Glittery eyes, glamourous waves and a soft berry lip — here’s the exact breakdown of the Pamella Roland Fall 2014 fashion show beauty look!
Just like Selena Gomez, glam, old Hollywood waves and a punch of color on the lips can totally work for you. Get the how-to’s from the hair and makeup artists below!
Pamella Roland Runway — Gorgeous, Glam Waves
Ted Gibson created the glamourous hair, telling HollywoodLife.com backstage at the show on Feb. 11:
“To complement Pamella’s collection, I knew I wanted to start the look off with a Ted Gibson blow dry, which is my signature blow dry done in both my NYC and Fort Lauderdale salons. After the blow dry, I wanted to create S waves in the hair — her collection was inspired by the 30s and a classic sense of glamour so I knew this look would be perfect. In creating this look and pin curling the hair, I knew it would be important for the hair to cool after it was set with a curling iron and pinned, so I wrapped the girls’ hair in a silk scarf. The scarf allowed the hair to cool appropriately and set it to define the S wave.”
Here’s how to get the look:
“1. Brush out with a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Make deep left side part with top brushed over to right side.
3. Spray with ted gibson build it blow drying agent and blow out hair with round brush.
4. Section hair and wrap around a medium barrel Marcel iron, then pin curl with silver clips. < “S” pin it > one row going forward, 2nd row going back. Repeat until curls are done.
5. Wrap hair in silk scarf to cool hair and set curls.
6. Take out pins and brush curls out (for softness) with boar bristle brush pulling ends down with fingers.
7. Flat iron the ends of hair (for less bend).
8. Smooth L’Oreal Professionnel’s Architexture on the front area of the hair only for definition and to tame fly-aways.
9. Tuck hair behind left ear and pull to right side of shoulder.
10. Finish with ted gibson beautiful hold hairspray to hold waves in place.”
Makeup By Laura Mercier
Matin Maulawizada, Global Brand Ambassador for Laura Mercier, created the look. To represent the “quintessential New York woman,” he used “the style and elegance of Carolyn Bessette. The makeup is young, sleek and not overdone.”
Here’s the how to:
“Face: Youthful complexion. First, Matin massaged Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($33), into the skin to create an even canvas. Then, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, ($43) all over the skin to provide a hint of color and a dewy glow. He perfected the skin using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32). To eliminate any puffiness and to brighten the under-eye area, he applied Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer, ($28) – available April 2014. Next, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24) onto the cheeks, adding a natural, rosy flush to the skin.
Eyes: Sparkling eyes to match the city’s twinkling lights. Matin applied a thick layer of to Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Khaki, ($26) the eyelids. Using the tip of his finger, he gently applied a thin layer of silver glitter, specifically made for the Pamella Roland show. For a similar look, apply Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Black Ice, ($23). To slightly mattify the glitter, Matin dabbed another layer of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Khaki, ($26) to the eyelids using the Laura Mercier Eye Colour Brush, ($27). To complete the eyes, he applied a coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara, ($24).
Lips: Elegant, berry-toned lips. Adding the final touch to the look, he applied and Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, ($26) then blotted the lips.
Will you try to re-create this look, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Beauty News:
- Zendaya Shows Off 2 Dramatic Makeup Looks In 1 Day At NYFW
- Vivienne Tam’s Fall 2014 Sleek Ponytails — Get The Exact Look
- HONOR Fall 2014 Nails — Perfect For Valentine’s Day