‘Twisted’ Preview: Will Danny & Lacey Get Romantic At Homecoming?

Thu, February 20, 2014 3:50pm EDT by 24 Comments
Twisted Danny Lacey Homecoming
Courtesy of ABC Family

Danny’s got a lot on his mind lately — that time he pushed his father off a cliff, for example — and there’s only one thing left for him to do: dance off the drama!

If there’s one thing my teenage years taught me, it’s that nothing is more Twisted than a high school dance. In this preview of the show’s Feb. 25 episode, obtained exclusively by HollywoodLife.com, the cast of the ABC Family drama previews the homecoming disasters to come — and there will be many.

‘Twisted’ Homecoming Preview: Emotions Run High For Danny & The Gang

For starters, Sketchy Charlie — that is his full name, right? — gets Danny’s (Avan Jogia) permission to ask Lacey (Kylie Bunbury) to the dance, though his dream night quickly turns south… and towards Jo (Maddie Hasson)! Does this mean Danny and Lacey will be free to have a private dance of their own?

And then there’s Rico (Ashton Moio), who we all know is destined to remain adorable and alone, so what’s the point in even discussing it?

HollywoodLifers, watch our exclusive preview of next week’s Twisted, then drop a comment with your thoughts on all the insanity:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

More ‘Twisted’ on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Hottest TV Guys Of 2013: Kit Harington, Avan Jogia & More
  2. ‘Twisted’ Winter Premiere Date Announced — Plus 3 More Series
  3. Avan Jogia: ‘Twisted’ Summer Finale Brings Danny Back To ‘Ground Zero’

jackie

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 14, 2014

Ugghhh! THE WRITERS MESSED UP EVERYTHING! I Stopped watching Twisted. I will only start when they bring back Dacey.

Extraordinary Girl

Posted at 4:05 AM on August 5, 2014

If season 2 is going to be casted they should bring Lacey and Danny back together. Jo is not suitable for Danny, she is better at being his friend or sister. We do not want to see Jo Jo all the time. The show is suppose to be about all 3, but like most fans said we hardly get to see Lacey and Danny and Jo just wont work… I am such a huge fan of Twisted, but if they keep on making it all about Jo I will stop watching it. It just wont be worth my time.. We do not really get to see Lacey’s family and her problems. She is one of the best on the show, but all we get to see is boring old Jo…

sharmin

Posted at 2:50 AM on February 27, 2014

If Twisted will be cancelled , it will be writer’s fault. Fans want to see Danny, not #poorJo and also whether Danny is a socio angle has also gone, not to mention this stupid triangle. I’m still trying to convince some fans in twitter to tune in but they are all annoyed over this Jo. Stop wasting screen time on Jo, please writers. Where is Adam? Chuck Pratt is a curse, he will try to cancel Twisted now.

Thanuja

Posted at 10:47 PM on February 23, 2014

Haha this is stupid. Earlier this season Danny got together with Lacey while he was keeping the secret that he didn’t really kill his aunt, and his dad did it. Now he’s saying he can’t be with her bcz he’s hiding something from her. Stupid stupid writers, trying desperately to get Danny and Jo together.

NYC MUM

Posted at 10:22 PM on February 23, 2014

Let me bottom line it:
Much less of pursed lip Jo and the mastersons and more of Lacey and Danny and Lacey’s world. Charlie can pine away over Lacey too – were okay with that.

You have 2 episodes more or you’re losing my ratings….

The end.

yo

Posted at 7:02 PM on February 22, 2014

I really want to see Danny and Jo, I mean the first half of the season was nothing but dacey and is an abc family show so is normal they want to show janny now, it doesn’t matter if they have less fans. And even if janny happen or not who cares, Jo and Lacey are two beautiful and independent women who need no Danny Desai.

Tithi

Posted at 8:13 PM on February 22, 2014

First half of the season was not Dacey, it’s all about #PoorJo and her feelings. I don’t like Jo and it’s a suffering to see Jo but I can’t stand Dacey also. All I want Charlie/Lacey.

KC

Posted at 3:30 AM on February 23, 2014

Um, no the first half was not all Dacey; it had barely gotten started when they broke up. The majority of the first half was developing Danny and Jo’s friendship and nothing else but #poorjo. We need less Jo, not more.

Leana

Posted at 9:04 AM on February 22, 2014

This is just ridiculous! After Lacey dropped all her friends, broke up w/her boyfriend, ruined her social life, and helped clear Danny’s name all for Danny (don’t forget he pursued her), how is it possible he would push her away for Jo?? None of them are in character anymore and the plot is not flowing in a way that makes sense. The old Danny would NEVER have been ok with another guy asking Lacey out – he pretty much stole her from Archie. What did he fall out of love in 3 days?? I’m done with this show.

L

Posted at 2:08 AM on February 22, 2014

Even from this site, you can see that most of the fans are Dacey fans. Sigh if writers will understand this…They are just forcing me to stop watching.

beyonce

Posted at 11:12 AM on February 21, 2014

I have to say I really didn’t think danny would start to get feelings for jo so early on in the series. I feel like the show is moving to fast. I’m a dacey fan but lacey is my favorite character and I feel like ever since the sex tape came out the writers haven’t been really fair to her. I guess her storyline could be coming up soon but right now you barely see her doing anything but being a prop for dacey. In the shows timetable the sex tape just happened. Where is her friends and family we barely got to see her deal with her parents after they were introduced last season with their issues. Her friends are nowhere to be found. But jo and Rico still meet at the diner and the mastersons basically are in every single scene, whether it be tess or kyle or jo it’s shoved in my face.

