Lea Michele’s Heartbreaking Song Reveals Cory Monteith’s Last Words — Listen

Fri, February 28, 2014 10:53am EDT by 27 Comments

Get your tissues ready. Lea Michele’s ‘Louder’ album doesn’t hit stands until March 3, but her new single written after Cory’s death has come out and it reveals how she felt just seven days after his tragic death, and why she got the tattoo of the words ‘If You Say So.’

So so sad. Lea Michele‘s new song “If You Say So” takes us through the last conversation the Glee star had with her boyfriend Cory Monteith before he died in Vancouver on July 13. Listen to the emotional ballad here.

Lea Michele’s ‘If You Say So’ — Listen

You will absolutely need to get your tissues ready. Lea previously revealed in interviews that her record was done before the death of Cory, but she wanted to add a few songs — and “If You Say So” was one of those songs.

The lyrics speak for themselves, as they walk us through the last conversation Lea had with Cory, and how she felt the following week. The song is definitely the most candid and real we’ve ever heard Lea. It follows the release of “You’re Mine,” a song that she calls her favorite on the album and that Cory loved.

“It makes me so happy, this song,” she told Elle magazine about “You’re Mine.” “It makes me think so much of Cory. It was ours. When I think of him, I play this.”

Read the emotional lyrics to “If You Say So” below and see the tattoo of the quote here.

‘If You Say So’ Lyrics

It’s been seven whole days, seven whole days
Since you paralyzed me
Seven whole days, seven whole days
Since you lost your fight
And I can’t get the last words that you said
Can’t get those words out of my head
Seven whole days, seven whole days and four words
And I can’t get away from the burning pain a light you wake
And the fallen hero haunts my thoughts
How could you leave me this way

It’s been seven whole days without your embrace
I wanna see your face
I got some things to say
Was just a week ago
You said ‘I love you girl’
I said ‘I love you more’
And a breath, a pause, you said, ‘If you say so’
If you say so
If you say so

It’s been seven whole days, seven whole days
Since I heard the phone ring
Seven whole days, seven whole days
Since I heard your voice
And I can’t get the last words that you said
Can’t get those words out of my head
It’s been seven whole days, seven whole days of pure hurt
And I can’t get away from the burning pain a light you wake
And the fallen hero haunts my thoughts
How could you leave me this way

It’s been seven whole days without your embrace
I wanna see your face
I got some things to say
Was just a week ago
You said ‘I love you girl’
I said ‘I love you more’
And a breath, a pause, you said, ‘If you say so’
If you say so
If you say so

I can’t believe it’s true
I keep looking for you
I check my phone and wait to hear from you in a crowded room
The joker is so cruel
And now I’ll never know if all I’ve been told is just a lie so false
I thought we would grow old
Mirrors in the smoke
Left me here choke

It’s been seven whole days without your embrace
I wanna see your face
I got some things to say
Was just a week ago
You said ‘I love you girl’
I said ‘I love you more’
And a breath, a pause, you said, ‘If you say so’
If you say so
If you say so

What do you think of Lea’s song to Cory, HollywoodLifers?

— Emily Longeretta

More Lea Michele & Cory Monteith News:

1. ‘Glee’: 100th Episode Was ‘Emotional’ & ‘Odd’ Without Cory Monteith
  2. Lea Michele Wants ‘To Fall In Love’ Again After Losing Cory Monteith
  3. Lea Michele: Cory Monteith Is ‘Watching Everything I’m Doing’

‘Thiết Giáp Bay’ Của Không Quân Việt Nam

Posted at 8:01 PM on May 12, 2014

excellent points altogether, you just received a new reader.
What may you recommend about your put up that you made some
days ago? Any certain?

du lich trung quoc nen mua gi

Posted at 3:30 AM on March 5, 2014

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article plus the rest of the site
is very good.

du lich phu quoc khach san 4 sao

Posted at 12:19 AM on March 2, 2014

If some one needs to be updated with latest technologies after that he must be visit this web site and be
up to date every day.

-B

Posted at 9:17 AM on March 1, 2014

i don’t understand this comments! i mean, most artists write their songs based on things that have happened to them !

Devon Penfoldfyk

Posted at 1:10 AM on March 1, 2014

Im making over $8k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do……. W­ORKJURY.C­O­M

Samantha

Posted at 11:45 PM on February 28, 2014

SO SICK OF THIS GIRL! She is so full of shti and just making money off this poor guy’s death, if she really cared for him why didn’t she sing and scream about his drug addiction and maybe he could of gotten some help.And im glad they took GLEE off T.V. too. I just hate people that profit off things that should not be profitted off of. I wish she would get off t.tv. for good. No wait maybe she should announce that all the proceeds from this CD and anything else she is milking to get money from this guy death will go to help Drug Addicted teens. 100% of the money to be used like that and not for her own bank account.

gleek101

Posted at 12:13 AM on March 1, 2014

WE are SICK of people like you posting hate and lies. Glee is still airing on TV and Lea is not profting off cory’s death because she is not using his death at all. This is her album nothing to do with cory so how about you get a lifr life and get your facts straight. LOosrer

Simone

Posted at 11:43 PM on June 17, 2014

You can only save people who want to be saved, and sometimes you have to do it yourself.

