Beyonce’s New Campaign To Empower Young Girls: ‘Ban Bossy’ — Watch PSA

Mon, March 10, 2014 10:54am EDT by 7 Comments

Beyonce wants young women everywhere to stop being afraid of being a leader. The superstar mom is ready to spread Ban Bossy’s message with the world. Watch it here!

Why do women get labeled as bossy while men get labeled as leaders? Beyonce tackles the topic while empowering young female youth in a new PSA.

Beyonce Wants To ‘Ban Bossy’

Have you ever been called bossy? What about stubborn or pushy? These are common labels associated with girls in school, and Beyonce‘s Ban Bossy campaign is shedding light on how these labels often make young girls lose any and all interest in wanting to grow up and be powerful leaders.

“By middle school, girls are less interested in leadership than boys, and that’s because they worry about being called ‘bossy.’ We need to tell them it’s okay to be ambitious,” the stars in the Ban Bossy PSA declare.

Beyonce is joined by Jennifer Garner, Jane Lynch, Diane Von Furstenberg, and other powerful men and women in this new PSA calling for a ban on the label ‘bossy.’

“I’m not bossy, I’m the boss.” Beyonce ends the PSA, a powerful declaration of her leadership.

Tell us, HollyMoms — Will you share this empowering message with the young women in your life?

– Lauren Cox

More Beyonce News:

1. Blue Ivy Sings ‘Drunk In Love’ With Beyonce In New Video — Watch
  2. Beyonce Parties In London In A Sexy Chic Striped Mini: Get It For $140
  3. Beyonce’s Sexy ‘XO’ Performance & More: BRIT Awards Best Moments

Tswcwc

Posted at 3:25 PM on March 15, 2014

Come on now! I can see it now. Kids getting referrals or suspended from school for calling someone bossy. Get over it. We have become a nation of pansies.

Brooke

Posted at 10:42 PM on March 12, 2014

I’ve been called bossy only once at nine years old. But the fact of the matter is, I was a pushover and an easy target. After being called “bossy,” I actually felt empowered to stand up for myself. I became my own leader because of the word bossy. I think this campaign is ridiculous. Just more hype from the feminists. You can’t just ban a word from the dictionary because you were offended by it as a kid. Most of the girls I knew growing up WERE bossy. And they didn’t seem to care if anyone pointed it out.

Ladies Watches

Posted at 7:36 AM on March 11, 2014

Great campaign. Thanks for the video

whatsweb

Posted at 2:28 PM on March 10, 2014

Reblogged this on JobisJobs.

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:37 PM on March 10, 2014

the youth has the future.
ask the ucla rowing ladies!!

Janelle

Posted at 12:15 PM on March 10, 2014

Whoa, this is not Beyonce’s campaign. It’s Sheryl Sandberg’s campaign and Beyonce is participating in it.

Lara Satlar

Posted at 11:24 AM on March 10, 2014

Since I started with my online business I earn $58 everyyyy 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out————– W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M