Julia Roberts’ Half-Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead

Mon, February 10, 2014 4:32pm EDT by 8 Comments
Getty, Courtesy Photo

The half-sister of the Oscar-winning actress was found dead in LA on Feb. 9 and Julia’s family said in a statement that they are ‘shocked’ and ‘devastated.’

Julia Roberts received terrible news on Feb. 9, that her half-sister, Nancy Motes, had unexpectedly died. Nancy was allegedly estranged from her mega-star sister.

Julia Roberts’ Sister Found Dead

The Roberts family released this statement to People:

It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes … confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner’s office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated.

Nancy openly spoke about her issues with Julia. She did an interview where she detailed the alleged bullying at the hands of her famous sister of her weight. Nancy at one point weighed almost 300 pounds before getting gastric bypass surgery, which brought her down to 155.

Julia Roberts Graces ‘Vanity Fair’
Julia Talks Scary SAG Incident

“When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight,” Nancy told the New York Daily News. “She would make it quite clear to me and in a not-so-nice a manner. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman’s little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside,” she said. “A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight.”

There are currently reports that Nancy, who was a production assistant on the hit show Glee, died from a drug overdose, according to RadarOnline.com.

HollywoodLifers, this is so incredibly sad, and we hope that Julia is doing okay!

– Chloe Melas

More Julia Roberts News:

1. Julia Roberts: Gorgeous Natural Beauty At Premiere — Her Exact Look
  2. Julia Roberts: Is She Pregnant At Age 46? See Pic
  3. Julia Roberts & Sandra Bullock: Beauty At The Hollywood Film Awards

LivingOutLoud

Posted at 7:12 PM on March 14, 2014

Chloe, do you feel better?

Fluffy

Posted at 2:28 AM on March 13, 2014

There are blood relatives that I don’t bother with, so why should a helf sister, non-blood relative be any different. If we don’t want to bother with someone, especially if they have heaqd problems, then that is our perogative. So back off, and let Julia have the happiness that she has earned and
deserves. She earned all her own money, and has helped a lot of people out – SO BACK OFF TO THE SO-CALLED NON-WORKERS WHO HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO CRITICIZE SOMEONE WHO SHOULD BE APPLAUDED FOR ALL HER HARD-HARD WORK. Julia Roberts is my favorite actress and always will be.

cheer girl

Posted at 10:49 PM on February 11, 2014

I really thought the world of Julia Roberts. It was until I read this devastating article involving her half sister that has truly changed my thoughts of her as a person not alone an actress. They way i look at is if the shoe was on the other foot would you want people to treat you that way. It never matters how pretty or successful you are but at the end of the day. It is how you treat people on what type of person you truly are. God Bless her sister and may she be at peace.

GIVE ME A BREAK

Posted at 8:22 AM on February 11, 2014

If you wish Julia the best why bring up the weight issue at all? Just want to fill space? I am a long time fan of Julia and at times like this better to say nothing if you can’t say something nice.

dsagsdfs

Posted at 9:36 PM on February 10, 2014

Voted “Best of the Web” by Forbes. ” +++ WealthyPeople.ōrg +++ highlights the ‘millionaires’ in its listings” by Wall Street Journal. This is the largest and most effective site in the world to connect with, date, and marry successful and attractive people.Our members include CEOs, pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, fitness models and Hollywood celebrities, just to name a few. Here, every quality single is welcome! Whether or not you’re a Millionaire or simply interested in meeting other eligible and successful people.sdfsdfds

Lorraine

Posted at 8:43 PM on February 10, 2014

I am a fan of Julia’s. My Deepest Prayers are with the entire family during this very sad and shocking time. I pray that everyone Heals from this very sad tragedy. Let Love Rule.

Katie

Posted at 6:57 PM on February 10, 2014

Julia would be the worse person for this girl to have as a sister. Julia is so arrogant and haughty and always criticized her sisters weight.

Fat half sister and Cory Monteith belong together on Glee

Posted at 5:43 PM on February 10, 2014

You can not blame Julia Roberts if she were alive today on the Glee show why didn’t Glee
Notice since Cory Monteith died of a over dose 2. Julia is being blamed because she is
Famous she did not have a relationship with her.. Hearsay to overweight issue.. Nancy
Made that up 2!