Bethenny Frankel’s Talk Show Canceled: How She Told Her Staff

Fri, February 14, 2014 11:25am EDT by 28 Comments
Bethenny Canceled
Courtesy of Telepictures

Bethenny ‘sounded teary’ during her ‘emotional’ phone call with ‘Bethenny’ employees, a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

Wherever she is, Jill Zarin is undoubtedly smiling right now. Her former Real Housewives of New York nemesis Bethenny Frankel‘s self-titled talk show has officially been canceled, HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site Deadline is reporting. Executive produced by Ellen DeGeneres, the syndicated talk show will not be renewed for a second season.

Bethenny was first tested in several markets in Summer 2012, before making its nationwide debut in Fall 2013.

‘Bethenny’ Canceled — How She Informed Her Staff

Bethenny wasn’t able to inform her staffers about the cancelation in person — she’s currently traveling — but an insider tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that the former host called in and addressed everyone.

“She was very emotional, and sounded teary,” our source says. “She said that she thinks the show was canceled because it wasn’t edgy enough. She wasn’t able to say ‘vagina’ or ‘orgasm’ on TV. So she joked that going forward, she wants to be crazy. … She is very concerned about her staffers’ jobs, but was very upbeat and reassuring while telling the staff the show is canceled.”

The show is still taping for two more months, and because Bethenny knows she has nothing lose, our source tells us, “[Bethenny] laughed that now she can do whatever she wants. She joked that the staff should take molly in the morning and then do the show.”

(Honestly, we’d kind of love to see that.)

Bethenny Frankel: ‘I Am Thankful For The Experience’

Bethenny released the following statement, regarding her time on the show:

I had a blast doing this show with Telepictures. My entire staff worked so hard and made everyday so much fun. I am thankful for the experience and for all my fans who tuned in every day.

HollywoodLifers, will you miss Bethenny, or were you never much of a fan in the first place? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the talk show’s cancellation below.

— Andy Swift

More Bethenny Frankel News:

1. Bethenny Frankel: My Favorite Drugstore Beauty Buy
  2. Bethenny Frankel Without Makeup — See Shocking Pic
  3. Snow Hits NYC: Bethenny Frankel & More Celebs Tweet About Frigid Weather

pinhighpro.com

Posted at 11:44 AM on July 22, 2014

Excellent weblog here! Also your site a lot up fast! What web host are you the use of?
Can I am getting your affiliate link for your host? I wish my site loaded up
as quickly as yours lol

Dora

Posted at 6:06 PM on July 16, 2014

The show was very hard to watch even the reality show when she would put her husband down so ugly, Show was difficult to watch she screamed so much could care less for the audience talked over her guests and all that over sex talk constant Bethenny should go on the internet and do her own show one that only her would speak

Jack Daniel

Posted at 1:50 AM on July 16, 2014

I did not find anything interesting about Behenny, and at a personal level I would not want to be near her. She was condenscending to her guests. She always cut people off in the middle of a sentence. She reminded me of a 13 yr old with a weird whiny voice.

chris martinez

Posted at 12:33 PM on June 9, 2014

Yes, I will miss this show very much. Betheney is a very talented and gifted entertainer. She comes across as a down-to-earth person who keeps the show moving and interesting. I felt that my time was well spent. I am ver disappoi ted. I will not watch this channel any more!

erica ricciardi

Posted at 11:29 AM on June 4, 2014

I loved the show it was fun and i will miss watching Bethenny

Deb

Posted at 5:49 PM on May 26, 2014

Bethenny had a unique voice on her talk show. The network is making a big mistake!

Sonya

Posted at 4:02 PM on May 20, 2014

I am very upset that the show Bethenny has been canceled. I didn’t know until the last show today . I watch it all the time and I think they are making a huge mistake. Bring her back!!!!

robertabailey

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 20, 2014

!u r bonna b missed u share my sons bday and when he had heart surgery ur show was on and ir helped me thank u for a great Year

Matia

Posted at 12:32 PM on May 19, 2014

Love Bethany. It would be better if she had a late night show!

Alayna Peck

Posted at 1:06 PM on May 20, 2014

I believe in Bethany, and Respect how she touched many peoples lives. Esp mine!! Im so sad its cancelled, maybe a night time spot….. I am in N.H and starting out a mini business but would make sure 3 out of 5 week days I was front and center of my T.v. dreaming of ways I could catch her attention to give a single mother that is in the beauty industry and have been for 15+years and am 33 yrs old…..It was a very uplifting and learning how to make things happen with resources available to you.. Not to forget the best advice from mens Views on relationships and how the opposite sex works(varity of men old, young, married, single..ect.) I love Ellen and was bummed her time slot changed and found she helped Bethany get started wich before I watched Bethany I already loved her knowing Ellen had helped make the show a reality….. I have watched a few interviews that Bethany has been on as the guest…and my heart breaks to see how emotional and down on herself (just my opinion) from listening to her reaction to the show ending…I would def, have to say one door closes another opens!! Cleshe as it sounds-(its the Truth..) I believe once the personal waves calm and new living arrangements are settled for
BethanyS NEW LIFE BEGINS- She WILL SUPRISE HER SELF AND ALL OF HER FANS with New Beginnings and Much, Much more to come….Im a believer of lifes difficulties only make people like Bethany will only show the world what shes made of- cant take the Drive out of a Determined woman that wont allow this bump in the journey hold her down….Powerful women are human and this is the New Beginning of A new Journey!!!!! With Patcients and Determination I know this is not the End for Bethany, only going to make her do what she knows best and what that next new beginning and will be cheering for her next big new journey -”

