‘Pretty Little Liars': Do You Feel Cheated By The Latest Ezra ‘Reveal’?

Wed, February 19, 2014 11:14am EDT by 47 Comments
Pretty Little Liars Ezra Not A
Courtesy of ABC Family

V

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 7, 2014

i think a lot of you need to calm down. a lot is about happen. marlene did say that this was the season of answers, and from what i’ve read… it’s pretty shocking. i don’t know if i like it though.

ajamik

Posted at 10:57 AM on March 3, 2014

Im so lost!! im a true fan and follower since episode 1 but what they are doing is just ridiculous. Mona is A,not…Toby is A, not….Ezra is A,not! I don’t get it they’ve dragged a show for 4 seasons with big finales at the end of each but in reality every reveal they’ve made is not even real! At this point when they do reveal the truth I probably wont even believe them!!!!!!

Shannon Lee Gia

Posted at 9:25 PM on February 23, 2014

100% agree with your article. I don’t think it’s fair that the creators constantly lie to us. I wanted him to be A, or at least part of the A team. You don’t need a crazy setup with multiple computers and cameras to write a book. All I know is, Aria better not get back together with him.

Georgia

Posted at 9:11 AM on February 23, 2014

I am relieved because I love Ezra and there was always a slight part of me that still believed he wasn’t “A” but he really isn’t much better. He’s a creepy stocker who only talked to Aria for his book. But I believe him when he says he never knew he was going to fall in love with her and that all his feelings for her were true. But now WHO IS A?

salsa3344

Posted at 8:53 PM on February 22, 2014

Pennsylvania’s age of consent laws make allowances for adolescents who are under the age of consent, but close to the same age. Anyone between the ages of 13 and 16 can consent to have sex with anyone else who is no more than 4 years older. Ezra is more than 4 years older than Aria therefore Aria cannot legally consent to having sex with Ezra. That’s why it’s called statutory rape. How can you even think about shipping these two after watching Ezra be such a creeper! If you still ship Ezria then you ship statutory rape! They cannot possible be a coupe ever! Ezra not being A proves Marlene needs to grow a set and/or stop smoking Maya’s stash! She needs to take a lesson from the writers of American Horror Story and Revenge who keep us always on the edge of our seat. PLL has become one disappointment after another because saving the ship is more important than the original plot of the show…
Who is A?

IstopwatchingtheshowNOW

Posted at 1:45 AM on February 21, 2014

ya me too twice they do that plot twist thingy I dont believe in the truth of the show anymore. So I decided to stop watching and just read once its done on who A was but I somehow think after 8 seasons it will end and we will not know who A really was… Sorry but being lied too twice and mostly that all the stuff we saw in some eps just dont add up anymore…. sorry Marlene you messed up a good show. I am out; I almost want to start a petition to make people stop watching so you know that lying twice to your viewers is something not to do.

Linzbert

Posted at 4:57 PM on February 20, 2014

I think it could be Mike. He has a thing with Mona, he had a thing with Hanna, maybe he had a think with Ali too. And good call to the poster who said Spencer was probably involved during one of her previous crazy times.

Thaavy

Posted at 9:47 AM on February 20, 2014

I was depressed after the episode. If Ezra isnt’ A how did he have Alison’s journal and know about Toby’s helmet and tattoo? And what about the lair that the girls found in Ravenswood? Also, the creepy monitors and stuff in the cottage? If Ezra isnt’ A nothing makes sense anymore? Honestly, I love Ezria and if Ezra is A I dont think there’s any chance for Ezria but still I feel cheated. He’s somehow on the team or else last few episodes make no sense to me. Plus, Im starting to feel that Spencer had something to do with Ali’s disappearance. Remember when Mrs H said that she had the same problem two years ago and she had no idea where she was half the time? Maybe she helped Ali hide and doesn’t remember it now. This show is so twisted and complicated. But right now, I only feel cheated. Give us some answers. After 4 seasons. We deserve some.

Liz

Posted at 11:59 AM on February 20, 2014

I think you are on to something. I think Spencer has something to do with Ali’s disappearance too. It just seems like the whole Hastings family is hiding something or covering up for her. Melissa said once that she was trying to protect Spencer. Her dad is trying to cover up something that happened in Radley too. Maybe Spencer is A, her figure and Black Veil’s figure look quite similar. Ughh IDK, I need asnwers damnit!! LOL

manda

Posted at 7:12 PM on March 20, 2014

Spencer had nothing to with Ali’s disappearance. watch the new episode

Nathalie

Posted at 8:41 PM on February 21, 2014

I think Spencer has something to do with the night Alson disappeared, because Alison has always been scared of Spencer, and Spencer used to take them pills and Alison keeps telling Spencer that she already has all the pieces of the puzzle. But about Ezra, if i remember right, wasn’t there something about Alison been pregnant of “Bordshorts” what if it was Ezra and he wanted to keep the baby like he is reacting with Maggie and Alison didn’t want the child maybe then he threaten her and scared her off.
I don’t know anymore, this series make’s me feel lost.

