Paula Patton & Robin Thicke Separate After 9 Years Of Marriage

Mon, February 24, 2014 4:40pm EDT by 16 Comments

Paula Patton and Robin Thicke have separated. After a 22-year relationship, the parents of one made a statement on Feb. 24.

Paula Patton and Robin Thicke began dating when he was only 14, but that has all come to a sad end. In a mutual statement, the high school sweethearts revealed they are still best friends but are no longer a couple.

Paula Patton & Robin Thicke Break Up

“We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time,” Paula, 38, and Robin, 36, said in a mutual statement to People.

In 2005, Paula and Robin tied the knot and the couple’s son, Julian Fuego Thicke, was born in April 2010. The last time the couple was sighted together in public was on Jan. 27 at the Grammy Awards.

Robin Thicke & Paula Patton Split

Over the past year, there have been many rumors that they was trouble in the marriage. After the release of Robin’s “Blurred Lines” music video that was filled with nude women, people began to speculate that his wife could not be happy. This was followed by his racy performance at the MTV VMAs during which Miley Cyrus twerked and then grounded her butt against his crotch. Later that night, he was photographed grabbing another woman’s butt at an after-party.

Robin & Paula Denied Marriage Troubles

Never the less, the pair denied that there were problems in paradise and laughed off the butt-grab photo. Robin even later commented on the picture, telling Star magazine, “My only comment about the so-called scandalous photo. Would be that my wife are I are perfectly in love and very happily married. So, no complaints there.”

Additionally, Paula opened up to the YourTango website in September 2013, saying that she was crazy about her husband.

“He loves me so much and the feeling is mutual,” she said. “The best is when you love someone deeply and those feelings are equally returned. Also, Robin is really there for me. When times are good or bad or sad or happy or boring, just having somebody by your side to help you through means everything. I know I can count on him standing right next to me always.”

Most recently, Robin was out in Paris in January 18 and in pics looked very close to kissing another woman.

Are you surprised they split, HollywoodLifers?

– Emily Longeretta

More Paula & Robin News:

1. ‘Blurred Lines’ Emily Ratajkowski’s Thoughts On Robin Thicke’s Marriage
  2. Paula Patton & Robin Thicke Take Son Julian To Park For Fun Playdate
  3. Robin Thicke Speaks Out For The First Time About His Butt Grab Photo

osan

Posted at 10:34 AM on February 27, 2014

he has participated so many orgies and sex parties thats tha real reason

zyggie

Posted at 4:06 PM on February 25, 2014

He’s been loose, it’s just coming to the forefront more. They both are loose….bet.

Alybish

Posted at 9:19 AM on February 25, 2014

thanks Miley!!

ugh

Posted at 7:59 AM on February 25, 2014

“…..grounded her butt…..” – Oh please HL, try to use proper grammar?

Andy Martei

Posted at 6:35 AM on February 25, 2014

what the hell….sad but why is everyone blaming robin? …no one knows whats really going on inside..smh..if he was 100% at fault it wouldnt have been a split like this…

gail

Posted at 6:19 AM on February 25, 2014

I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO ROBIN MUSIC AGAIN
I BET HE WAS WITH OTHER WOMEN. JUST LIKE MEN. PAULA I WISH YOU THE BEST CAUSE U. SOMEONE WILL WANT YOU .U ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. ROBIN YOU CAN NOT SING ANYWAY. HAHAHA.

rose brace

Posted at 5:46 AM on February 25, 2014

I am surprised at Robin thicker and Paula Patton have decided to call time on their marriage after they have been together for so many years I know the decision was mutel on both sides I hope they still remain friends after the divorce comes in.

NikkiLeeBertonifor (@NikkiLeeBertoni)

Posted at 11:16 PM on February 24, 2014

I quit working at shoprite and now I make $35h – $80h…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do
>>> PORT45.BLOGSPOT.COM

proeraogswanks

Posted at 9:20 PM on February 24, 2014

Reblogged this on JoeyBadcColeworldProera.

bjsmith

Posted at 5:22 PM on February 24, 2014

Another marriage falls apart. I have always wondered how much more of Robins crazinest Paula would put up with. The way Robin performs on stage and off stage with other woman had to be an embarressment for her. Two bad their baby will be hurt also.

Theresa

Posted at 5:18 PM on February 24, 2014

Not surprised. Stardom has grabbed hold of Robins little forehead (—- Which drives me crazy in a bad way) What wife wants to see her husband grinding, grabbing, kissing, nasty. She is beautiful, and will have no problem finding a great Father like figure to be their sons daddy. Run Paula! Bring your son up in a traditional home. Don’t let him turn out like Robin Miley Bieber, Kardashians.

Diava Hinds

Posted at 5:13 PM on February 24, 2014

how sad but i blame miley she twerking on robin at mtv was 2 far, but his wife had 2 be vex wid him n what he did at the after party. she come saying she crazy for her huusband but the inside she hurt that why she and he done

ugh

Posted at 8:01 AM on February 25, 2014

What????? First – you make absolutely no sense. Second – you are blaming Miley Cyrus? Wow – way to throw someone under the bus. How about this? HE made those choices – HE didn’t have to perform – HE probably screwed up his marriage. How dare you trash another woman and blame her for the faults of a man.

Susy

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 24, 2014

How sad :( After she defended his ways….

ohgod

Posted at 4:01 PM on February 24, 2014

Let the obligatory Miley blaming begin in 3, 2, 1…

LIli

Posted at 5:05 PM on February 24, 2014

Nah. Robin did not know how to manage success. He is the only at fault here