Boy’s Father Speaks Out — Family Is ‘Destroyed’ By Rat Bite Tragedy

Wed, February 26, 2014 3:34pm EDT by 7 Comments
Aidan Pankey Rat Bite Petco
Courtesy of Family

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 11:15 AM on February 27, 2014

That is not Petco’s fault that people are not using common sense when buying dangerous animals for pets.Children should not have rats as pets anyone knows they carry tons of diseases.Parents get kids alot of animals that carry serious bacteria and don’t care till the kid dies or gets strangled by the pet snake.Sorry for their loss but they must take responsibily for their actions.

Dixie

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 1, 2014

I agree. I’m very sorry for the loss of this dear little boy, but after all, he already HAD a female rat, once it started breeding, they would be overwhelmed with offspring, then what? I’ve even read that this rat they purchased may have picked up something from their home. I wouldn’t be surprised. This sounds like a very irresponsible family, to me. I read one comment of someone who purchased a pet rat, when they tried to pick it up, it bit their hand and wouldn’t let go!! That does NOT sound like a good “pet” for anyone of any age.

PS

Posted at 1:49 PM on March 2, 2014

You people are fools! They didn’t pick the rat out of the gutter or some sewer system. Rats are clean animals and when bred and kept in captivity not dirtier than your average house cat or dog.

NikkiLee Bertonifor

Posted at 5:32 PM on February 26, 2014

I’ve made $80,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I do>>>> N­O­O­B­J­O­B­S­.­­ℭ­­Oℳ
I

Kiki

Posted at 4:55 PM on February 26, 2014

It’s horrible what happened to that little boy. But usually when you get a new pet the first thing you do is going to the vet… You never know.

Emmieri@yahoo.com

Posted at 4:09 PM on February 26, 2014

Sorry to hear about his death but rats as a pet should be a no no . Rats back in the day were the cause of many diseases . They took a chance having a rat as a pet they have to live with it . Pet smart should never sell rats as pets as people should not have them as pets.

PS

Posted at 1:54 PM on March 2, 2014

But it is not back in the day and they didn’t get the rat out of a sewage.