Lorde Transforms Into A Modern-Day Princess For ‘Vogue’ Shoot

Thu, February 20, 2014 2:20pm EDT by 12 Comments
Lorde Vogue
Courtesy Of VOGUE/Tom Munro

The ‘Royals’ teen ditched her edgy style for a pretty, pastel dress and a crown of flowers — and she looks effortlessly gorgeous! Do you love her look?

Lorde,17, traded in her signature attire for a pretty pop of color as she rocks a beautiful pastel dress in Vogue. With her gorgeous black curls in tow, the young starlet looks ready for spring — and truly more ‘Royal’ than we could’ve ever imagined!

Lorde’s ‘Vogue’ Shoot:

At just 17 finding yourself on the top of the charts is an amazing accomplishment — and so is a shoot in the high-fashion magazine! We love how she showed off a whimsical look for the spring feature, donning a floral crown. Inside, the songstress opened up about her sense of style. “The kind of clothes that I’ve found I like to wear over the past year and six month have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong,” she said. “I wear a lot of pants I wear a lot of long structure dresses.”

While her style may be evolving, we are glad to see that her signature curls and bold eyebrows are still a staple for the singer. Her makeup for this look was kept simple as she rocked a pink lip, smoky eye and a hint of pink blush — it was perfect for the teen!

VIDEO TITLE HERE

Lorde also opened up about her style icons, sighting, “People like Grace Jones and David Bowie, who have a sense of themselves.”

As for being a role model, the star says she is conscious of her fans. “There’s a fine line between role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age. But, that being said, I’m conscious of the fact that people my age are reading what I say and listening to what I say, and that’s cool-particularly for the girls who are into what I do,” she said.

For more on Lorde, be sure to scoop up the March 2014 issue of Vogue!

– Caitlin Beck

More Lorde News:

1. CLorde: Gorgeous Curls & Dark Lips On ‘Rolling Stone’ Cover
  2. Lorde Without Makeup — Posts Late Night Pic With Acne Cream
  3. Lorde In ‘The Wild Magazine’ — Love Or Loathe Her Beauty Look?

Raudah Al-jannah

Posted at 12:08 PM on February 28, 2014

she mock selena as if she is better person than selena…
where as she is not anyone who can be as great and amazing as selena…
she is actually a sick of girl… how ugly she is if we compare her with the sweetie and cutie princess Selena Marie Gomez…
:p

Cali

Posted at 10:29 AM on February 25, 2014

Stick with the pastels you look lovely and graceful….

youtube.com

Posted at 6:32 PM on February 22, 2014

I have been surfing on-line greater than 3 hours nowadays, but I
by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It’s lovely worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers
made good content as you probably did, the net will
likely be much more useful than ever before.

Posted at 5:46 PM on February 22, 2014

My brother recommended I might like this web site.
He was totally right. This submit truly made my
day. You cann’t consider simply how much time I had spent
for this information! Thank you!

stop

Posted at 11:37 PM on February 21, 2014

She does not deserve the fame or grammy. She is manufactured and fake. Give a Vogue spot to an actual singer or a person that can actually play an instrument! Give it to anyone but her.

Julie

Posted at 9:43 AM on February 22, 2014

Anything! His grammy she deserved and her success, she has talent, she sings well, her songs have meaning, Lorde stands out by his world and you will change nothing! If you do not like what you doing here? Tired of completely silly raging who believe in the rumors about her.

Susy

Posted at 7:44 PM on February 21, 2014

I love her voice but I can’t get over the way she looks. Has it been proven that she’s not 17 but maybe 27? Every time I see her she always looks like she’s in her late twenties.

austin

Posted at 1:07 AM on February 21, 2014

Lorde… She’s so hot right now.

P.S. I hate how people keep putting her down because she isn’t pretty in a conventional sense. Who cares, that’s so shallow. Her only problem is she’s too good for her age right now and I’m worried Hollywood’s going to poison her before she ever reaches her prime. F*!# the jealous haters Ella, I’m in your team.

Lol

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 20, 2014

She looks old for 17. Has big head compared to her body. She is elfish. Do most kiwis look like her? She is talented, though. Let’s leave it at that..

Try being nice

Posted at 2:03 AM on February 22, 2014

I’m a Kiwi I don’t look like Lorde we all look different like the rest of the world.You need to get out into the world a bit maybe.”She has a big head compared to her body” do you even hear yourself. She just looks like a normal girl the way people talk you would think she had two heads. I Don’t get the hate.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 3:52 PM on February 20, 2014

YOU KNOW IF YOU TAKE AWAY ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES WHAT DO YOU HAVE? JUST ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDIANE