Bill Nye ‘The Science Guy’ got in a lively debate with Creation Museum founder Ken Ham over the way the world and humans were created on Feb. 4. Read more about their arguments below.
The Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky saw a lot of action on Feb. 4 as the founder argued with scientist Bill Nye over how the earth was created and how we got to where we are today. Bill said that he believes the U.S. will lose credibility as a world leader if creationism, and not evolution, is taught to new generations.
Bill Nye Debate — Scientist Argues Evolution Vs. Ken Ham’s Creation
1. Ken argues that the earth was created 6,000 years ago and believes the Bible tells the story of the creation of the earth and the human race.
2. Bill says that he believes, along with other scientists, that the “Big Bang” theory created the world billions of years ago and that humans evolved over time.
3. Bill says we will not move forward as a nation if we don’t accept science:
“I just want to remind us all there are billions of people in the world who are deeply religious, who get enriched by the wonderful sense of community by their religion. But these same people do not embrace the extraordinary view that the Earth is somehow only 6,000 years old. If we continue to eschew science … we are not going to move forward. We will not embrace natural laws. We will not make discoveries. We will not invent and innovate and stay ahead,” he told the crowd of 800.
Ken Ham Fires Back
4. Ken says Creationism is the “right way to think.”
“Creation is the only viable model of historical science confirmed by observational science in today’s modern scientific era. I believe the word ‘science’ has been high-jacked by secularists.”
5. The event sold out the hall’s 900 seats in two minutes. According to Ham’s organization, Answers in Genesis, 750,000 more streamed the event online.
What do you believe, HollywoodLifers?
– Dory Larrabee