency in New York and have her model or do commercials. At the very least, she could probably have a spin of show! She would have her college tuition in no time flat and possible extra money. Tailee is truely an enjoyable child to watch -i would watch her is an Oscar myer type ad or a commerial. Do it now while you the girl is so cute. Rosemary is a wonderful woman and I like how she tries to be a peacemaker ( even though she appears constantly shorted). I can see her getting shorted on the personal time with husband and hope she gets more time. She deserves more time, give it to her please. Frankly, I wish they would all divorce this guy. But unlike deadbeat Cody – this guy deserves points for actually being able to support his family. Cody just ran around and acted like he was busy. I do not like the first wife ( the long brown hair). I can’t think of her name. So my Favs are #1/#2 Rosemary and Noonie (Noonie – there is really no bulls$#T with her so how she ended up in a screwed up relationship like this is beyond me) and then #3/4 Rhonda and that 4th blonde(God bless both but obviously Rhonda was meant to be the first wife and not the last) and the other one who Rosemary protects/defends, (Long straight blonde tall thin girl!!) who I feel like she is an “extra wife”. Finally, ( in my opin. the 5th one Robin!!)…..she is so cold and doesn’t really fit in their attempt at a progressive Poligymous lifestyle. She acts like she should be living in Colorado City!. If any name has been forgotten,they may not be quite “remembering”. Ironic that it took me till now to remember Brady’s name. I just pray to God jesus or anyone that will listen that you will instill the confidence and faith in your daughters that they are worthy of their own man and don’t have to share a husband. Also given hunger and population issues, you should think about your social responsibiltiy to ensure a future where your future generations should be so lucky to have the chance to reproduce, given your legacy and the plantary world food and water crisis in approx. 30 years…… and yes, not in Africa but right down the street at your local supermarket. Don’t squander the green, propersous earth that god has given us. If there is a rampant plague of unbridled reproduction, such as your own behavior, yours and other future generations will not be so lucky to even have the option or choice to propagate. Be socially responsibilty and teach it to your children that that too is a gift not a given.

j farinella

Posted at 11:58 AM on November 10, 2014

New season shows pursuing pregnancy, adoption, sending kid to peru, multimillion dollar contracts etc. we know from multiple internet site s of the huge amount of credit card debt they ran up. These idiots cannot afford the 29 now in the family but they go on quitting a job, spending, traveling and failing to pay creditors. no one should have kids and/or a lifestyle that cannot be paid with thier income. Have as many wives and kiss that YOU CAN AFFORD. God wants you to be sensible not stupid and greedy!

Francine J. Morshed

Posted at 7:37 PM on October 26, 2014

“Cabrona y cuartro cabronas!!” In Spanish, this means a woman who knows that her husband is cheating on her, but does nothing about it. Likewise for the remaining FOUR!!!!! What a life of pain and heartache, EXTREMELY LOW…….SELF ESTEEM that EACH WOMAN POSSESSES AND THEN…….TOLERATES. ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD IN THIS CASE!!!! LOTS OF LIES AND REPRESSED FEELINGS„ FOR THE SAKE OF SAYING THAT YOU HAVE A HUSBAND!!!??? I am totally DISGUSTED!!! I believe in fairness and equality. Since he has FIVE WIVES, why not each wife…..HAVE FIVE HUSBANDS???!!! Whats good for the goose is ALSO good for the gander!!! What a crock of crap!!! I am PROUDLY ARABIAN. MY LATE FATHER, AHMED IS FROM YEMEN WHERE POLYGAMY STILL AND WILL ALWAYS EXIST. I am strongly against it and do not agree with it in ANY…..WAY!!! Where is the UNITY between ONE MAN AND MULTIPLE SPOUSES???!……..THERE IS NONE!!! At least, I must say that fairness and equality are practiced among all wives!!!! For example, if you purchase one diamond ring……YOU PURCHASE FOUR OTHERS!!!……BRADY….GET YOUR S•IT RIGHT!!! In particular, I feel so bad for the screwed up 24 CHILDREN. GOD BLESS.

