Facebook Creates Personalized User Videos In Honor Of 10th Anniversary

Wed, February 5, 2014 11:46am EDT by 27 Comments
Courtesy of Facebook

You get a video! And you get a video! Everybody gets a video! In honor of Facebook’s 10th anniversary, the team created an algorithm that makes personalized videos for the site’s 1 billion users — and counting.

Throwback Thursday came early this week when Facebook decided to take us back with some personalized videos on Feb. 4. In commemoration of the site’s 10-year anniversary, Mark Zuckerberg and his staff decided to make 62-second clips for many of its users. The clips highlight some of the posts and photos Facebook’s users have shared over the years.

Facebook Creates Personalized Videos For Ten Year Anniversary

Our beloved Facebook turned 10 years old on Feb. 4, and the site pulled a Beyoncé by surprising its users with personalized videos. The social networking site, which has more than a billion users, created the 62-second clips with the help of an automated tool. The videos, titled “A Look Back,” give users a chance to remember — and cringe — at some of the most popular things they’ve written or shared over the years.

Users get a chance to look back to the year they joined Facebook, see some of those silly first/most-liked posts and some of the outrageously embarrassing pictures they’ve posted over the years — all backed by somber, instrumental music.

Mark Zuckerberg Didn’t Expect Facebook To Be As Successful As It Is

Facebook, which was founded back in 2004 in the dorms of Harvard, changed the way we connect with people all over the world — but it seems as though the site’s success was unanticipated, even to Mark, who founded the network.

“People often ask if I always knew that Facebook would become what it is today,” he posted, “No way.”

He also addressed the fact that some even doubted that Facebook was an important site.

“While some doubted that connecting the world was actually important, we were building,” he continued, “While others doubted that this would be sustainable, you were forming lasting connections.”

HollywoodLifers, are you a fan of Facebook? More specifically, how addicted would you say you are to the social networking site? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Facebook’s 10th anniversary below.

– By Stephanie Sengwe

More Mark Zuckerberg News:

1. Mark Zuckerberg Stiffs Waiter In Rome — New Report
  2. Is Mark Zuckerberg’s New Wife Priscilla Chan Pregnant?
  3. Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Priscilla Chan Look Sad On Honeymoon

Peggy E.

Posted at 7:47 PM on February 18, 2014

Can someone please tell me the name of the music that’s being played in the background of the throwback video? I actually like it and would like to see if I can find it for sale. It’s kind of catchy and is a ‘feel good’ piece for me.

Sherry

Posted at 9:23 PM on March 1, 2014

Artist is Keith Kenniff. Song is called ‘Years’, it’s from album called ‘Helios’. Can also be purchased from SoundCloud website.

alenia

Posted at 2:19 AM on February 7, 2014

nrgjizhbiibhv

`Jasmine

Posted at 11:05 PM on February 6, 2014

I’m disappointed that none of my game achievements made it into the video. Since that is what I joined and stayed on FB for.

Paujos

Posted at 6:36 PM on February 6, 2014

I had an Obama chia pet on mine and other stupid pictures so deleted them and now I’m stuck with a page of 6 pictures!!!!!!

Lashunda T. Gates (@LashundaTGates)

Posted at 4:18 PM on February 6, 2014

I am making a good salary from home *5500-*7000/week , which is amazing, under a year ago I was jobless in a horrible economy. I thank God every day I was blessed with these instructions and now it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with Everyone… TEC80­.­ℭ­O­M

Holli Vincerir

Posted at 1:22 PM on February 6, 2014

❤▌▌▌▌▌ I just got paid $7500 working off my computer this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $8k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, ➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨ C­H­E­C­K­4­­4.­­ℭ­­Oℳ
▲✔▲✔▲✔ Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.

ana salazar

Posted at 8:20 AM on February 6, 2014

please , I want to see my video, I saw one time, then I delete two pictures, and now I lost my video, please can you put back, please, please,please

amithraa

Posted at 6:41 AM on February 6, 2014

as Carl replied I cannot believe that a stay at home mom able to earn $9596 in a few weeks on the computer . navigate to this site

>>>>>> BAY91.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Richard suragh

Posted at 10:51 PM on February 5, 2014

I read the article and I understand about the thank you cards. I love your idear of the 62sec video. My wife and I are happy to see my video (Richard .Suragh) but she’s very sad that she only has a thank you card. Can you please think of a way to help her and others at least get their own personal video? Besides Facebook is the (BEST SOCIAL SITE) in history. Please help us. Kimberly Suragh.

tania

Posted at 10:37 PM on February 5, 2014

sad…i cannot view mine.i only received thank you with the 6 photos.

Jackie

Posted at 9:52 PM on February 5, 2014

Memories

Donna

Posted at 9:22 PM on February 5, 2014

Loved it how do we keep it

mary carey

Posted at 9:08 PM on February 5, 2014

I received a card…sad it wsnt a video

honesty

Posted at 7:55 PM on February 5, 2014

I am a fairly new FB person only since 2012 but I love it. I have friends in different parts of the world and this is the best way of our staying connected. Thank you Mark. Brilliant.

Nancy Barker

Posted at 7:55 PM on February 5, 2014

So disappointed. Everyone I know got a video and I got a thank you. Why me?

N Tolar

Posted at 8:52 PM on February 5, 2014

I read that it was determined by how much you use FaceBook. This is what they said “To get your personal dose of throwbacks just go to facebook.com/lookback, and depending on how much you’ve posted over the years, you’ll either get the personalized video, a collection of photos or a thank you card.”

Cindy MacDonald

Posted at 7:30 PM on February 5, 2014

Can I edit my aniversary video…I like it but I would rather different photos

Linda Goerger Nordlund

Posted at 5:54 PM on February 5, 2014

what is the name of the music played in the background of the facebook videos?

NR

Posted at 11:49 PM on February 5, 2014

The Riddim by Robs & Duke

rc

Posted at 4:30 PM on February 7, 2014

Wrong!!!!!

Peggy E.

Posted at 7:49 PM on February 18, 2014

I just posted that same question. I really like it and would love to know what it is.

Sherry

Posted at 3:35 AM on March 2, 2014

The song is ‘Years’ from the album ‘Helios’ by Keith Keniff

nikki ballinger

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 5, 2014

I have been trying to find mine for a while now and it looks like dont have one as when i got onto the page all that comes up is my picture album. So im a bit gutted.

N Tolar

Posted at 8:53 PM on February 5, 2014

Sarely

Posted at 2:38 PM on February 5, 2014

Mi video

sallymdunbar (@sallymdunbar)

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 5, 2014

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week…

❀❀❀❀❀❀ℳAX38.­­ℭ­­Oℳ❀❀❀❀❀❀