‘Downton Abbey': Mary Should Pick Lord Gillingham Over Charles Blake

Mon, February 24, 2014 2:05pm EST by 7 Comments
Downton Abbey Lady Mary
Courtesy of BBC

Mr. boots

Posted at 10:25 PM on January 5, 2015

OK. What this said about Mathew and Mary and “look how that turned out”… How does that make any sense? If this is trying to argue that Matthew wasn’t a good match for Mary and thus somebody else like him would not be great either, then the fact that Matthew died in a stupid and accidental car crash that was totally unrelated to his marriage with Mary really doesn’t help that case. Find some real evidence. Personally, I think they had a great relationship. This needs some better arguments.

lambchowder1@gmail.com

Posted at 10:48 AM on October 14, 2014

Boy were you wrong about this one, he turns out to be a batterer

Lord Lyon

Posted at 2:10 PM on August 8, 2014

Eureka! Bravo, well said.

KT

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 25, 2014

First: Blake “rolled around in mud” to SAVE the pigs. If he (and Mary) hadn’t done that the pigs would have died.

Second: What’s wrong with Blake wanting Mary to see him for who he was on the inside rather than look at his money and go “jackpot!”.

Third: Lord Gillingham revealing Charles’ secret was not cool by any means. It wasn’t his secret to tell. It was said he wanted an even playing field but, quite frankly, I could see it as him trying to use it as an advantage. Make Mary believe Blake was lying to her when that’s just pure nonsense.

Though I do like the idea of Mary going with Lord Gillingham then cheating on him in the end. Very scandalous.

Kara

Posted at 7:15 PM on April 18, 2014

Lord Gillingham knew his chances would be greatly affected by Mary knowing Blake had money. I am surprised anyone would jump to the “lying” conclusion. If anyone’s playing a game it is Blake, “I wanted to see if I could win you on my own.” However, I am not surprised at your conclusion. Coming from someone who is okay with infidelity.

ashleykitchineraydashleykitchinerayd

Posted at 3:00 PM on February 24, 2014

I’m making 87 USD an hour working at my floor. I was amazed when my neighbour told me she was averaging $90 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I’m my own boss. This is what I do>>>> NOOBJOBS.COM

Kattie

Posted at 2:30 PM on February 24, 2014

Blake all the way. She needs an intellligent man not a puppy