‘Sister Wives’ Recap: Kody Brown Threatens To Throw Kids Out Of Family

Mon, February 17, 2014 12:38pm EDT by 19 Comments 30,286 Article Views
Sister Wives Season 4 Recap
Courtesy of TLC

Crimson

Posted at 12:13 PM on March 19, 2014

I wonder when the Sister Wives 15 minutes of fame will be over?
I didn’t watch them this year. Tired of the same petty issues every week!

Carol

Posted at 7:39 PM on March 3, 2014

I think Kody made that comment because he was frustrated with the kids. You could tell the kids were not into the “Commitement Ceremony” even before they showed them on the couch.. I too enjoyed the show much more when it first started. I remember one episode when Christine was getting the kids off to school and Janelle was getting ready for work. They just seemed more like a family. What kind of turned me off about the show was when Kody was courting Robin and he had a very pregnant wife at home. He even had to rush home for the birth of that child ! Just seems like he could have waited until the baby was born and settled in.

mommabee

Posted at 3:38 PM on March 2, 2014

I’ve only got three kids and I’ve thought and said quite a few things I regret. Does everyone have to pick everything apart? Did you forget your human too.

Lisa

Posted at 8:23 PM on April 4, 2014

The kids didn’t deserve that. It would affect a young child being told they would be kicked out of the family. I wouldn’t even think of saying such a thing to my children. But maybe you think differently than me.

andee

Posted at 1:31 AM on February 18, 2014

When Janelle brings up the idea of the possibility of a 5th wife, Robyn was obviously not happy about that. From another episode, where the “fortune teller” tells Kody the prospect of a 5th wife, there was Robyn shaking her head no. Apparently even one of the teens doesn’t revere Robyn. In the group on the couch, I think it was Maddie, she made the comment of how she likes to get at Robyn. And that beautiful devilish grin. I like that girl!!!!!

andee

Posted at 1:19 AM on February 18, 2014

What I found really interesting, is when the teens were talking. And Maddie says she likes giving Robyn a hard time. I like that girl!!!!!

Caroline

Posted at 9:45 PM on February 17, 2014

I completely disagree with this article. I’ve watched every single episode of “Sister Wives” since the very first premiere. In this episode, when Kody said that the kids would be “kicked out of the family,” that was obviously a joke. The wives were even laughing at him for saying it. I feel as if this article is twisting Kody’s words in an attempt to stir up judgment against the polygamist lifestyle. The Browns are a very loving family and will always support their children, even if their kids do not agree with the polygamist lifestyle. Kody, Robyn, Jenelle, Meri, and Christine have ALWAYS said that they will never force their children to follow their faith if they do not want to. This article is completely tacky and offensive. This writer is just taking what was said out of context. Shame on you, Hollywood Life.

louise

Posted at 9:01 PM on February 17, 2014

Actually, it is fun making those kids – then you have to deal with them.
IMHO, Kody is so transparent. This show has completely lost it.
The first couple seasons in Utah were interesting but the luster is long gone.

resharpen

Posted at 7:58 PM on February 17, 2014

HOW does he afford to support all of his wives and children?? Is he a millionaire??

Patty girl

Posted at 7:43 PM on February 17, 2014

Meri is vile and disgusting always thinking of herself. She is by far the ugliest looks like a dog

Deborah

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 17, 2014

I feel really sorry for you Bonnie. You must have a really low self esteem to be so critical and negative. You obviously don’t have any kids. The Browns are the most loving family. It is a shame that more people are not like them. I wonder how much better our world would be if we all had a mission statement? I am a middle school teacher and have great concerns for our future leaders. If more of my students parents loved and cared for their kids like the Browns do for theirs, my job and our future would be a lot brighter. As far as the statement about kicking the kids out…. anyone who has been a parent of teenagers has said things in the heat of the moment. I applaud the Browns for the nurturing family they are and for the courage to stand among idiots that want to pull things out of context. Go Browns!!!!

Derick

Posted at 7:10 PM on February 17, 2014

Worst parents ever. I can’t believe that stoopid freak show is still on.

Caroline

Posted at 9:49 PM on February 17, 2014

Your comment was as “stoopid” as spelling the word “stupid” like s-t-o-o-p-i-d. You should most likely focus your energy on educating yourself instead of throwing judgment at other people.

Derick

Posted at 10:39 PM on February 17, 2014

Caroline, Stoopid is a disambiguation of stupid. You should MOST CERTAINLY FOCUS YOUR S-T-O-O-P-I-D energy on educating yourself. You are just a little moron that can’t even comment on the issue,you can only read with a big red pen ready to correct anyone so you feel superior to them. What an little azz you are. HaHaHa!!!

Adel

Posted at 9:36 AM on February 18, 2014

Caroline, I agree with Derick, who are you to correct someone whom is right and you are wrong?

lisa

Posted at 9:55 AM on February 18, 2014

Go Caroline! Couldn’t have said it better myself. lol

Adel

Posted at 10:02 AM on February 18, 2014

Derick. ITA. They are s-t-o-o-p-i-d, and I like how you used that word!!! Both CaroWHINE and that weird family of Cody’s needs a lesson,because, OMG-Cody didn’t get it right from the start. Cody you have to honor one wife and a have just a couple of children, that is a family, Derick is right. Cody instead made his own “family” into a freak show so they would get picked up on some s-t-o-o-p-i-d T.V.show and make some easy money.Because Cody doesn’t want to get a real job to support the mess that their in now, idiots all off them, SAD!

lisa

Posted at 2:07 PM on February 17, 2014

OH PLEASE YOU FOOLS! LOL! That is his way of smacking his kids. Say what you want, but I HAVE NEER SEEN SO MUCH LOVE IN A FAMILY IN MY LIFE! They are “ALL” great parents. I’m not crazy about the things SOMETIMES, but he was heated, his kids got the message, and HE DOES NOT ABUSIVE THEM, SO SHUT THE HELL UP! You look for anything to diss this family. STOP! Prat for me Browns, I pray for you. Especially that beautiful little girl that just went through hell and looks GREAT NOW! Doing a great job. GREAT PRENTS!

EDITOR...

Posted at 6:42 PM on February 17, 2014

Lisa, You NEVER smack your kids, Cody is frustrated because he did it all wrong. Cody it’s 1 wife and a couple of kids, end of story.They are an embarrassment to themselves and to those poor children, please cancell that pitiful so called show.