Did Jax really change his name when he moved to Los Angeles? Gather round, children, it’s time for Jax History 101.
Following the explosive season finale of Vanderpump Rules, bartender Jax Taylor‘s future as West Hollywood restaurant SUR remains in question — but we’re more curious about his past at the moment. Jax and boss-lady Lisa Vanderpump appeared on the Feb. 3 episode of Watch What Happens Live, and surprise-caller Tom Sandoval dropped a heck of a bomb on the unsuspecting guests.
“Why did you move from Miami to L.A. and change your name from Jason to Jax?” Tom asked, a question that really seemed to irritate his former best friend.
Given that revelation — which we’re hoping will be expanded upon during the two-part Vanderpump Rules reunion — we decided to see what else we could dig up about Jax’s history, using the two best resources at our disposal: the internet, and our weirdly obsessive retention of facts revealed on the show.
Jax Taylor’s Past: Fun Facts About His Life Before ‘Vanderpump Rules’
1. Upon moving to Los Angeles, Jax’s first roommate was none other than Channing Tatum! This was revealed on one of Jax’s prior WWHL appearances, but much to Stassi Schroeder‘s disappointment, nothing physical ever happened between the roomies.
2. During that same appearance on WWHL, Jax also revealed that he lost his virginity at 19. (Honestly, I’m surprised.)
3. Jax has had a warrant out for his arrest since he was 24. It was briefly mentioned in Jan. 2014 episode after Jax spent a weekend in jail.
4. Internet devotees have speculated, perhaps wishfully so, that Jax was once in a relationship with model/actor Vincent de Paul during his time in Miami. This would come as a pretty big surprise to me, though, as Vincent doesn’t meet either of Jax’s sexual requirements: He’s neither a woman, nor an employee at SUR.
5. Jax was in the Army! (What?) Watch our video interview for more on that.
OK, by now, you’ve probably figured out that I don’t know whether or not Jax really changed his name after moving from Miami. However, Tom’s persistence, coupled with Jax’s reaction to the question, has me convinced there’s more to the story than we know.
What do YOU think about Jax’s past, HollywoodLifers? Drop a comment with your take on his pre-SUR existence below!
— Andy Swift