‘My Five Wives’ Premiere Proves Polygamist Wives Are Sad & Lonely

Mon, March 10, 2014 11:22am EDT by 39 Comments 20,105 Article Views
My Five Wives Premiere Recap
Courtesy of TLC

Jalene

Posted at 10:51 PM on June 20, 2014

Started watching this show on Vudu today. I would not under any circumstance be okay with sharing a husband. It’s so wrong to think that anyone would want to be in a relationship that’s only yours for a few hours a week while he’s in five that’s ongoing forever.

Chris H

Posted at 6:35 AM on June 15, 2014

The next televised disgrace to humanity to emanate from the USA. I’m no fan of religion, but this is just plain warped and benefits no one – especially not the 5 deprived and depressed hillbilly milfs (btw – this really does nothing for the liberation and empowerment of women) and especially nothing for the 24 (last count) confused kids. Show Trailer should go “1 husband, plus, 5 wives, plus,1 orderly queue, plus, 1 high calibre bullet, equals a better place”

Tricia

Posted at 6:53 PM on May 11, 2014

Does anyone roll their eyes every time Brady says Baby to each of the women? Boy, that would make me feel special ….I agree, self esteem is not in the equation. Even for the guy, if he can’t satisfy one woman’s needs, he can always try and try again over the course of five days. His self esteem can’t be that great either, having crying upset jealous wives….not doing something right.

gina

Posted at 5:33 PM on May 11, 2014

Please….no more polygamy shows…all those dang insecure, crying women all the time…geeze, enough…It’s absolutely crazy, no big wow as to why it just won’t work and doesn’t work. We were not made to have more than one mate.

PJS

Posted at 1:31 PM on May 11, 2014

It is just plain gross, period. I’m a pretty live and let live person, but this is disgusting on all level and would NEVER be tolerated if it were a woman with five husbands. I’m appalled that any station is putting this on the air. And, for the record, no one has more than one legal spouse as it is illegal in all states. He is married to one and is living with the rest without the benefit of marriage. It is very obvious that these are women who were indoctrinated in the lifestyle and, as one of them confirmed, were taught they could not get to heaven without practicing the lifestyle. It’s tragic for all involved, especially the children.

camille

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 9, 2014

What is going on here? Why are there so many shows promoting polygamist lifestyles? People, this is not a good thing. First of all, if you have one man producing 25 kids, over a few generations, if his children get into the same cultish lifestyle as his parents, and then they start producing babies like bunnies, they will produce a small army of Mormons. Do you not see where this is headed? Mormons will be the fastest growing segment of society, and take over America and its institutions. I personally see them as a cult and do not want to be run or overrun by them. Shame on the producers for making them out to be the all American family. They are not. And, we should not be promoting this lifestyle. It is unfair to women and to the rest of the world.

lozza

Posted at 7:13 PM on June 14, 2014

Just to clarify…while I completely disagree with the polygamist lifestyle and would tell my husband to take a hike, were he to even suggest it, it is important to differentiate between fundamentalist mormons (FLDS) and mainstream mormons (LDS). The mormon church or LDS church do not practice polygamy and anyone who is caught practicing is excommunicated. They also do not live in isolated communities, wear prairie dresses or treat their women like cattle. I only say this because people seem to use the term “mormon” quite liberally to refer to the far more normal mainstream mormon church as well as the fundamentalist sect. Being a mormon myself I laugh in amusement every time I am asked how many sister wives I have or why I wear jeans, but I also shudder a little bit to think that a large segment of the population don’t know the difference and think my husband is hiding underage brides in our basement.

Catryna

Posted at 6:30 AM on July 23, 2014

As a “true” Mormon, you also know that the FLDS is a cult-ish sect that has nothing to do with the sect that the Brown and Williams family belong to, correct? You realize that the Brown family belong to the AUB (Apostolic United Brethren) and the Williams family used to belong to the same sect, with Brady actually being a leader in the church proir to the family leaving the religion altogether, correct? The AUB does not arrange marriages nor does it force young girls to marry old men. It is completely different than the FLDS and with the exception of the acceptance of polygamy, very similar to your “true” Mormon (LDS) church!!