Feeling patriotic? Get in the spirit of the games with this Olympic-inspired mani tutorial!
With the 2014 Winter Olympics quickly approaching, what better way to show your support than fun, patriotic nails? MARS the Salon of West Hollywood was fabulous enough to share a perfect DIY nail design to cheer on Team USA — whether you’re in Sochi or at home! Find out how to get the look below!
Patriotic Nails For The Winter Olympics — Get Gold Medal Winning Nails
MARS the Salon of West Hollywood prides itself in not being your average nail salon, and this is not your average DIY! With only a few tools necessary and easy instructions, this is the ideal project for the at-home manicurist in us all.
Support Team USA In Style: Sport A Red, White & Blue Manicure
What you’ll need: Base/top coat, red polish, white polish, blue polish, silver polish and rhinestones (or glitter)!
This fun and easy manicure is both glamourous and creative.
How To Get The Look
“1. Prep your nails by filing them to your desired shape and apply a base coat.
2. Apply two coats of red polish to your thumb.
3. Apply two coats of blue polish to your index and pinky fingers. For added sparkle, use a polish with glitter.
4. Apply two coats of white polish to your middle finger.
5. Using nail glue, carefully apply silver rhinestones to ring finger. You can also try a silver glitter.
6. To create the American flag on your middle finger, use a precision art brush to draw a small box at the lower right corner of the nail. Fill in with blue polish. Next, clean the brush with remover and dip it into silver polish to draw on small stars. Clean the brush again and then dip into red polish to create small horizontal stripes.
7. Apply a top coat to all your nails to seal and add shine.”
Will you rock this look, HollywoodLifers?
— Kindra Bailey