Philip reportedly told a complete stranger that he was a heroin addict, just weeks before he was found dead on his bathroom floor, with a syringe still in his arm.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead on Feb. 1, in his West Village apartment, after a reported six-week heroin binge. He was a self-admitted heroin addict, who had relapsed after managing staying clean for 23 years. Philip was found slumped over on the bathroom floor of his NYC apartment and he had reportedly been laying there for hours.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Told Friends ‘I’m Going To Die’
Philip, who knew he had a lot at stake, reportedly told his friends he was destined to die from the lethal drug, according to TMZ. In December, the Capote actor began injecting himself with heroin and despite going to AA, he couldn’t kick the habit. TMZ is reporting that when asked how bad his addiction was he responded: “If I don’t stop I know I’m gonna die.”
The Oscar-winning actor had been kicked out of his girlfriend, Mimi O’Donnell‘s home, just weeks before his tragic death. Despite reports that claim it was over his infidelity, it’s being reported that Mimi knew he was struggling to stay sober and she wanted him away from their three children, 10-year-old Cooper and daughters Tallulah, 7, and Willa, 5, according to the New York Post.
But Philip had no problem discussing his addiction. When speaking to a stranger at the Sundance Film Festival, Philip allegedly told the individual he was a “heroin addict,” when asked what he did for a living. The stranger reportedly didn’t recognize the actor until he took of his hat.
Philip Found On His Bathroom Floor After Lying Dead For Hours
In the days leading up to his overdose, Philip was said to have looked disheveled and Mimi reportedly thought he was high when she saw him at 2pm the day before his death.
When he was found by his friend, David Bar Katz and his assistant Isabella Wing-Davey, on the floor of his bathroom, he had a syringe still sticking out of his arm. The report in the Daily Mail, claims he had been lying on the bathroom floor of his million-dollar apartment for hours.
Philip: Killed By A Deadly Drug?
65 heroin bags were found in Philip’s apartment, police told ABC News. The bags were stamped with “Ace of Spades” and “Ace of Hearts,” according to CNN, which usually contains heroin and fetanyl, a narcotic pain killer. This is said to be a lethal mix which has killed other users of the drug on the East Coast.
This is incredibly sad and our thoughts are with his family.
— Chloe Melas