Me

Posted at 11:34 PM on February 28, 2014

First off, it was not an PR relationship, they were in love and on many occasions they would request no press,secondly, they had plans to move in together and start moving forward in their relationship and lastly, she doesn’t need to “milk it” for money she is paid very well for Glee. You haters find someone to hate on, in the meantime Lea’s and Cory’s fans will continue to scream #LOUDER. Bye bye misable people.

Sophie Georgini

Posted at 6:05 PM on February 28, 2014

She is doing nothing more than capitalizing on Corey’s death and I refuse… REFUSE to support her. Had she released this song FOR FREE as a single, it would have shown true character.

But nooooo. She rather make the big $$$s, on Corey’s heartwrenching death.

SHAME ON HER.

alishamona

Posted at 7:35 PM on February 28, 2014

She is a new artist her Record Label wouldn’t dare let her release this for free. Also, most artist don’t get hardly any money back fro their albums.

Samantha

Posted at 11:47 PM on February 28, 2014

erica

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 16, 2014

@samantha “What do you mean artists hardly get any money back from their albums? How do you think musicians make all that money.”

You obviously do not know the record industry. These days the singers have to work much harder for their money because of illegal downloading. They make a deal with a record label and go on many tour thats where they get their money, but most have to do anything and everything they want. Without touring, artists go broke! Why do you think all these old artists who are “sooo rich” have to keep touring? You think Britney Spears wants to keep singing Opps I Did it Again? Hell no. She just needs to because that what the fans want to come watch in concert although she is not making any money off selling the song on itunes.

gleek101

Posted at 12:11 AM on March 1, 2014

No SHAME on you or posting such lies and hate about some one you don’y know. Lea does not need your support and it goes to show how stupid you are if you think songs get release for free. Lea would never use cory’ s death for money she doesn’t need to. Get al ife loer

ted

Posted at 1:18 AM on March 1, 2014

for Christ sake Sophie Georgini! If she really wanted to make big money out of Cory’s death, she would just release any song related to him immediately right after Cory’s death or the buzz still there instead of now!

I mean, she didn’t even talk much about Cory’s death instead she handled it very profoundly… not even trying to act so pity to gain supports or sympathy! She released a motivative song as lead single and she waited the buzz to stop and only released this song about Cory! Like what else do you still expect?

GET A LIFE or at least put yourself in people’s shoes before you say anything so disrespect.

sophigom (@sophigom8)

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 28, 2014

hiiiiii

erica

Posted at 12:30 PM on April 16, 2014

hi!

Claire L. Nedzela

Posted at 3:43 PM on February 28, 2014

Lea Michele speacking of witch I let Patrick Stewart go and I am so sorry I can share you’re pain togther you’re song is so wonderful that song he is in the moon I don’t want you be upset as a friend my heart is broken but please pray for him, it makes me cry so much I just wanted to say I am glad that Glee is neally finish

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 12:08 PM on February 28, 2014

So sad the trauma that she must feel knowing she tried to help him and thought he was getting that help.It is hard she was making a life with him and then finds out he died from drugs.Nothing is fair ,but at least she was there for him.

Blechh

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 28, 2014

You know nothing. It was a PR romance only for publicity, which is very common in Hollywood. SHOCK!!! She’s milking it for everything she can get, and it’s getting old. She’s also had a boyfriend on the side for many months now. Wake up. It’s people like you that she plays to.

gleek101

Posted at 12:09 AM on March 1, 2014

No you know nothing except posting lies. Lea DOES NOT have another boyfriend. She has said she is not ready to date. Lea has NOT milked his death its the media and people like you. Your the one who needs to wake and stop bashing and posting lies and hate about some one you don’t even know. Their relationship was not PR you loser

erica

Posted at 12:31 PM on April 16, 2014

fyi….all you hate towards her is created publicity. good or bad, you’re helping her out! pahaha

Samantha

Posted at 11:51 PM on February 28, 2014

How do you know anything about what she tried to do? If they were making a life together then why was he in the hotel room alone without her.

Nomii

Posted at 11:42 AM on February 28, 2014

Aww that is so sad x

God Bless

Posted at 11:40 AM on February 28, 2014

Beautiful song. It gave me the chills. God Bless you Lea.

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:20 AM on February 28, 2014

lunatic!!
dead boddies need rest & peace.

asphaltjoe

Posted at 12:37 PM on February 28, 2014

Pretty sure dead bodies aren’t moving, fighting or otherwise.

Lunatic.