Dawn

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 23, 2014

Glad to see it, don’t care for her at all. Love the Ellen show, but I really don’t understand what Ellen saw in her. I think she is conceited and self centered. I think she tries to act genuine, but is definitely NOT good at it. Good Riddens Bethenny!

liz

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 3, 2014

Agree. Bethenny is not suited for a talk show. Her voice is whiney and all she focuses on is sex. At first, it was a bit interesting, but after a month or so….not so much. She was better on the reality show where she only had a few minutes on screen.

shouston

Posted at 12:16 PM on April 2, 2014

Im very sad about this because i love this show. Bethenny is so honest:)

Tara

Posted at 12:10 PM on March 18, 2014

Unfortunately, cold and sarcastic isn’t quite light enough to balance out relationship, men, and love obsessions. Bethenny needs love – not attention -.
if only the lesson, “don’t bite the hand the feeds you” was for sale. Best wishes to her, she’s most beautiful happy

patty badgett

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 17, 2014

Betheny..those black dudes on your show today..were sick sluts..(today on St. Pattys day) Sex sex sex…threesomes..pits..ho’s..it makes me so sick. Men should control their sex urge..they are suppose to be the strong sex..and the stripper woman humping on the men..guests..and said..it makes her husband proud..how sick and sad. Our spirits are suppose to rule over our bodies..not bodies ruling over our spirits. What a loss and those who sin and do evil will get their bitter harvest.

2honest

Posted at 12:25 PM on May 7, 2014

Why not just say men…..n not black men trying to portray yourself as so above the frey shut up….you sound stupid

melvis

Posted at 11:59 AM on March 4, 2014

I tried to watch it with an open mind…but ugh…she’s still Bethany.
Her biggest problem is her lack of genuine interest in other people. She’s too self absorbed, always has been.
Jill learned that the hard way. you can’t be genuine friend when your a narcissist. Bye Bye Bethany

Judy Kellum

Posted at 3:36 PM on February 24, 2014

i will not miss Bethenny i heard she has children but on her show she acts like a whore if the kids are in school and they hear dirty talk about their Mother it will hurt them so bad

Sherrie

Posted at 5:01 PM on February 19, 2014

I love bethenny!! Sucks that it cancelled! :( soooo sad what will I do at 4 o’clock now!!?

anime

Posted at 4:27 AM on February 15, 2014

The coach Roy Hodgson (right) drive Liverpool
straight along with Gerrard. Choose one of the many different crazy character
mouths and place Mouth Off in front of your face. Actuaries also know that some occupations
are more dangerous than others.

Shopgirl

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 14, 2014

Her voice is like a spa!

Eddy

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 14, 2014

That’s great when is Wendy Williams getting the BOOT ?

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:16 PM on February 14, 2014

Never. People love Wendy.

Shopgirl

Posted at 11:08 PM on February 14, 2014

Right… she is so desperate to stay relevant.

ROGER 4555

Posted at 1:16 AM on February 15, 2014

@Eddy Not a fan of Wendy Big Head Williams either….. But I heard she got extended for 2 or 3 more seasons

Fan of Bethenny Before This Show

Posted at 12:32 PM on February 14, 2014

I tried to watch this program, even though the topics seemed juvenile. Each episode I tried to sit through was disappointing. She spoke over guests and seemed dismissive of the audience members’ opinions. For me, the big turn off was hearing Bethenny say how many hundreds of thousands of people she’s helped. That’s great, but I don’t know how. I adore and will continue to buy the cocktails, but I wouldn’t say that they help me. I’ve read all of her books only because my impression was that she is self-made and that means a lot to me to read about someone who has risen so high on her own ideas and resources. I didn’t learn anything to help myself, but the books nicely describe how she came to be on the public’s radar. I thought I liked her, until I heard her comment that made her sound like she thinks she’s every girl’s savior. Then, I remembered others that she made when she worked for Bravo and now think that she’s probably really tough to know. I still admire her rise in business and hope that she will take this free time to regroup.

Sharon in FL

Posted at 12:08 PM on February 14, 2014

I think it’s her personality that turns people off. She talks to fast/much. She needs to calm down. She’s exhausting to watch/listen to. That being said. I watched her show faithfully every single day. I wish they would have given her more time to adjust to doing a show like that. She’s never done anthing like it before. I enjoyed her show (Even though she did get on my nerves sometimes.) I like Bethenny. I will miss her and her show. I hope another channel will pick up her show and put her on at night. She wasn’t able to do what she wanted to do with the show be on so early in the day. Too many restrictions. She’ll be picked up by another station I’m sure. Good luck Bethenny!

Judy Kellum

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 24, 2014

she is not talk show host material