Taryn Manning: Why It’s ‘Liberating’ To Play Tiffany On ‘OITNB’

Thu, February 6, 2014 2:34pm EDT by 9 Comments
Getty, Courtesy Of Netflix

HollywoodLife.com caught up with the ‘Orange Is The New Black’ star on Feb. 6, prior to her storming the runway for the Red Dress Collection 2014 show in NYC during Fashion Week.

When HollywoodLife.com asked Taryn Manning about The Red Dress Collection 2014 and what she loved most about her look for the show, she didn’t hesitate to tell us all about it! “I love the color Red,” she told us. “It’s a power color. And the perfect color to bring awareness to this crisis women are facing, in ever growing numbers.”

We love Taryn on the show, because she plays a very complicated — and far less glam than she is in real life — character. Taryn told us that playing an ordinary character is “very liberating” and “a true test of taming the ego,” calling it “a beautiful experience for my soul.”

Selena Gomez Reveals Her Most Embarrassing Fashion Disaster

Taryn Manning On Switching From Complex Role To Fashionista:

So how did Taryn go from playing Tiffany “Pennsatucky” on the hit show, to being Taryn, and strutting her stuff on the runway?

“I have been perfecting those walks for a long time,” she told us. “I’m not sure it will be your standard perfect, gorgeous model strut, but it will definitely be all Taryn.”

In regards to how she prepped for such a complex character on the show, Manning told us, “That’s a big question because she is ever changing. To start, I did a ton of research and reading, and then decided to just get weird!”

Well, she obviously prepared well, because her character is one of our favorites!

What do you think of the new-found fashionista, Taryn Manning? VOTE!

– Written by Olivia Elgart & Reporting by Katrina Mitzeliotis

More Orange is the New Black News:

1. Taryn Manning Hosts Dinner Party For Beth Minardi’s New Hair Color Launch
  2. Laura Prepon Dyes Her Hair For ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Return
  3. Laura Prepon Is Leaving ‘Orange Is the New Black’ — Report

Ismael

Posted at 7:01 PM on March 15, 2014

I couldn’t resist commenting. Welll written!

max komsky

Posted at 12:21 AM on March 12, 2014

It’s actually very complicated in this active life to listen news on Television,
thus I just use the webb for that reason, and obtain the most recent news.

Andra

Posted at 4:08 AM on March 9, 2014

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area .
Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to show that I’ve an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I
found out just what I needed. I most for sure will make sure to don?t fail to remember
this website and provides it a look regularly.

wgpa.weebly.com

Posted at 9:07 PM on March 6, 2014

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
I’ve learn this submit and if I may I desire to recommend you some interesting issues or suggestions.
Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read even moree issues approximately it!

www.lomography.com

Posted at 3:37 AM on February 26, 2014

Amazing things here. I’m very satisfdied to look your post.
Thank yyou so much and I am having a look forward to touch you.
Will yoou please drop me a e-mail?

Anne Mackenzie Darwin

Posted at 12:06 PM on February 14, 2014

Reblogged this on The Muses Guild: THE CIRCLE.

Olive

Posted at 11:35 PM on February 6, 2014

No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.

dunjav2013

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 6, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Lashunda T. Gates (@LashundaTGates)

Posted at 4:22 PM on February 6, 2014

I am making a good salary from home *5500-*7000/week , which is amazing, under a year ago I was jobless in a horrible economy. I thank God every day I was blessed with these instructions and now it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with Everyone… TEC80­.­ℭ­O­M