Girl, 6, Found Frozen To Death By Devastated Mother After Lock Out

Fri, February 28, 2014 11:55am EDT by 23 Comments
6-Year-Old Girl Frozen Minnesota
Courtesy of ABC

A 6-year-old girl froze to death on the porch of her apartment building after being locked out overnight in sub-zero degree temperatures. How could this have happened?

A terrible tragedy in Minnesota. A little girl, 6, was found frozen to death by her own mother on the steps of her own home.

Little Girl Found Frozen To Death On Doorstep

How did this happen. A 6-year-old girl, whose name has been withheld until the entire family is notified, was found frozen to death on the doorstep of her own apartment building. What makes this story even sadder is that it was her own mother who found her.

The girl was reportedly found frozen to the steps wearing a coat, hat, gloves, and boots. Unfortunately, her warm attire wasn’t enough to stop the sub-zero artic temperatures from freezing her tiny body. According to the local weather report, the weather in the area dropped to as low as -27 degrees. Local police confirmed that there have been at least 21 weather-related deaths in the area since Dec. 1, 2013.

Girl’s Body Showed Signs Of ‘Exposure’

While it is still unknown how the girl ended up outside overnight without anyone noticing, an autopsy is being performed at the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s office in St. Paul to confirm suspicions that exposure to weather are the little girl’s cause of death.

When the little girl was found on the front steps by her mother and a neighbor, they immediately called 911. Unfortunately by the time emergency responders arrived it was too late for revival, and the girl was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to reports, the Bemidji neighborhood in Minnesota were the girl was found is known as the “icebox of the nation” due to it’s harsh temperatures and close proximity to Canada.

– Lauren Cox

More Related News:

1. Boy, 10, Dies After Pet Rat Bites Him — Family Devastated
  2. Polio-Like Mystery Illness In Kids: Key Symptom To Watch For
  3. Woman Who Gave Birth On Street — Touching Tribute To Helpful Stranger

auto locksmith luton

Posted at 4:20 AM on August 1, 2014

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great.
I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart.

I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific web
site.

luton car locksmith

Posted at 10:26 PM on July 31, 2014

If some one needs to be updated with most recent technologies after that he must be visit this
site and be up to date daily.

locksmith tools luton

Posted at 11:57 AM on July 31, 2014

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker
who was conducting a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that
I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this….
Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this issue here
on your site.

locked out of car in luton

Posted at 5:04 PM on July 27, 2014

I get pleasure from, result in I discovered just what I was looking for.
You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye

car locksmith in luton

Posted at 10:31 AM on July 27, 2014

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought
I should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

locked out of room luton

Posted at 10:12 AM on July 27, 2014

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the same comment.
There has to be a way you are able to remove me from that
service? Cheers!

locksmith prices

Posted at 5:32 AM on July 27, 2014

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog
and wished to mention that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I’ll be subscribing on your rss feed and
I am hoping you write again soon!

locked out of my house in luton

Posted at 10:40 PM on July 22, 2014

Hello, There’s no doubt that your web site might be having web browser
compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine
however, when opening in IE, it’s got some overlapping issues.
I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
Other than that, great website!

Cheri

Posted at 11:19 AM on March 8, 2014

She was not found frozen to the steps!! She was found inside the front entrance to the apartment building. There have been 21 deaths in THE STATE OF MINNESOTA due to the cold, not the area! The Bemidji neighborhood is not known as the “icebox of the nation.” Stick to reporting on the Hollywood life because you obviously have to no clue how to write an accurate article.

Guy

Posted at 3:22 PM on March 2, 2014

21 people have not died in the area from cold since dec. 13. 21 people in the state of Minnesota have died from the cold.
Source: Bemidji resident.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 8:48 PM on February 28, 2014

OW CAN ANYBODY MISPLACE THERE OWN CHILD??????????????

Damn!

Posted at 8:50 PM on February 28, 2014

@EP, you’d be surprised how many people misplace or forget about their kids. If only for a minute for the most part.

hailywhite16

Posted at 7:56 PM on February 28, 2014

But how did she get outside!?

