Woody Allen Responds To Sex Abuse Claims: ‘I Did Not Molest Dylan’

Fri, February 7, 2014 10:36pm EST by 30 Comments
Woody Allen Dylan Farrow
FameFlyNet

Woody Allen is finally fighting back after his adopted daughter Dylan accused him of molesting her as a child in a gut-wrenching open letter on Feb. 1. ‘Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her,’ the famous filmmaker writes in a ‘New York Times’ op-ed published Feb. 7.

Woody Allen is telling his side of the story, and it’s almost as shocking as Dylan Farrow‘s. In his just-published New York Times op-ed, Woody claims his ex-partner of 12 years, Mia Farrow, is responsible for convincing Dylan, 28, that she was sexually abused by the Blue Jasmine director. “Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman,” Woody says.

Woody Allen On Dylan Farrow’s Sex Abuse Claims: ‘I Did Not Molest Dylan’

It’s been 21 years since Dylan first accused Woody of sexually assaulting her in 1992, and on Feb. 1, she reiterated the allegations in a detailed open letter published on the New York Times website. After staying mum on the matter for almost a week, Woody is defending himself and firmly denying the accusations once again.

Woody Allen Assault Accusations
Dylan Accuses Woody Of Sex Abuse

“Of course, I did not molest Dylan,” Woody, 78, writes in his New York Times op-ed. “I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being.”

Woody blames Mia for fabricating the claims Dylan levied against him in 1992 and again in her open letter. “Not that I doubt Dylan hasn’t come to believe she’s been molested, but if from the age of 7 a vulnerable child is taught by a strong mother to hate her father because he is a monster who abused her, is it so inconceivable that after many years of this indoctrination the image of me Mia wanted to establish had taken root?” Woody asks.

Woody also holds Mia responsible for ruining any fatherly relationship he could have had with Dylan, out of anger over his controversial relationship with her other adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn.

“Soon-Yi and I made countless attempts to see Dylan but Mia blocked them all, spitefully knowing how much we both loved her but totally indifferent to the pain and damage she was causing the little girl merely to appease her own vindictiveness,” writes Woody.

He adds as a postscript: “This piece will be my final word on this entire matter and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party. Enough people have been hurt.”

Dylan Farrow Repeats Sexual Assault Accusations Against Woody Allen

Dylan’s letter was hard to read, both because of how shocking the accusations are and how serious they are. In it she wrote about an extended pattern of sexual abuse, saying:

When I was 7 years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me.

Dylan explained that she was reasserting the accusations now because of all the praise Woody has recently been receiving, specifically for his movie Blue Jasmine.

“Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime,” Dylan said. “That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up.”

This is a controversy that has been brewing for more than 20 years, and even after Woody’s response, we have a feeling Dylan isn’t about to back down.

– Tierney McAfee

More Sexual Assault Controversies:

1. Cee Lo Green: Charged With Ecstasy Possession, Cleared Of Sexual Assault
  2. Al Gore Denies Alleged Sexual Assault ‘Unequivocally and Emphatically’
  3. Audrie Pott: Three Men Arrested In Sexual Assault Case

TrotskysMidnightinParis

Posted at 6:05 AM on July 6, 2014

My gosh, i can imagine american media and tv/ court soap without topic of precarious subject ..it is as in USA, canada every 3 man is a child molester..what a proud nation. Certainly i don’t belive in this. When we take power we will put the girl in 6 months reality, where she have to do the same with old guys..to answeer polycgraph, hypnograph, etc..all type of your graphs(in searching of fantasmatic truth..it also great, how many people are claiming”we are disgustiiing, myeee!, but we love to read abouth this deviations…this is much more moraly reprehensible and as a final..this conflinct serves as ideal propaganda against adoption.Can you ask for better..Such intelligent fellow is the father,and the duaghter,ahh, let’s put it in PC terms- ” how opposite of the clever she is ” Why such a powerful guy needs to take her in a dark..this is her own fantasy,.Freud and Laplanche revealed that 80% of allegation is Apres coup.child is being beaten..that all this fantasmatic seduction take place in order the young fellow to be able to start fantasize.what the other wants from me, what he is seeng..Che vuoi?

andy

Posted at 12:19 PM on March 7, 2014

i think Mr. Allen’s letter was well written.

i think he reacted in the same way any sane person would react if they felt their significant other had fabricated a story of accused them of sexually molesting their daughter. if you were Woody Allen and innocent, wouldn’t you all also be vexed at Ms. Farrow?