Kiah

Posted at 9:15 AM on February 21, 2014

I still don’t understand it in the least. Dacey was trending on Twitter last season, and no matter how many HashTag PoorJo’s you guys put all through the show, it didn’t trend once. Then Dacey made the BuzzFeed hot hookups of 2013 list, and you still are trying to push Janny? Lol, this show is going to flop so hard if they keep going this rout. I get wanting to satisfy the Janners but I hope they know, there really isn’t that big of a fanbase for Janny. And the fact that they are now making Danny out to be a complete douche, is making him just as unlikeable as Jo. Because any guy that dates a girl, and then contemplates dating one of her best friends is a complete douche, and right now the only character I’m looking forward to watching Twisted for is Lacey.

Avanfan

Posted at 8:58 AM on February 21, 2014

I really liked last episode of Twisted but it’s going downhill with this triangle crap. If writers think that they can pull of Delena/Stelena in Twisted, then they should know they are wrong because Janny don’t have that many fans. Fans want to see more Avan and three friends together, not Jo and this Janny romantic angle will destroy Danny’s character. Kylie/Avan have amazing chemistry but Maddie/Avan don’t have that chemistry…

Tanya

Posted at 8:47 AM on February 21, 2014

Twisted fandom hate Jo but writers are making it all about Jo. Do they want this show get cancelled? want to see Avan, not Jo’s struggle. 1A was better and that socio angle of Danny has gone now which is the major plot for me . Oh if Jo/Danny have any chemistry, I would like them , Danny called her his sister like 5 episodes before. Pukes…. Like can this new writer just stop and Adam Milch and Andy Reaser can write the show. Twisted 1B is going to be a disaster and get cancelled like Ravenswood. Don’t underestimate the shippers also. Because of Haleb shippers of PLL, they didn’t give a chance to RW. Stop messing with Dacey shippers Twisted writers, they are majority. I don’t ship Dacey but i know lots of Dacey fans are furious over this.

Amy

Posted at 8:10 AM on February 21, 2014

It seems to me that these writers are not professional at all and they don’t even know what they are doing with their show. For how much longer are they going to insult viewers’ intelligence? They’re not writing a show for kids, they can’t just throw inconsistent ideas where there has to be a logical succession of events.
People don’t like Jo. There’s no point in making everyone else dislikable so she will appear okay in comparison. The only thing they’re going to get is a cancellation because nobody wants to watch a show with a bunch of crappy characters and only one good character (Lacey) who is almost always absent.
Also, why put Danny with Lacey only to have him pine for Jo after? It’s disgusting, like do they have some self-respect? Do they even know what that means?
I don’t know how these people (the writers) think, but a TV show is not something you watch out of obligation. You watch it because you want to, because you like it and if they are going for a Janny thing, well they can kiss goodbye to most of their viewers.
Well done Twisted writers, well done, the fandom asked you to show less Jo and more Lacey and to stop with this triangle BS but I guess there’s none so deaf as those who will not hear.

Lois

Posted at 6:18 AM on February 21, 2014

Great, I just officially hate Danny now. They managed to turn him into a douche. I hate this show and I hate the writers for ruining it. I hope this gets cancelled.

Shay

Posted at 1:31 AM on February 21, 2014

I don’t think the writers are stupid enough to destroy Danny and Lacey. I think they’re just trying to take us all for an emontional ride. They are all well aware of the “Janny v.s. Dacey” war, and are totally going to play on that during this episode. At the end of the day, we all know who Danny wants deep down inside. His mind is just currently all over the place and he obvioulsy doesn’t have anything together. At all. He wants to be what Lacey wants and needs, but he won’t be able to unless he tells her the secret.

Gabriel

Posted at 4:59 PM on February 21, 2014

Who says he’s not over Lacey and has a thing for Jo? The video won’t load for me on here but I don’t see anything romantic happening between them I just feel like Danny is suspicious of Charlie and doesn’t trust him getting close to either of them because he has some shady plans.

Jess

Posted at 12:36 AM on February 21, 2014

I like Lacey and Danny together. The switch in feelings would make the show lose its unique dynanic of Danny’s two entirely different relationships with Lacey and Jo. The writers know that they would be making a mistake if they go that route. The Dacey relationship is the most popular of the show.Their on screen chemistry is one of the best parts of the show.

Jeannie

Posted at 9:19 AM on February 22, 2014

This is exactly one of the main reasons I like this show. It reminds me of my own highschool best friend and boyfriend relationships. I loved my best friend (a guy) and my boyfriend pretty equally, but I loved my boyfriend romantically and never ever developed romantic feelings for my best friend. This was a really unique factor of this show and and having Danny jump ship after chasing Lacey so hard makes him look like a fickle jerk who doesn’t deserve either girl.

DoubtingDawn

Posted at 10:09 PM on February 20, 2014

Seriously! By this sneak peek, if Danny goes for Jo it is as if he is saying he’s not good enough for Lacey now so he’ll take sloppy seconds with Jo because she knows his secret. Come on. Let Dacey have their romance. Jo be the bestie to both Lacey and Danny. And let everyone else cause trouble for the trio not let the trio have conflict amongst themselves. It is getting old. I thought this show had potential but having a Jo/Danny/Lacey triangle is ruining the uniqueness and making it the same old same old teen show.

Laura

Posted at 9:33 PM on February 20, 2014

Can writers start to call this show Jo’s Creek? I’m sick of Jo. If writers have any idea they will know that Jo/Danny have less chemistry, even less than Dawson/Joey. I want to see Danny/Lacey and that’s it.

Jenn (@LoveYelledNO)

Posted at 6:15 PM on February 20, 2014

I’m only interested in a romance between Danny and Lacey. Period.

malica

Posted at 7:20 PM on March 7, 2014

its better if there is a janny .I think danny should go out with jo .