Boy’s Father Speaks Out — Family Is ‘Destroyed’ By Rat Bite Tragedy

Wed, February 26, 2014 3:34pm EDT by 7 Comments
Aidan Pankey Rat Bite Petco
Courtesy of Family

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 11:15 AM on February 27, 2014  

That is not Petco’s fault that people are not using common sense when buying dangerous animals for pets.Children should not have rats as pets anyone knows they carry tons of diseases.Parents get kids alot of animals that carry serious bacteria and don’t care till the kid dies or gets strangled by the pet snake.Sorry for their loss but they must take responsibily for their actions.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Dixie

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 1, 2014  

I agree. I’m very sorry for the loss of this dear little boy, but after all, he already HAD a female rat, once it started breeding, they would be overwhelmed with offspring, then what? I’ve even read that this rat they purchased may have picked up something from their home. I wouldn’t be surprised. This sounds like a very irresponsible family, to me. I read one comment of someone who purchased a pet rat, when they tried to pick it up, it bit their hand and wouldn’t let go!! That does NOT sound like a good “pet” for anyone of any age.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

PS

Posted at 1:49 PM on March 2, 2014  

You people are fools! They didn’t pick the rat out of the gutter or some sewer system. Rats are clean animals and when bred and kept in captivity not dirtier than your average house cat or dog.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

NikkiLee Bertonifor

Posted at 5:32 PM on February 26, 2014  

I’ve made $80,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I do>>>> N­O­O­B­J­O­B­S­.­­ℭ­­Oℳ
I

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Kiki

Posted at 4:55 PM on February 26, 2014  

It’s horrible what happened to that little boy. But usually when you get a new pet the first thing you do is going to the vet… You never know.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Emmieri@yahoo.com

Posted at 4:09 PM on February 26, 2014  

Sorry to hear about his death but rats as a pet should be a no no . Rats back in the day were the cause of many diseases . They took a chance having a rat as a pet they have to live with it . Pet smart should never sell rats as pets as people should not have them as pets.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

PS

Posted at 1:54 PM on March 2, 2014  

But it is not back in the day and they didn’t get the rat out of a sewage.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,274 other followers