George RL

Posted at 2:43 AM on February 20, 2014

There is a possible logical explanation for the question: How is Ezra not A but clearly still part of the A team. If we believe his alibi, then the logical explanation is as followed: Ezra initially dated Allison, whom was a severe liar, then died. Ezra became obsessed with her story and began researching into her story. Ezra did everything in his power to get information, thereby dating Aria. Later down the line, Aria confided in Ezra about a person who goes by the name “A.” Ezra found connections between “A” and Allison’s murder, and thus started researching on the “A” team. So, the logical explanation, according to his alibi, is Ezra joined the A team to learn more about Allison for his story, and to solve the mystery. I personally think he is an undercover agent and he clearly blew his cover.

kruzjs15

Posted at 8:24 PM on February 19, 2014

if Ezra isn’t ‘A’ then he is definitely on the ‘A’ team cuz then how would he know about the Toby thing in the woods…..knowing that spencer saw a helmet and tattoos??

Kellie (@kelliechio)

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 19, 2014

Dude, this show is like a bad boyfriend. First they lied to me about Toby and I hated them..then forgave them..then came crawling back. Then they tricked me again about Ezra after so many of them PROMISED he was A and this wasn’t another Toby situation. So they screwed me over again. I don’t think they have a clue what they (the writers) are doing and they just enjoy toying with fans and choosing ppl to be A who are the most loved characters just to get ppl watching and talking about the show. I don’t think this show is smart or well written at all. It is for middle schoolers starring 20-30 yr old. PUH-LEASE

♡dimple ♀ maria♡ (@dimplemaria)

Posted at 6:52 PM on February 19, 2014

same here! i feel like i’m being cheated :/ i hate it when the episode starts so exciting but end up frustrating! :/ uggghh!

Liz

Posted at 6:10 PM on February 19, 2014

I do feel lied to also. If he’s not A, why go so far as to build a lair and spy on the girls and invade their privacy? His excuse is that he’s writing a book, but why not just interview them like a normal writer? What is really more creepy is that Ezra knew Aria was under age when he met her. He’s a pedophile. I feel like i can’t trust this show anymore. We need answers! Just when I thought everything made sense, they twist everything around. I just don’t know anymore. I feel like they’ve lost me on this one, we will never see answers. I hate getting so excited for a new episode and not get any answers. This is so frustrating. I could’ve sworn Marlene said he was the villain, and then she says he isn’t.

jo

Posted at 6:00 PM on February 19, 2014

I agree! It’s getting tiring. I wanted him to just be A and get on with it. They made him so suspicious for nothing really. Like seriously writing a book? WTF COME ON NOW :P

megan

Posted at 3:48 PM on February 19, 2014

So basically we are back at square one. My guess the next A is going to be the principle of the high school or the Janitor…

I’m just getting tired of the back tracking. The show is losing the excitement it had in the first and second seasons. Now it’s just becoming annoying.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:26 PM on February 19, 2014

LOL @ the janitor being “A.”

Jordan Carol Hope Carpenter

Posted at 3:36 PM on February 19, 2014

im happy his not A

Mrs. Sordahl

Posted at 3:32 PM on February 19, 2014

I call bull****! I can’t believe they lied to us again and I fell for it! I really hope they’re still lying and he actually is A. I thought that was brilliant. His being a “true crime author” is weak.
I have more questions after last nights episode than I’ve had for the last 4 seasons….

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:26 PM on February 19, 2014

I honestly don’t know whether they’re lying or not. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE. lol

akjsdklajs

Posted at 2:50 PM on February 19, 2014

But why did he attack Spencer in Ravenswood the night they found Ali?

