‘The Biggest Loser’ Finale: And The Winner Is…

Tue, February 4, 2014 11:01pm EDT by 233 Comments
Biggest Loser Season 15 Winner
Courtesy of NBC

The biggest night is finally here! Fifteen contestants stepped on the scale for their final weigh-in on the fifteenth season of ‘The Biggest Loser’ —  but of course, only one could win the titular title. Don’t read on if you don’t want to know who won!

The Biggest Loser finale is always a night filled with tears of joy and more skinny bodies than the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, and Feb. 4’s Season 15 finale proved no different. Find out who won below!

‘The Biggest Loser’ Finale: Rachel Fredrickson Crowned Winner Of Season 15

Excuse us, but we’re still drying our eyes as we type…

‘Biggest Loser’ Rachel’s Extreme Weight Loss — How She Went Too Far

‘Biggest Loser’ Tips

After all was said and done, Rachel Frederickson won $250,000 and the title of Biggest Loser. Rachel went from 260 lbs to 105 lbs and looked far too thin if you ask me, but she won either way. The runners up — 43-year old David Brown and 28-year-old Bobby Saleem — looked amazing as they went from 409 to 187 and 358  to 170 lbs, respectively.

Of course, the other contestants looked pretty spectacular as well. Tumi Oguntala won the at-home prize of $100,000 after dropping from 319 to 144, while American Idol alum Ruben Studdard went from 462 to 343.

‘Biggest Loser’ Rachel On Shocking Weight Loss: ‘I Need To Find Balance’

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Did Rachel deserve to win? Do you think she looked too thin? Who was your favorite contestant this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

– Shaunna Murphy

More ‘Biggest Loser’ News:

1. ‘Biggest Loser’s Hannah Curlee & Olivia Ward: What Jillian Michaels Is Really Like
  2. Danni Allen: ‘Biggest Loser’ Winner Training For Chicago Marathon
  3. Tara Costa: ‘Biggest Loser’ Star Sued For Gaining Weight

Dee

Posted at 10:02 AM on February 5, 2014

I was as shocked as everyone else… and you could feel the audiences’ reaction too that she was waaaaaay to thin. She did look anorexic to me. I even saw Jillian sitting next to Bob… and she had a shocked look on her face…and I read her lips when she said “O my God” and sort of buried her face in Bob’s shoulder…. Something needs to be done by Dr. Hyzinga (sp)… I think she is now a very sick person.

Kim Anderson

Posted at 9:32 AM on February 5, 2014

like Louise responded I’m shocked that some people able to get paid $5638 in 1 month on the computer. look at this site

>>>>>> C­H­E­C­K­4­­4.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Amelia

Posted at 9:17 AM on February 5, 2014

I’m happy that Rachel won but she needs to gain at least 20 lbs. She looked great before the finale and now she looks emaciated. I think that the producers need to give cash prizes to the runner-ups to curb excessive weight loss.

JonathonSWinebrenner (@JonathonSWinebr)

Posted at 8:36 AM on February 5, 2014

my buddy’s mother-in-law makes $75 every hour on the computer. She has been out of work for five months but last month her payment was $19193 just working on the computer for a few hours. visit this site………… T­E­C­6­­0.C­O­M

Fran

Posted at 8:30 AM on February 5, 2014

Rachel looks way too thin. She looks better on the show last week

Nora

Posted at 8:08 AM on February 5, 2014

I was so shocked when Rachael came out. She was way too thin. She didn’t need to lose anymore weight. You could even see the shock on the trainers faces as well.

Cwolfe

Posted at 8:06 AM on February 5, 2014

She looked way too thin! Obviously she stopped eating! I was actually grossed out watching the end of the finale. If this is not addressed I will not watch the show anymore!

Kristen

Posted at 7:27 AM on February 5, 2014

Yes! She looked almost anorexic! I think she took it too far in the opposite direction! She did deserve to win because she put her heart and soul into her journey. She won almost every challenge at the ranch. But 105? Really?! That’s a bit extreme!

Another

Posted at 7:18 AM on February 5, 2014

Did Rachel lose too much weight? According to the rules of the show, in order to “win”, she had to lose too much. Let’s do the math. Had she stopped at the lowest, healthy ideal weight for her (~115 pounds), David would have won. Guess there’s a lesson to be learned here.

Wendy

Posted at 6:55 AM on February 5, 2014

I love the show and I LOVE Rachel. She seemed to be quite the athlete but I’m concerned after the finale. When she walked out onstage, she looked frighteningly like Karen Carpenter…she looked older to me than 24 (maybe 44) and so frail. I believe she looked healthier on the show before the finale. Hoping she just lost the extra for the prize $$$ (movie starts lose ridiculous amounts of weight for roles sometimes) and that she will put a few pounds back on. Still, being underweight is a great stress on the heart, right? That’s why I’m concerned.

Angie Wagner

Posted at 4:18 AM on February 5, 2014

She looked anorexic and should not have won. What kind of example was she setting to be underweight? Terrible. She could not even walk up the stairs without tripping on her way to weigh in.

Anne

Posted at 4:08 AM on February 5, 2014

That was shocking. While she was still at the ranch she was only 5 lbs away from being compared to an athlete. She was sick looking being so thin. That was not a good example of the best biggest loser. I was disappointed for this result in all the years of the show. Tumi looked fabulous though.

