‘Biggest Loser’ Trainer Bob Harper: Shocked By Rachel’s 105-Pound Loss

Fri, February 7, 2014 7:26am EDT by 8 Comments
Biggest Loser Rachel Too Skinny
Courtesy of NBC/Twitter

LosingWeightMyself

Posted at 11:20 AM on April 30, 2014

Wow, that’s a lot of weight to lose! She could actually write a book on her successful weight loss method – so far I’ve lost 16 lb using green coffee tablets. I seem to have a bit to catch on with her :)

Claudia

Posted at 12:36 PM on April 14, 2014

She went too far no matter what anyone says. Her face looked skeletal. I’ve known people at 90 lbs who looked healthy because they’re physique was meant to be that way. She would’ve looked amazing at 130. What they really need there are counselors who can make sure the people participating in this competition are mentally sound throughout the entire process. Don’t get me wrong – I don’t think the trainers are doing anything wrong. They are doing their jobs and it’s been proven by 15 seasons and countless lives that are better because of it. However, Rachel’s journey opens up a aspect to this competition. Some people may benefit from a total makeover – lifestyle, body, and mind.

kellie

Posted at 7:14 AM on February 17, 2014

She’s not too thin, she looks great. Its just that we are so use to seeing so many overweight people that it is beginning to become the norm. I come from a running back ground and before three kids I was about the same size as her. After three kids 5, 3 and 1 I am slightly bigger and would love to get back to my old weight which for my height isn’t too thin.
Most of the women I run with all have a BMI of 18 or so. We all eat well, train well and look after ourselves.

Kimmy

Posted at 5:55 AM on February 8, 2014

Omg ppl leave her alone she looks great. She doesn’t have anorexia Kelly Monaco weighs 96 lbs and she’s not anorexic either

KeelyHallenale (@KeelyHallenale)

Posted at 12:29 AM on February 8, 2014

@Amy, you make $27h thats great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as $85h…heres a good example of what i’m doing, Y­E­L­L­W­O­R­K.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

mboomer

Posted at 10:12 AM on February 7, 2014

When you loose that amount of weight there is loose skin …… where is the loose skin?? MB

Gail Graham

Posted at 11:40 PM on February 7, 2014

That is a good point. I have yet to see any loose skin on any of the contestants. I truly think its about time some of the darker things are talked about.

A. Patrick

Posted at 6:03 AM on February 8, 2014

I have noticed some loose skin on contestants this year – particularly on the arms and the men’s chests – but there is typically less loose skin with heavy exercise regimes than when it’s purely dietary weight loss.

That said – they do go to some lengths to “hide” the areas of contestant’s bodies that will have the most loose skin (e.g. flab control underwear under the women’s gym clothes for weigh-ins) and that’s not really realistic… they’re feeding an idea that you can become morbidly obese then simply lose it all and look perfect again, which isn’t true at all – it leaves permanent scars… without a very good plastic surgeon, anyway. And certainly not in 6 months to a year! Loose skin will start to become less obvious over time after losing weight but it takes years.

They should show the reality of extreme weight loss on the body, if only to press home the message that the impressive thing to do is to *not become obese in the first place* – rather than getting there then losing it. And of course, to communicate that it’s a good idea to lose that weight for health reasons, not for vanity. The concern should be living longer, not fitting into a smaller dress.

There was a big contrast this year – another contestant who had been very ill with his weight (can’t remember the name, he wore a cowboy hat) got to a weight he was happy with and then just stopped. He still looked the same on finale night. He just wanted to get fitter to improve his life and that’s what he did. Whereas others seemed to be chasing “super-thin” vanity or worse – the prize money. There shouldn’t even BE prize money, in my opinion! Just have people on who genuinely want to change their lives and health for the better. No money involved. It would be just as entertaining, if not moreso.