‘American Idol’ Recap: JLo Channels Paula Abdul In ‘Rush Week’ Results

Thu, February 20, 2014 9:39pm EDT by 7 Comments
American Idol Rush Week
Courtesy of FOX

donkowalewski

Posted at 3:53 PM on February 21, 2014

The fact CJ Harris is there allows me to forgive MK being there. RECAP: http://ow.ly/tSdwO #AmericanIdol

shakina

Posted at 10:07 AM on February 21, 2014

I was really shocked that Bria did not make it, CJ and Kristen were the judges listening (NO!) but at the end of the day it was their picks, but America will be vendicated because we get to vote, the show is not going to be as spectacular as I thought it would be because so many good people that would have had America intrigued from home were sent home. This is weird how do the judges pick 5 people to sing and then pick 2 to go through that did not sing well at all, lol the show will soon flop if mistakes like last night continue to be made.. I wonder what would have if America went on strike and decided not to vote this season, hmmmm what would happen….

kayell

Posted at 7:08 AM on February 21, 2014

My top 5 in order is CJ Harris, Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Majesty Rose, and Dexter Roberts, so I’m happy. Kenzie was really growing on me, sucks she didnt even get a chance to perform, same goes for Briston. And how about Marrialle not making it through!? She was the worst singer, but the show and tour needs a personality like hers, oh well, one less inconsistent singer hogging up air time.

A

Posted at 3:56 AM on February 21, 2014

I’m still mad that Kenzie, Austin, and Briston didn’t make it. They were my favourites!!!!!!! I really don’t like Jessica Meuse, there’s just something about her. I’m glad that the judges saved C.J., he is just so soulful when he sings and his raw emotion makes you feel what he is singing. Right now out of the remaining contestants my favourite girl is Majesty Rose and my favourite boy is Sam Woolfe. Hope they make it far!!

Ellen

Posted at 12:00 AM on February 21, 2014

Specialness is Jlo’s specialty which dictates quite a few of her comments; also she singles out favorites and too often. How does that make the others feel???

Bad choices

Posted at 11:38 PM on February 20, 2014

I am totally pissed about this year. The fact that Kenzie didn’t even make the top 10 to sing on Tuesday was unbelievable. She was so much better then at least 5 of the girls who made it through. Then they didn’t put Neco Starr through (what was America thinking there?) then they did let that miserable bitch Jesse through – did everyone forget that she talked someone into quitting the show so that she could go find another group and play the victim for sympathy from the judges? And she forgot all the words in group round. I didn’t love simon when he was on the show but he would have never allowed her to make it past group round for forgetting the words. There are no excuses for terrible performances. And she isn’t even that good! There were singers who didn’t even make the top 15 that were leaps and bounds better then her. And then tonight for spencer to not make it through over that Kristen girl? She was off key and horrible for her whole song! I know spencer did an original song that they didn’t like but he sang well, on pitch and while it was a slower song it was sung beautifully. I think they made a lot of mistakes as to who went through this season. I can honestly say that from all the amazing talent they had to choose from this top 13 is very disappointing to me. I love majesty and Jena so I guess that’s all that I get to root for this season. I hope Kenzie and spencer come back next year because they deserve to get into the top 10 for sure.

Mister Baja

Posted at 10:11 PM on February 20, 2014

there are special homes for the elderly for these people?