Heather G

Posted at 3:51 AM on February 5, 2014

As a female that has been struggling to gain weight I was disgusted by the size of Rachael. I am 5’10 140lbs and I think that I am underweight. Rachel looked tree limbs in a dress. I understand that it is a competition but it is also about your health and state of mind. When we last saw her she was 150 why would you go home and loose another 45 that you did not have to loose. You are going to have a eating disorder because you will be scared of bulking up to your previous weight of 260. i hope for her sake that she gets back on-track to maintain a healthy weight.

jena

Posted at 3:22 AM on February 5, 2014

I think that biggest loser does a GREAT job enforcing healthy living and weight loss. I’m sure if Rachael stayed on the ranch in a controlled environment she still would have won through eating right and excercising. My guess is her competitive nature and drive to win (while good intentioned perhaps) pushed her over the edge to where she was either working out too much or not eating enough to match the workouts, or both. I’ve been 105 before and I’m a little talled than her. It’s scary, not healthy, and can really have damaging long term effects.

I hope that biggest loser does recognize this and puts a “max” on the amount of weight contestants can lose, so that underweight contestants would be automatically disqualified.

Devon

Posted at 3:00 AM on February 5, 2014

Seriously they need to make sure Rachel is not on a downward spiral. I was shocked when she walked out. I t was evident on everyone’s face that she was frighteningly thin. She aged ten years in a couple weeks. I hope she knows this is not a good weight for her.

Jamie

Posted at 2:54 AM on February 5, 2014

Rachel looked MUCH too thin. I thought TV was supposed to make you look 10 pounds heavier? To me she looked sickly and underweight. But she does have an professional athletic background, so who knows if she’s just training super hard and eating perfectly. Doesn’t look like it though.

Jamie

Posted at 2:52 AM on February 5, 2014

From almost falling, to her kissing her telegraphic photo of her old self, what was she thinking? She was clearly not with it, I think everyone noticed how unhealthy she looked. I hope that she see’s this as a postive criticism and speaks out agains’t the show.

Jamie

Posted at 2:38 AM on February 5, 2014

Way too thin, I’d like to blaim the tv show… did you see Rachel trip before she got weighed in. She was so frail and looked like she hadn’t had a bite to eat in a while. It’s sad, but that is what they want. I’d hope David and Rachel get a proper meal after this!

Donna

Posted at 2:33 AM on February 5, 2014

Yes, she went overboard by about 20 pounds. Her muscle was gone and she looked anorexic, not fit. Very sad!!

Katrina

Posted at 2:22 AM on February 5, 2014

Nice work Biggest Loser. Now what are you going to do? Let’s award a woman who is clearly anorexic and has developed an eating disorder. She looked so ill and not an image of health in any way, shape or form. So sad. I’d like to hear from the trainers. This should be talked about and not swept under the rug.

Jamie

Posted at 2:42 AM on February 5, 2014

EXACLY….Way to go… I’d hope they address this and find a way or revising the next situation of bigest loser.

Carlye

Posted at 2:18 AM on February 5, 2014

What a shocker!! Poor Rachel looked emancipated! She could barely walk – such a huge disappointed even her beautiful hair was gone. She was my favorite and I had such high hopes to see her glowing and healthy. It’s not that people criticize as much as are worried about how sick she looked and no one did anything to help!! What a joke to say that there was a doctor supervising her! I hope she doesn’t have lifetime health issues later in life from this because money can’t buy health – ask Steve Jobs!

Angela Wheeler Maier

Posted at 7:49 AM on February 5, 2014

I think emaciated is the word you were looking for

Marilyn

Posted at 2:07 AM on February 5, 2014

She’s not perfect if she’s fat and she’s not perfect if she’s skinny. The reactions on here are just examples of the judgemental society we live in. Fat shaming or skinny shaming it’s all the same. We need to start accepting people for who they are – not what they look like.

Miranda

Posted at 9:09 AM on February 5, 2014

No one is criticizing her, they are concerned. As am I. She looks like she has an eating disorder. This is way different from “fat shaming,” this is expressing sincere concern for her health and well-being. She did not look healthy from her skeletal legs with no muscle tone at all to her sunken in face. It was startling and concerning.

rita

Posted at 9:35 AM on February 5, 2014

I agree with you you, even if she had stayed a few Lbs more she would have lost and she really tried hard all the way through the serious, why dont you give her credit, insted of bashing her, all she did was win she lost the weight how quivkly you judge, I am quite sure she will start to fill out as most people do after losing a lot of weight, I was for her all the way she did great and I wish her all the best and as for tripping, OMG she actually tripped on a step, you guys pick at everything she has medical doctors looking after her, get a life

Mags

Posted at 10:32 AM on February 5, 2014

My trainer has been saying it for years that he hates this show. He says that they should not base the winner on just how much weight they lose but by how much muscle is gained and body fat percentage they lose. A lot of people on the show just lose weight and gain no muscle because they starve themselves instead of working out properly and eating a healthy diet. This is a perfect example of someone that took it too far and lost a lot of muscle and now looks so unhealthy. I don’t understand how her family didn’t say anything to her when she was at home.

Amy

Posted at 2:06 AM on February 5, 2014

I thought she looked too skeletal yo be a role model for anyone watching the show. Her face and arms made her look anorexic and unhealthy. She shouldn’t have been rewarded for unhealthy weight loss

Brandi

Posted at 2:38 AM on February 5, 2014

I wanted to cry for her …..and shake the sense into someone on the Biggest Loser who thinks this shock factor makes good tv.

Carol Cox

Posted at 1:58 AM on February 5, 2014

When I worked with seriously ill patients, many of them suffered from “wasting syndrome.” Rachel looks as if she is afflicted with the very same disorder. This poor child looks so unhealthy. This is so harmful to young women in the viewing audience. Will the show or the network have the good sense to address this? To get help for this young woman? To acknowledge that this “result” is not the ideal or the goal for “winners”? Here’s hoping…

Dbh

Posted at 1:57 AM on February 5, 2014

I have an unfortunately great pic of her too skinny self. If only I could upload to show.