Jalene

Posted at 10:51 PM on June 20, 2014

Started watching this show on Vudu today. I would not under any circumstance be okay with sharing a husband. It’s so wrong to think that anyone would want to be in a relationship that’s only yours for a few hours a week while he’s in five that’s ongoing forever.

Chris H

Posted at 6:35 AM on June 15, 2014

The next televised disgrace to humanity to emanate from the USA. I’m no fan of religion, but this is just plain warped and benefits no one – especially not the 5 deprived and depressed hillbilly milfs (btw – this really does nothing for the liberation and empowerment of women) and especially nothing for the 24 (last count) confused kids. Show Trailer should go “1 husband, plus, 5 wives, plus,1 orderly queue, plus, 1 high calibre bullet, equals a better place”

Tricia

Posted at 6:53 PM on May 11, 2014

Does anyone roll their eyes every time Brady says Baby to each of the women? Boy, that would make me feel special ….I agree, self esteem is not in the equation. Even for the guy, if he can’t satisfy one woman’s needs, he can always try and try again over the course of five days. His self esteem can’t be that great either, having crying upset jealous wives….not doing something right.

gina

Posted at 5:33 PM on May 11, 2014

Please….no more polygamy shows…all those dang insecure, crying women all the time…geeze, enough…It’s absolutely crazy, no big wow as to why it just won’t work and doesn’t work. We were not made to have more than one mate.

PJS

Posted at 1:31 PM on May 11, 2014

It is just plain gross, period. I’m a pretty live and let live person, but this is disgusting on all level and would NEVER be tolerated if it were a woman with five husbands. I’m appalled that any station is putting this on the air. And, for the record, no one has more than one legal spouse as it is illegal in all states. He is married to one and is living with the rest without the benefit of marriage. It is very obvious that these are women who were indoctrinated in the lifestyle and, as one of them confirmed, were taught they could not get to heaven without practicing the lifestyle. It’s tragic for all involved, especially the children.

Angela

Posted at 1:35 PM on November 10, 2014

Well, of course the wives were indoctrinated in this lifestyle. How many women who were not raised in polygamy would be content with one-fifth of a husband?

camille

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 9, 2014

What is going on here? Why are there so many shows promoting polygamist lifestyles? People, this is not a good thing. First of all, if you have one man producing 25 kids, over a few generations, if his children get into the same cultish lifestyle as his parents, and then they start producing babies like bunnies, they will produce a small army of Mormons. Do you not see where this is headed? Mormons will be the fastest growing segment of society, and take over America and its institutions. I personally see them as a cult and do not want to be run or overrun by them. Shame on the producers for making them out to be the all American family. They are not. And, we should not be promoting this lifestyle. It is unfair to women and to the rest of the world.

lozza

Posted at 7:13 PM on June 14, 2014

Just to clarify…while I completely disagree with the polygamist lifestyle and would tell my husband to take a hike, were he to even suggest it, it is important to differentiate between fundamentalist mormons (FLDS) and mainstream mormons (LDS). The mormon church or LDS church do not practice polygamy and anyone who is caught practicing is excommunicated. They also do not live in isolated communities, wear prairie dresses or treat their women like cattle. I only say this because people seem to use the term “mormon” quite liberally to refer to the far more normal mainstream mormon church as well as the fundamentalist sect. Being a mormon myself I laugh in amusement every time I am asked how many sister wives I have or why I wear jeans, but I also shudder a little bit to think that a large segment of the population don’t know the difference and think my husband is hiding underage brides in our basement.

Catryna

Posted at 6:30 AM on July 23, 2014

As a “true” Mormon, you also know that the FLDS is a cult-ish sect that has nothing to do with the sect that the Brown and Williams family belong to, correct? You realize that the Brown family belong to the AUB (Apostolic United Brethren) and the Williams family used to belong to the same sect, with Brady actually being a leader in the church proir to the family leaving the religion altogether, correct? The AUB does not arrange marriages nor does it force young girls to marry old men. It is completely different than the FLDS and with the exception of the acceptance of polygamy, very similar to your “true” Mormon (LDS) church!!