Lala Affëçtíõñ

Posted at 7:44 PM on February 28, 2014

$ IT WASNT HER MOTHER!!!!!!!!

Damn!

Posted at 9:14 PM on February 28, 2014

@Lala Affection, are you saying the mom left her in the care of a family member and they drove off somewhere forgetting her?
I was left at a gas station once when I was like 7 years old. It was during a family road trip.
13 people in one car!
I was sitting on the lap of an aunt who was pregnant. Mind you this was back in the days of no seat belts in the older model cars.
I didn’t want to smash the baby so I was sitting up straight as not to put much weight on her.
We stopped for gas and was given money for drinks inside the gas station store I couldn’t decide and ended up the last one in the store.
I came out and all the cars were driving away. I chased them but no one saw me.
My uncle’s car was last in line. I guess he happened to look out of his mirror and saw me crying and throwing my drink away.He stopped blew his horn. I ran and jumped in when he opened the door.
He was mad at my parents for forgetting me.
I was inconsolable so he let me cry myself to sleep in his back seat, which I had all to myself.
My uncle can be kind of annoying , so I’m guessing that’s why no one was using the space he had in his car.
They would rather pile everyone on top of each other, and he had a whole empty backseat. It was just him and his girlfriend.
they’d gone about 10 miles before they even noticed I was missing.
They pulled over frantically asking everyone was I in the car with them.
they tried to get me to come back to their car but I refused.
I was mad at them for a long time.
Sorry I went off track there.
If she was left with others and they left her in the cold, I think they should be brought up on charges.

Amy Marie

Posted at 7:37 PM on February 28, 2014

Did it never occur to you people that the mother may have worked 3rd shift (11 pm to 7 am)? Everyone on the internet thinks they know everything everyday. You don’t. Get over yourselves.

Lala Affëçtíõñ

Posted at 7:43 PM on February 28, 2014

they said my cousin was with her mama cousin and she drove off on her!

Chilli greenz

Posted at 1:05 PM on February 28, 2014

This story sound fishy something ain’t right about it. Rip to the six year old lil girl

Mya

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 28, 2014

I think this was intentional I’m sorry to say it but there’s no way you don’t know your child is not in the home to eat dinner, wash up, & get ready for bed or even be noisy she’s six years old they make noise & to forget that she’s not in the house bs charges against the parents should be filed under suspicious activity

Damn!

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 28, 2014

Yeah that did strike me as weird that she didn’t know her child wasn’t in bed at some point in the night.
I check on my kids several times a night. I’m also a light sleeper so any noises and I’m up.
If the child left on her own and was locked out she might’ve been afraid of getting into trouble and decided to just wait for someone to come out.
Being 6 she probably didn’t know how much danger she was in.
I hear when you get deathly cold you actually start to feel warm, so her sitting and waiting was just her waiting to be found and let in.
So sad.
The cops should still dig further though, because some parents have been punishing their kids in weird fashion these days.
One little girl died because her mom and grandmother made her exercise in the heat until she died.
Another child died because she was made to drink 70 ounces of soda in one go, because she took a soda without permission. Unbelievable!

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 12:13 PM on February 28, 2014

They need to look into the story more, I mean what parent doesn’t check on their sleeping kid?.Even if the little girl went outside for whatever reason to play in the snow or her pet wouldn’t most kids knock on the home door or bell?.Why didn’t the neighbors hear anything?.There seems to be alot of questions maybe they will let us know more.Poor kid just went to sleep cold and didn’t wake up the horror that she was home but no one to save her.

hailywhite16

Posted at 12:07 PM on February 28, 2014

That’s just very sad. Does anybody know what exactly happened to this little 6 year old girl?

Lala Affëçtíõñ

Posted at 7:42 PM on February 28, 2014

nobody knows what happened to my cousin but they said her cousin had her kids thats what her moms exboyfreind ig said