‘House Of Cards': Season 2 Opens With Shocking Main Character Death

Fri, February 14, 2014 11:29am EDT by 6 Comments
House of Cards Frank Kills Zoe
Courtesy of Netflix

Gordo

Posted at 9:44 AM on February 15, 2014

From a storyline standpoint, it was probably a good decision to kill off Zoe early. It confirms Frank’s absolute ruthlessness and allows the story to move on without what had become an annoyance Seriously, how many more of the “trust me, trust me not” vignettes would we have had to put up with — and for what purpose? I fully expect to see Claire’s evilness developed even further in season two. I worked in the Washington DC area for over 23 years. I dealt with members, staffers, and appointees. House of Cards is indeed a caricature of what goes on in Washington. And it is certainly a very entertaining caricature.

Debbie

Posted at 8:03 AM on February 15, 2014

I am still in shock over this one! I really liked her and was looking forward to more drama with her. I was thinking it would be great to have her ghost come back and haunt Frank, so he thinks he is going nuts. He has no remorse and his wife is just as bad. The ghost of Zoe might shake him up a bit?

Anne

Posted at 1:03 PM on February 18, 2014

I think it was a mistake to kill her off…..the show is kind of boring without her……she added an edge that was much needed……her ghost is a good idea….but nothing like the real interaction between them……surprised that they took such a great 1st season and played with the dynamic
….

Debbie

Posted at 1:45 PM on February 18, 2014

If you have watched past the first several episodes, it gets more exhausting. It keeps building up to the point where you hope in the end, both Frank and Claire get theirs in the end. They give an entirely new meaning to the word ruthless! No one is safe!

Zurick Kapowpow

Posted at 2:14 AM on February 15, 2014

Poor Zoe, I was sorry to see her go. I thought her and Frank were going to re-kindle their quid pro quo.

lanrwoods (@lanrwoods)

Posted at 1:00 PM on February 14, 2014

Job available In USA, UK, Canada,Australia my buddy’s step-mother makes Dollar 73/hour on the computer. She has been without work for six months but last month her income was Dollar 12032 just working on the computer for a few hours. why not find out more