‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5 Scoop: See Which Suitor Mary Chooses — Pic

Thu, February 20, 2014 1:17pm EDT by 9 Comments
Downton Abbey Season 5
Courtesy of ITV

Vivian James

Posted at 5:29 PM on June 4, 2014

I can’t stand Tony. His entire entrancement with Mary was just so unrealistic and, frankly, like a teenager with his first crush. Charles is a much better fit for Mary, but I think Julian is running out of good dialogue and impressive character development.

Peter K Burian

Posted at 3:21 PM on May 26, 2014

Many other Web sites indicate that Lady Rose will be leaving after Season 5. (The 18 year old niece who is staying with the family) but that no other cast member will be leaving.

gloria shaw

Posted at 8:59 PM on May 22, 2014

Tony Gillingham is definitely the right man for Mary

Sue Hutson

Posted at 2:12 PM on March 17, 2014

I don’t like either of them, they seem boring, I hope someone new comes into the picture. It would be odd for her to end up with the first man she talks to after Matthew’s death,

Vida Masino Mitchell

Posted at 2:13 PM on February 24, 2014

I would be so thrilled if Lady Mary chooses Lord Gillinham! He is more like Matthew than Charles Blake. He has told her how much he loves her on many occasions. Blake has not said he loves her yet. I just love Lord Gillinham! Please chose him Lady Mary!!!

Amy Lee

Posted at 10:50 PM on February 23, 2014

Charles brings the edge out in Mary. He was caring to George, and what a great team they were with the pigs. Tony is not the right guy.

Anon

Posted at 5:02 AM on April 14, 2014

I completely agree with you. I think Charles Blake is the right guy so much better than Tony

Tom

Posted at 2:05 PM on February 21, 2014

I think she should have chosen Evelind Napier. He seems reserved, but so was Mathew. They are both more the, still waters run deep, sort. I think it would have been a good twist if neither Charles or Tony ended up with her.

Jay

Posted at 8:02 PM on February 21, 2014

I’ve liked Evelind from the first time he appeared in season 1, but now that I have seen more of Tony, I believe he is better suited to deal with Mary. They are both strong characters.