‘The Tonight Show’: Jay Leno Says Goodbye In ‘Heartfelt’ Final Episode

Thu, February 6, 2014 11:29pm EDT by 16 Comments
Jay Leno Last Episode
Courtesy of NBC

laura

Posted at 5:19 PM on February 7, 2014

Ohh who cares!! Im sure he will be fine with the millions of dollars he made.

Celeste

Posted at 5:40 PM on February 7, 2014

Jay knows how to save money alright, but his real love is entertaining audiences, and he also seems to be a great husband. What a shame – for Jay and his many viewers – that the politics at NBC got in the way. Hope Jay accepted those two kittens he got from Thomas Haden Church the other night – they will make him laugh the way he has made us laugh all these years!

Doris McCarthy

Posted at 1:53 PM on February 7, 2014

I will most definitely miss Jay——no question about it, even though I do very much like Jimmy Fallon. I really don’t understand replacing Jay the way it happened though. To my knowledge, there was never any talk about replacing Johnny Carson with a younger host before Johnny was ready to retire on his own and seeing Jay was still #1, it really makes me question the executives’ decision. It’s sad that this world has come to this, always wanting to move out the older, experienced people for the younger generation. Sure, Jay can’t do some of the things Jimmy can do, such as dance with Justin Timberlake, but Jay did PLENTY of other funny skits and jokes. Johnny Carson retired because HE chose to right? My concern is moving the show to NY too. I just don’t feel confident about that move. I do hope for Jimmy Fallon’s sake that things don’t turn out the way they did for Conan, although I think Conan probably did OK financially. Seeing Jay say goodbye was very very sad!!!

Lose the Kardashians

Posted at 12:35 PM on February 7, 2014

It’s amazing how Kim K. manages to weasel her way in to his final show….why was she there with all of those other talents?? I’m surprised she can even move face, it looks so full of fillers.

Vendy Thomas

Posted at 10:05 AM on February 7, 2014

Im making over $7000 bucks a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. W­e­l­l­, it was a­l­l true and has t­o­t­a­l­l­y c­h­a­n­g­e­d m­y l­i­f­e­. T­h­i­s i­s w­h­a­t I d­o

…….M­O­N­E­Y­J­U­R­­Y.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Vendy Thomas

Posted at 10:01 AM on February 7, 2014

W­W­W­.M­O­N­E­Y­J­U­R­­Y.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Sandra

Posted at 9:43 AM on February 7, 2014

Love Leno – what a shame his final show had to be ruined by Kim K showing up – I quickly turned the channel.

Kimberly R. Friel (@KimberlyRFriel)

Posted at 7:46 AM on February 7, 2014

I just bought an iPhone and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic camera that we got for $137.59… We bought all of this from money we earned in only two days working a job over this website! Check it out>>>

Sign up here> W­­W­­W.­­V­­O­­X­­­­J­­O­­B.­­C­­O­­M­­

mark

Posted at 7:36 AM on February 7, 2014

I hope Fallon doesn’t bring the “Roots” with him as the tonight show band….They suck so bad
The tonight show just won’t be the same with a bunch of no -talent negroes rapping and playing lame hip hop crap noise.

Chase

Posted at 9:50 AM on February 7, 2014

I love The Roots! I think he is bringing them, otherwise, why would Ricky Minor be “available” as Billy Crystal joked? I don’t think they’d hire a new band with Jimmy Fallons’ ratings where they have been with The Roots.

I can’t believe you don’t like them! They’re so entertaining!

Hobdor

Posted at 3:52 PM on February 7, 2014

The Roots sing all different types of music, I haven’t head them do much Rap on the show! They are talented, clever, and fun to watch.

Jeff Knight

Posted at 4:03 AM on February 8, 2014

I’m an american black male, and I firmly believe that bringing the Roots to the tonight show would be the biggest mistake Jimmy and Lorne can make. They are not very good musicians and they cannot improvise at all. I didn’t think they were good on late nite and they couldn’t even keep up with Jimmy when he prompted them to play a sample of a song he would he would reference.
When other bands or musicians came on the show there lack of talent really stood out. No joke, I’ve seen better high school garage bands. I know that Jimmy really doesn’t want to have them but he’s trying to be politically correct. It’s nothing to do with race, just talent. The Roots may be good and what they do in the environment they came out of but not the venue of the Tonight Show. Should have hired selected studio musicians. I’ve been watching the tonight show since Johnny Carsons when I was a young kid. And yes they do rap alot!

Posted at 4:15 AM on February 7, 2014

I blog often and I genuinely appreciate your content. The article has
really peaked my interest. I’m going to takme a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about omce per week.

I subscribed to your Feed as well.

Madeline Mignone

Posted at 12:50 AM on February 7, 2014

Jay Leno brought years of smiles to my household. We grew older with him and he will be missed. Per cent’anni Jay!

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:57 PM on February 6, 2014

it’s quite simple: DON’T DO IT THEN………….

bellagirl

Posted at 8:00 PM on February 7, 2014

We will miss Jay so much! People who ever went to his shows knows what a truly nice guy he is. He always treated everyone so well and was so loved. I stinks that NBC pulled this crap again on him. He didn’t deserve this treatment.

I hope he shows up back on tv in some capacity. He said he’d love to do something with the History Channel. Whatever, he is a wonderful comic, a generous and kind human being and deserves nothing but the best.

Wishing Jay and Mavis all the best in this their second journey in life. You are missed already.