Mr. Allen, who is being judged mostly for falling in love and marrying Ms. Farrow’s daughter (they’ve since remained wed for the last 16 years and have raised two children of their own), was cleared after an extensive six month investigation for any crimes he was accused of…and cleared.

i believe Mr. Allen but agree Dylan is the victim here; she’s the victim of the machinations of a very angry spurned woman, Ms. Farrow.

mv

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 8, 2014

Yeah, and while he was married to Mia, he never made out with his adopted daughter Soon either. . The guy is a disgusting pig. My family and I don’t watch anything he acts in or directs or anything that has anything to do with him.. I really can’t believe Hollywood have the nerve to honor him for anything. I believe his daughter Dylan. Kids are smart. If Woody was a good father, there is nothing Mia could say that would influence his daughter against him. And the fact that he keeps blaming everything on Mia should tell you he is definitely not innocent.

vivianlee

Posted at 10:56 AM on February 23, 2014

Nail meet head. If he was innocent he wouldn’t be placing blame elsewhere he would have his own clean conscience and his words of vindication would shine through. But we feel his insistence to attack Mia just digs his hole deeper.

Susy

Posted at 6:15 PM on February 8, 2014

He’s a disgusting pig!

Laurie

Posted at 1:49 PM on February 8, 2014

Gilty!!!

Amber

Posted at 11:58 AM on February 8, 2014

His defense is always Mia Farrow is crazy. Her own son Moses Farrow came forward with a statement about his mom being abusive and drilling it in her kids minds that Woody Allen was evil and molested Dylan. Maybe that’s true and she was really bitter…. That doesn’t mean he didn’t molest Dylan. Maybe it just means she has two really crap parents.

carrienobleygycarrienobleygy

Posted at 11:10 AM on February 8, 2014

@Amy, you make $27h thats great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as $85h…heres a good example of what i’m doing, Y­E­L­L­W­O­R­K.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

killykarro (@killykarro)

Posted at 10:41 AM on February 8, 2014

just before I looked at the bank draft which was of $6582 , I have faith that…my… best friend woz like really bringing home money part-time from their computer. . there sisters neighbour has done this 4 only about 6 months and a short time ago cleard the dept on there condo and got Maserati . visit this site right here
>>>>>> Sign up here> W­­W­­W.­­bay91.­­C­­O­­M­­

boydxhxzv

Posted at 9:59 AM on February 8, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixedLuv.Çom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

kateperry (@kateper18114897)

Posted at 3:54 AM on February 8, 2014

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week…

Sign up here> W­­W­­W.­­V­­O­­X­­­­J­­O­­B.­­C­­O­­M­­

Andy

Posted at 2:41 AM on February 8, 2014

If Woody marrying and having an inappropriate relationship with his adopted daughter didn’t ruin his career than this won’t either. I won’t be shocked if in a few years his other adopted kids come out and say he molested them too but that won’t ruin his career either. Apparently, in Hollywood you can do any and every crime and still have a successful career. They just like to sweep it under the rug.

KALANI

Posted at 1:11 AM on February 8, 2014

HE IS GUILTY.

PS

Posted at 8:47 AM on February 8, 2014

And you know that how?? Have you been there??

lu

Posted at 1:41 PM on February 8, 2014

LOL. I was an adult back then, but I guess Kalani is 5 and knows all. lol GUILTY! Just GUILTY! Probably doesn’t know who Woody Allen is. Wouldn’t want someone that has NO IDEA on my jury. Easy to point fingers. Stay in school kid. NOBODY KNOWS THE REAL STORY!

KALANI

Posted at 1:05 AM on February 8, 2014

This is common in Hollywood and it’s acceptable to behave in this manner.