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:40 PM on February 19, 2014

Good question. Also, why does an author need multiple secret lairs? And why did he make Mona show up to the zoo? None of it makes any sense.

manda

Posted at 7:17 PM on March 20, 2014

i think if we read between the lines of the show u will actually see who A is but u all caugth up in the drama u dont even try to figure it out your self

annoyed

Posted at 1:50 PM on February 19, 2014

I’m seriously considering not watching anymore. I was shocked but excited when it was revealed that Ezra was A. There’s a lot of unanswered questions now if he’s not,like what was he doing in A’s lair and why was he so mad and being extra creepy. I think this plot twist was really stupid. I was relieved when toby wasn’t A cause he just seemed like a midunderstood guy but now this!! I’m done with it. Really stupid plot twist

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:40 PM on February 19, 2014

I loved the original twist that Ezra was “A.” And he even started acting really creepily afterwards. Now what? Is he going to go back to being genuine?

ajamik

Posted at 11:03 AM on March 3, 2014

I think Ezra being A was the best plot twist from the entire show! Everything would’ve made sense in one way or another with Ezra being A! From him being board shorts and knowing Ali from the bar to him writing Ella the letters about Byron’s affair with his typewriter.

Liz Montoya (@LNMG24)

Posted at 4:09 PM on February 19, 2014

they are really playing with the rating, but come’oooon they’re gonna to tired us!!!!

Hannah

Posted at 1:17 PM on February 19, 2014

It’s Aria. Aria is A.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:40 PM on February 19, 2014

At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Liz Montoya (@LNMG24)

Posted at 4:03 PM on February 19, 2014

how d you can say that??

Georgia

Posted at 9:15 AM on February 23, 2014

If Aria was A, why would she be bawling when she found out he might have been A? And why would she have put Bees in her moms car back in season 1? Also, she was always trying to protect her and Ezra’s relationship and A tried to ruin it multiple times

V1976

Posted at 1:16 PM on February 19, 2014

Although I was always sure Ezra was not ‘A’ and relieved the show confirmed it, I thought his character revealed might have been more heroic rather than him putting a ‘true crime’ sorry together. Like if he was really an FBI agent or something? I really want Ezra and Aria to end up together but how can that happen now w this betrayal? Truly, I feel cheated and with this path, I’ll likely stop watching the show sooner or later.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:41 PM on February 19, 2014

“I’ll likely stop watching the show sooner or later.”

I think a lot of people are saying that today.

jo

Posted at 6:03 PM on February 19, 2014

that would have been a great plot twist if ezra was an FBI agent like that. it was just sooo sad to see aria like that. but this plot twist they used was horrible. made no sense at all.

katy smith

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 19, 2014

Did nobody notice at the end that there was someone with the person picking up all the paper ?

Nashale

Posted at 9:13 AM on February 20, 2014

That was A, the real A. Remeber that sometimes when we were thinking Ezra was A, at the end of the show, a person with a hoodie and black gloves always did something. She/him is the one that has Allisson parrot, the one that sings, and he/she is NOT EZRA. The real A is the one that has the bird. I think that when Ezra started “writing the book” the real A contacted him, to work for him/her, and find out more about the girls and Ali. Its just so messed up, I think Mona knows, she used to be the real A contact. She is hiding lots of secrets.

Aly

Posted at 12:18 PM on February 19, 2014

I thought the Ezra twist was stupid. They said he wouldn’t end up being another Toby yet he was. I liked the idea of him being A plus he is really good at playing the insanely creppy sketchy guy. The real question is why does he keep getting with underage girls? Having him being creppy and moving there to spy on them for a book is just insane

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:23 PM on February 19, 2014

“They said he wouldn’t end up being another Toby yet he was.”

We’re being lied to… just like the characters!

Julie Robertson (@JulieRobe)

Posted at 11:34 AM on February 19, 2014

Preach it! This Ezra plot twist was stupid. This is just like when they said “A is not a team, it’s one person” then revealed Mona as A but then said “oh, no she’s just HELPING A, but A isn’t a team.”

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:36 PM on February 19, 2014

Right? Mona is “A.” No, she’s not. Toby is “A.” No he’s not. Ezra is “A.” No he’s not…

Liz Montoya (@LNMG24)

Posted at 4:02 PM on February 19, 2014

i knoooooow i feel exacly the same shiet!

Nashale

Posted at 9:16 AM on February 20, 2014

They are all A helpers. Toby helped Mona, and then Mona kinda “quit” and I think Ezra became A minion, so Ezra used Mona abilities and skills to do his mision. I think A is using Ezra to get to Ali, and he/her is paying him to be “A” minion, just like Mona used too.

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:16 AM on February 19, 2014

my brother’s anus is hurting……………

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:33 AM on February 19, 2014

Insightful commentary as always, Mister Baja.