Miki Howard has been making headlines as Michael Jackson’s potential baby mama. The 53-year-old singer’s son Brandon Howard is reportedly a DNA match with the late king of pop. That’s some pretty amazing news but what else is there to know about Miki? Click below to find out.
Miki Howard, 53, is a singer and the mother of Brandon Howard who is allegedly the son of Michael Jackson. But what else is Miki? We here at HollywoodLife.com have put together a small list to give you a closer looked into the past of Michael’s alleged baby mama.
Miki Howard: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About A Diva
1. Miki was in The Movie ‘Malcolm X':
In 1992, Miki Howard portrayed jazz legend Billie Holiday in Spike Lee‘s Malcolm X, singing Billie’s “I Cover The WaterFront.”
2. The singer has had several Top 10 hits and multiple albums:
Miki’s first hit was “Baby Be Mine” in 1987, followed by “That’s What Love Is” that same year. Two years later, Miki put out “Love Under New Management” which also hit the Top 10 charts.
3. Miki Comes From a very musical family:
She is the daughter of gospel singers Josephine Howard of The Caravans, and Clay Graham of The Pilgrim Jubilees. Miki’s mother often took her to the homes of various stars such as Aretha Franklin and Mavis Staples of the Staples Singers.
4. Miki has either won a major musical award or been nominated for one between 1988 and 2002:
Miki won Best New R&B/Soul Artist at the 1988 Soul Train Music Awards and in 2002 she was nominated for a Grammy for Best Traditional and R&B Vocal Album.
5. Miki is a native of Chicago, Ill.:
At the age of 9, Miki and her family moved from Chicago to Los Angeles to be close to Caravans arranger James Cleveland.
– Bryant Perkins
More Closely Related Miki Howard News:
- Brandon Howard Is Michael Jackson’s Son — Alleged DNA Results Are In
- Michael Jackson’s Son — Another Singer Claims To Be The Father