‘American Idol’ Recap: Shocking Elimination For Season Favorite

Thu, March 6, 2014 9:21pm EST by 13 Comments
American Idol Results Recap
Courtesy of FOX

Sherry L.

Posted at 11:52 PM on March 20, 2014

American Idol isn’t that good this year. America miss the mark Majesty Rose shouldn’t have been in the bottom again. Their were a few terrible singers on the last show. I’m not as interested as I’ve been in the past. !maybe its the judges? The ones that are good are at the bottom. Jennifer Hudson was in the bottom look where she’s at now. America needs to get it together and vote the right way.

Anna R

Posted at 4:32 PM on March 8, 2014

She seems like a perfectly nice young lady and she is a good singer, but I don’t think it was a great loss. I never understood the big fuss over Emily.

RH6194

Posted at 7:17 PM on March 7, 2014

I thought Emily did a great job with “Let’s Get Loud”…which is what the voting was based on. She was terrible last night, however it was clear her disappointment with the results took a severe toll on her singing. She did a good job trying to keep her composure in a heart-breaking and very disappointing defeat. When she initially took the first stool in the bottom three, I think she (rightly) thought that she was still going to be safe in the end. She never looked very worried and seemed shocked that she actually received the fewest votes of the week. I don’t understand this vote at all and frankly it makes me wonder about the integrity of the show.

Sasha

Posted at 3:25 PM on March 7, 2014

i don ‘t think Emily should have been voted off so early. She has been the one I have been voting for each week. I thought she should have gone further. Good luck to her. I thought she could have won the whole thing.

Robyn Racine Roberts!

Posted at 1:21 PM on March 7, 2014

Since Emily & Kristen are gone, the only 2 I like are: Malaya Watson & Jessica Meuse

Echoguy

Posted at 11:56 AM on March 7, 2014

When looking at these kids this year, I think you have to be honest and see that they just aren’t as good as previous years. Can you see any of them as true standouts? Does any of them have the potential to do what Candice did last year with her rendition of “Love Song”? Caleb is interesting, but rockers never win. Dexter has a great country voice, but he’ll always be compared to Scotty. Jessica, Majesty and Malaya are also…good, but can they deliver greatness?

gail

Posted at 10:00 PM on April 16, 2014

i agree it actually seem,s like i,m watching kereoke this year so dif from the voice there amazing

korey

Posted at 7:57 AM on March 7, 2014

Actually they all can go no good singers at all this year The Voice is what’s up this season amazing singers…Don’t know what the judges were smoking when they were casting the show no good singers at all

haridasgowra

Posted at 5:03 AM on March 7, 2014

Enjoy buddies………………

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:19 AM on March 7, 2014

but the ‘business’ needs real artists!!

Chris

Posted at 12:12 AM on March 7, 2014

I think JLo’s unabashed favoritism for Emily bc of her Latina heritage alienated the viewers.

It’s a shame bc Emily was one of the best.

Jo

Posted at 12:09 AM on March 7, 2014

I don’t see how kodaline is a band that needs more exposure. That song has already been featured on Greys Anatomy AND on The Vampire Diaries as well as topping the billboard charts across the pond. Come on American idol you can find a band that needs more exposure then this one. (That said I love love love that song so I was still happy to hear it!) I feel bad for Emily going home so soon but honestly she was horrible last night. I would much prefer to see Jessica go home but for some reason America loves her. Oh well maybe next week they will figure it out and send her home.

Bud Langley

Posted at 9:48 PM on March 6, 2014

Its sad to see Emily leave she didn’t deserve this at all. America Made a very huge mistake last night. She will be forever missed by me and her other fans out there. I’m so sorry Emily.