‘Beauty & The Beast': Austin Basis Teases ‘Shakespearean’ VinCat Twist

Mon, February 17, 2014 12:27pm EDT by 22 Comments
Beauty & The Beast
Courtesy of The CW

anderson

Posted at 5:27 PM on June 6, 2014

I dnt like gabe cat tugether at all: u guys shuld pls return back tu d old story line cos dis whole season 2 is get a little confusin cnt tell wht its sayin, I even like d idea of gabe nd cat in d first place is kind gettin boarin it was vin nd cat dat got me in first place cos I’m not use tu watchin seasonal films if they’re not in anymore mean I’m off pls guy don’t mess it up.

Barbara ackerman

Posted at 6:04 PM on June 2, 2014

Vincent is the hottest thing on two legs love love love him

Maria

Posted at 12:02 PM on March 16, 2014

The show is really entertaining, and every one plays their part perfectly, however a tragedy would be a put off, as look forward for an action-romantic thriller with a witty script.

johanna

Posted at 8:25 AM on February 28, 2014

shakespeare? that sounds more of a tragedy… what does it aim for? romeo&juliet? othello? venus and adonis? the options are all bad… i want vincent & catherine :(

Dana

Posted at 4:33 PM on February 27, 2014

JT and Tess are a good fit

Dita

Posted at 1:39 AM on February 21, 2014

Show’s storyline has been disappointing me since season 2. I wish the writers did not change the core of this supposed to be epic love story. Vincent and Cat’s strong love, loyalty and devotion to one another were the things that drew me to this show in the first place. These two characters I thought were intelligent with fierce loyalty to one another. Now I could not recognize them. V’s change was understandable since he was brainwashed/ reprogrammed( wish this was explained how Muirfield did this). Cat who was supposed to be strong, gave up too soon and lost sight of the fact that Vincent is the victim here. Now the show is all over the place and too convoluted…the gem, Gabe, Rebecca Reynolds. If not for the strong chemistry between the two main actors, I wouldn’t be wasting my time on this show.

Barbara Costantini

Posted at 6:31 AM on February 19, 2014

#BATB questo show è bellissimo e la seconda stagione pur facendomi soffrire mette in evidenza la storia dei due trotagonisti sono curiosa di vedere l’evoluzione e spero ci sia la terza stagione.

Alicia

Posted at 12:21 AM on February 19, 2014

Where is my comment? Are we not allowed to speak what we feel?

Maggie McDuff

Posted at 11:05 PM on February 18, 2014

I am excited to see what Austin had to say about VinCat. I have loved the character developement this season and i belive Cat history will blow us away soon. I also love the fact that JT &Tess will be getting together, they are awsome together. I hate we have to wait two weeks and even worse a lot longer. Hulu, CW, amazon and netflix will keep my attention.

jes

Posted at 8:35 AM on February 28, 2014

I am sorry but character development? There has been virtually no JT or Tess other than to have Tess be Gabe’s cheerleader. Vincent has gone from sweet Vincent to not so sweet Vincent to back to being sweet Vincent so his character did a full circle and Cat went from strong, I want what I want, against all odds Cat to self serving, sacramonious, hippocritical, don’t know which way is up into Gabe’s arms. What everyone is asking for is where is Cat from season 1. So I guess I don’t really see the character development this season. The only person who has really shone is Gabe which is a little off. The whole development of Gabe was to convince everyone he should be the best choice for Cat in the love triangles that had to be a part of epic love this season. Shaking my head and wondering where the show we fought for in season 1 went.

sophigom

Posted at 11:41 AM on February 18, 2014

my co-worker’s sister-in-law got paid $12019 the prior week. she gets paid on the laptop and bought a $391300 house. All she did was get fortunate and put to work the steps uncovered on this web site ————– zunojob.com

m.

Posted at 8:48 AM on February 18, 2014

“It’s important to maintain the singular voice of the series.”

What singular voice??? This show has been all over the place this season. They don’t have to give us what we want, just consistency. So far they haven’t done that. Charactors are so different from season1- doing things that don’t make any sense. BK even said he wanted to revamp the show. So the show we all go hooked on in the first season isn’t the same. I am watching two completly different shows.

“As you know, Kat has been heavily investigating her ancestor Rebecca Reynolds to find out how she’s connected to the whole human-beast situation”

When? In one or two episodes? Its been almost absent the last few. What happend to that storyline? Why not focus on that and less on Cat and Gabe’s annoying relationship – not interesting at all? What happened to the mythology. They introduced it then dropped it.

Sorry for the little rant :/

Support #BatB (@EnglishBeastie)

Posted at 6:03 AM on February 18, 2014

As long as they dont bloody break up again I am quite excited,They have been apart too long this season.JTnTess will be good fun to lighten up the drama #BatB

e@n (@ean_nae)

Posted at 5:54 AM on February 18, 2014

Absolutely NO interest in JTnT romance. I don’t see the need to go there although I am probably in the minority.

e@n (@ean_nae)

Posted at 5:52 AM on February 18, 2014

Shakesperian?? Brain scrambling furiously now ~ only thing that comes to mind is Oedipus complex and tragedy ~ eek ~ no clue what Austin is teasing helppp!!! This 2 week wait til Mar 3 is torture to the MAX!!! I miss my show already!!!

Glaucia M

Posted at 9:53 PM on February 17, 2014

Thanks – I love BATB and this interview to came be calm my hearth.

Kristen

Posted at 7:57 PM on February 17, 2014

Thanks for the interview. Love this show!!!!

Penny

Posted at 5:51 PM on February 17, 2014

Can’t wait to watch BATB! Does anyone know when BATB will return from “spring break”? Love love love this show!

djamila guyot (@guyot92)

Posted at 2:20 PM on February 17, 2014

Superb article I am Eager to Please see The Evolution of History and History Congratulations to 2crivain Beautiful and very well interpreted by #JayRyan #AustinBasics #KristinKreuk #NinaLisandrello

Adele

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 17, 2014

I’m happy that JT and Tess are finally getting together, they deserve some happiness. I’m also excited to find out how Catherine is connected to whole human-beast situation and that this revelation will turn VinCat’s relationship around!!!

Janice

Posted at 11:00 AM on February 18, 2014

I am a fan of the show and have watched it since the beginning. What I’m not happy with is how they changed Season 2 so I have not enjoyed many of the stories. The premise of the show is the love story between Kat and Vincent, yet they have changed these characters and broken them up. Why? I also don’t like at the end of this week’s episode Kat was in bed with Gabe — it didn’t take her long to get over Vincent! Stories have not made much sense in Season 2 (and there has not been much consistency), but I’m hanging in there hoping stories will get better and we go back to original them of the show from Season 1. For the record I don’t like Gabe & Kat and don’t understand why they even got together (she is now sleeping with her boss). I would be ok for a story between JT and Tess (though they could have also gone with a store of Tess & Gabe). I hope they don’t cancel this show because I believe they can right some mistakes that have been made this season (IMO).

Brenda

Posted at 10:21 PM on February 26, 2014

I agree with everything Janice has said.I am hanging on hoping that the storyline goes somewhat back to season 1.The action is great this season,but the storylines are all over the place.I want a season 3 so this can be corrected.