Kalan

Posted at 1:00 AM on February 8, 2014

Soon li was 20 and did not know woody. Mia was woodys girl friend and got pissed becsuse he took soon li instead. Cant believe how media did not get his side

lu

Posted at 1:43 PM on February 8, 2014

What do you mean she didn’t know Woody? IT WAS HER STEP FATHER YOU FOOL! Mind your own buisness of things you have NO IDEA ABOUT!

1964Nickel (@1964Nickel)

Posted at 12:59 AM on February 8, 2014

As for Dylan? Some things you never forget. I’m 49. I was nearly 8 when it happened to me. Sometimes, late at night, I still have nightmares. And it doesn’t take much to rile me on this subject, either. I accepted years ago my abuser would never be brought to justice for what he did to me. He still denies doing it to this day. And I KNOW what he did to me. I was there. I never forgot. It haunted me my entire life. So all of that I remember, and I know Dylan has gone through every single bit of it. Bless her, because she’s going to need all the help she can get to keep growing past this horrible incident, that has to have scarred her in ways we can’t see. It’s that kind of trauma, the scars are on the inside.

kalan

Posted at 1:03 AM on February 8, 2014

Do some research. He did not molest dylan. He is still with soon yi so he is not attracted to children. Duh.

Andy

Posted at 2:38 AM on February 8, 2014

Just because he’s still with Soon Yi doesn’t mean he’s not attracted to children. Do your research on child abusers before you make idiotic comments. Especially, since he took inappropriate pictures of her when she was in her teens and she WAS his adopted daughter. That’s just gross. Plus, you have no idea what happens behind closed doors of anyone’s home. He may be guilty, he may be innocent. All I know is something terrible happened in that house that Dylan is still living and struggling with until this day.

lu

Posted at 1:48 PM on February 8, 2014

YOU DO RESEARCH YOU IDIOT! IT WAS HIS DAUGHTER HE MARRIED! DAUGHTER! Mia wasn’t jealous, SHE WAS DISCUSTED! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU’RE SAYING AND UNLESS YOU’VE BEEN THERE, SHUT THE F*CK UP! WHAT A FOOL, IDIOT YOU ARE! DO YOU’RE F*CKIN RESEARCH!

@kalan

Posted at 5:02 PM on February 8, 2014

You idiot,
Soon Yi was his minor daughter, get you facts.

PS

Posted at 8:50 AM on February 8, 2014

Just because it happened to you, does not mean it happened to everyone else who claimed it happened. It’s not about you and everyone’s story is different.

PS

Posted at 8:52 AM on February 8, 2014

” and she WAS his adopted daughter.”

And again, some fool bases his opinion on something that is not true. She WAS NOT Allen’s adopted daughter. She was Mia Farrow’s and Andre Previn’s adopted daughter and Soon-Yi never viewed him as a father figure. They didn’t even live in the same household.

lu

Posted at 1:53 PM on February 8, 2014

Listen, if I’m married to a man, and he looks at my DOG WRONG, he’s going down. That’s a sick man. I KNOW FIRST HAND! IT WILL “NEVER” and I mean NEVER happen to my kids or my grandchildren. I DARE YOU! AND HOW DARE HIM? Innocense of a child is the most precious thing.

1964Nickel (@1964Nickel)

Posted at 12:56 AM on February 8, 2014

Allen said, “Soon-Yi and I made countless attempts to see Dylan but Mia blocked them all” I have to say it. If I had caught my boyfriend with pictures of my daughter, and he admitted to a sexual relationship with said daughter, I’d hit the roof. And I certainly wouldn’t want my other children exposed to that sordid relationship. Because it IS a sordid relationship, no matter what Allen thinks.

PS

Posted at 8:54 AM on February 8, 2014

Yes. Of course it is. And thus it’s not unthinkable that Farrow just wanted to hit him back where it counts. Or that she actually belives that he must have molested the other daughter, when one doesn’t really have anything to do with the other. I mean, it’s twenty years later and they are still together.

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:19 AM on February 8, 2014

……………..think twice.

Mighty Me

Posted at 12:18 AM on February 8, 2014

let this be warning to all of ya.