Couple Arrested For Manslaughter After Pit Bull Mauls Baby Girl

Tue, February 11, 2014 4:30pm EDT by 12 Comments
British Girl Mauled
Courtesy Photo

This is so sad. Ava-Jayne Corless, an 11-month-old baby from Lancashire, England, was mauled by a dog and killed on Feb. 10. Her mother and her mother’s boyfriend have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

A beautiful 11-month-old baby girl named Ava-Jayne Corless was mauled and killed by a dog on Feb. 10, and her mother and her mother’s boyfriend have been arrested for child neglect and manslaughter. Ava’s father called her the most “beautiful and adorable girl in the world” and he is “devastated” by her death.

British Girl Mauled To Death By Dog — Couple Arrested For Manslaughter

In a tragic accident, Ave-Jayne Corless died after she was mauled by a vicious dog. The dog has been put down but was believed to be a “pit bull-type” dog, though authorities are still investigating the exact breed and history of the animal, according to MailOnline.

Woman & Child Mauled By Dog
Child Mauled By Dog In Union Township

Ava’s father, Dean Corless, 24, is beside himself after hearing the news of his daughter’s death. “I am absolutely devastated after what has happened. I found out late last night and rushed to the hospital to see her straight away,” he said, according to MailOnline. “She was the most beautiful and adorable little girl, she was just the best. She was my whole world. I will miss her every single day, I just don’t know what to do now. It is just so tragic. I have my family around me now, but we are all devastated.”

Ava-Jayne was under the care of her mother, Chloe King, 20, and her mother’s boyfriend, Lee Wright, 26, at the time of her death. The two have since been arrested in connection with Ava’s death.

Mauled Baby’s Parents Arrested

While the dog was the cause of Ava-Jayne’s death, the police have still arrested Chloe King and Lee Wright, twice.

The first time, they were arrested on suspicion of child neglect, before being re-arrested for suspected manslaughter.

Our thoughts are with the family of Ava-Jayne Corless during this difficult time.

– Sabina Young

More Tragic Child News:

1. Parents Allegedly Murder Girl, 5, By Forcing Her To Drink 70 Oz Of Soda
  2. Girl, 3, Stored In Freezer After Being Murdered — Mother Charged
  3. 4-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Cruise Ship Pool As 6-Year-Old Survives

A Hogg

Posted at 8:26 AM on February 14, 2014

Hey “Intern” why do you continue to print “ignorant rants” by “”LU””?

Tom Rowan

Posted at 8:21 AM on February 14, 2014

Wow Lu! Did you get off your meds & go back to the crack?

michelle adams

Posted at 8:12 AM on February 14, 2014

Pit Bulls are the sweetest, most loyal, & most loving dogs, in my opinion! It’s the bad owners fault not the breed’s {in this case, a pit bull}, fault!

Frankie

Posted at 4:14 AM on February 12, 2014

Some of these comments are absolutely ignorant!
They weren’t bred to fight, they were bred to please their leader. Unfortunately that means some people use them for they own entertainment, fighting.

I would never own a pit bull. I have a dog, so does everyone around me but they , as myself, are very responsible owners. Accidents happen. I don’t believe this was an accident. This was poor parenting & poor dog ownership that resulted in a baby girl losing her life.
Take the breed away and see it as an animal. They need a tough hand, too many are treated like children or people and this is what happens!

Tracy Anne

Posted at 9:02 PM on February 11, 2014

You dont blame the breed you blame the owners and how they raised the dog and handled it.This story is very very said but you can’t hate the entire breed because of this.People once thought the same way about Shepards and Dobermans. To say the entire breed should die and saying no need for the breed show ignorance.Yes there have been a lot of bad pit stories but people tend to forget the good because of this and that is sad.I pray for this little girls family and for the small minds who say such hateful things about an entire breed when they really don’t know.

Jason

Posted at 11:42 PM on February 11, 2014

It’s the breed AND the owners. Dogs like this should NEVER be allowed anywhere near small children unless they are strictly supervised and restrained at all times. They are ticking time bombs. Any dog can snap, but some breeds can cause fatal or irreversible injuries in a matter of seconds because of the strength of their jaws and their breeding. They were bred to FIGHT and are completely unsuitable as family pets. Scum like this trash mother and her trash boyfriend should be jailed for life, they are completely worthless to society. That poor beautiful baby, what a shame she had to be born to utter filth like this.

LB

Posted at 8:18 PM on February 12, 2014

@Jason I agree!

Rodney & Robyn Racine Roberts

Posted at 9:20 AM on February 14, 2014

We agree with you Tracy Anne! It’s not the breed’s fault it’s the owners fault!

jack

Posted at 7:43 PM on February 11, 2014

This couple deserve all they get now.Wholly irresponsible to have such a dangerous (and banned in the UK) dog in the same house as a baby.The neighbours had complained several times before about the dog to the police.This is unbelievable,How many more babies have to die like this?Living in the UK is an absolute joke,believe me.

lu

Posted at 6:21 PM on February 11, 2014

I HATE THESE DOGS! THEY SHOULD “ALL” BE PUT TO DEATH! That’s what happens when you mix. Poor baby, dead for a useless breed of dog. I just got rushed a few weeks ago by one. Plus, I walk my little dog, on a friggin leash, HAS ALL HIS SHOTS, and I have a 120lb. guy trying to walk his two pits. I hope they all die. NO NEED FOR THIS BREED!

sick of it

Posted at 9:04 PM on February 11, 2014

Are you kidding me lu ? Kill the breed? Yeah that will solve it! How about all the children who die from their own parents! Are you saying we should kill off all parents to solve that? No cuz that’s just as ridiculous as killing a bunch of dogs because they were born a certain breed I am very sad for this little girl and her father however I do not believe it’s the breeds fault

Cynthia Van Arsdale

Posted at 9:28 AM on February 14, 2014

What a hideous & ignorant rant Lu! Years ago other breeds of dogs were discriminated against & hated, like Chows, Akitas, Dobermans, Rotweilers, & Bull Mastiffs Now it’s the poor Pit Bulls! It’s all “media hype!”