‘The Biggest Loser’ Finale: And The Winner Is…

Tue, February 4, 2014 11:01pm EDT by 233 Comments
Biggest Loser Season 15 Winner
Courtesy of NBC

The biggest night is finally here! Fifteen contestants stepped on the scale for their final weigh-in on the fifteenth season of ‘The Biggest Loser’ —  but of course, only one could win the titular title. Don’t read on if you don’t want to know who won!

The Biggest Loser finale is always a night filled with tears of joy and more skinny bodies than the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, and Feb. 4’s Season 15 finale proved no different. Find out who won below!

‘The Biggest Loser’ Finale: Rachel Fredrickson Crowned Winner Of Season 15

Excuse us, but we’re still drying our eyes as we type…

‘Biggest Loser’ Rachel’s Extreme Weight Loss — How She Went Too Far

‘Biggest Loser’ Tips

After all was said and done, Rachel Frederickson won $250,000 and the title of Biggest Loser. Rachel went from 260 lbs to 105 lbs and looked far too thin if you ask me, but she won either way. The runners up — 43-year old David Brown and 28-year-old Bobby Saleem — looked amazing as they went from 409 to 187 and 358  to 170 lbs, respectively.

Of course, the other contestants looked pretty spectacular as well. Tumi Oguntala won the at-home prize of $100,000 after dropping from 319 to 144, while American Idol alum Ruben Studdard went from 462 to 343.

‘Biggest Loser’ Rachel On Shocking Weight Loss: ‘I Need To Find Balance’

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Did Rachel deserve to win? Do you think she looked too thin? Who was your favorite contestant this season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

– Shaunna Murphy

More ‘Biggest Loser’ News:

1. ‘Biggest Loser’s Hannah Curlee & Olivia Ward: What Jillian Michaels Is Really Like
  2. Danni Allen: ‘Biggest Loser’ Winner Training For Chicago Marathon
  3. Tara Costa: ‘Biggest Loser’ Star Sued For Gaining Weight

Jane Goodwin

Posted at 11:42 AM on February 6, 2014

I was happy that she won. But like everyone else, I was shocked at her appearance. My question is how long was it between the last episode (race) and the finale? How did she get so shockingly thin so fast? Sure, she won. It’s a reality show after all. But, for her 5’4″ frame she was about 10 pounds too thin. I hope she just wanted to win so bad she sacrificed. My fear is that she has taken up a worse, more deadly habit to take the place of the over-eating.

Kristin

Posted at 12:14 PM on February 14, 2014

I THINK there is about 3 months between the last week on the ranch and the finale. It’s still a very fast weight loss because 3 months only seems long in Biggest Loser world. But I agree that she was too thin and I was pretty upset when I saw her. I’m also disappointed in the trainers response. They preach not being in denial and accepting face value and they have refused to even comment on it. I am so disappointed in them for being overly political about this matter.

Lil

Posted at 10:15 AM on February 6, 2014

Part of the problem with this end result is that it sends the message that Obesity is not healthy, however, weighing 105 lbs with her bones showing is. There has to be some natural balance here.

My first reaction when she came out the door was that she was now anorexic. At this point, there is no exercise in the world that can help her with the imbalance that is going on in her mind.

This certainly is not the message we want to send out to young people in America. Life without balance gives us these results. Good luck to her!

Lil

Posted at 10:13 AM on February 6, 2014

Part of the problem with this end result is that it sends the message that Obesity is not healthy, however, weighing 105 lbs with skin showing is. There has to be some natural balance here. My first reaction when she came out the door was that she was no anorexic. At this point, there is no exercise in the world that can help her with the imbalance that is going on in her mind.

heather hon

Posted at 8:23 AM on February 6, 2014

She looks great and Not too skinny at all! Good for her……..ppl are jealous if they think she’s too skinny! She has muscle tone and looks good.

Debra Tucker

Posted at 8:01 AM on February 6, 2014

depends on her body fat %…she might want to be low body fat like a marathon runner..

Traci

Posted at 6:44 PM on February 5, 2014

Rachael looked way to thin. Although the Biggest Loser is about losing the most weight (biggest percentage), Tachael looked like a skeleton. Not healthy at all. Tunisia looked perfect and I am happy she won the at home prize.

Jeann

Posted at 5:36 PM on February 5, 2014

Rachel looks horrible. She does not look healthy at all. She looks like a skeleton.

williecstudebaker (@williecstudebak)

Posted at 2:47 PM on February 5, 2014

my friend’s ex-wife makes $86 hourly on the computer . She has been laid off for five months but last month her income was $15592 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go Here…..
D­u­b­3­0.­ℭ­O­M

Jane Goodwin

Posted at 11:46 AM on February 6, 2014

Not what this post is about. Stick to the subject please.

Millie

Posted at 2:27 PM on February 5, 2014

Di9d David and Bobby win any money? as runner ups

Janice D. Andrews (@JaniceDAndrews)

Posted at 2:21 PM on February 5, 2014

I’ve got my FIRST check total of $2224 for one week, pretty cool. working from home saves income in several ways.I love that. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home. here is i started….. F­­B­3­9­.­ℭ­O­M

LC

Posted at 12:55 PM on February 5, 2014

It was disturbing to see Rachel. I have been a fan of hers through her journey this season. I felt the pendulum has tilted to far to the other side with serious concerns that she has an eating disorder. Her arms appeared to have no muscle tone, The camera quickly left Jillian & Bob when she came out, they had to have concerns too? I hope the show addresses this issue.

sallymdunbar (@sallymdunbar)

Posted at 12:53 PM on February 5, 2014

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week…

❀❀❀❀❀❀ℳAX38.­­ℭ­­Oℳ❀❀❀❀❀❀

Peg

Posted at 12:50 PM on February 5, 2014

I love this show however, the winner Rachel took the weight loss to far to earn a paycheck. She was way to thin and I know the trainers on Biggest Loser does NOT encourage this kind of behavior. Shame on you…..I was so grossed out by how you walked on the show with 105 pounds Really? The show needs to re-look and improve what is going on here with people like this young lady…..she needs therapy to get healthy mentally…..I think we have failed the community, the public and yes this young lady- what kind of message did we give other young girls? Not a role model by any means. Good for you that you lost alot of weight and made a nice paycheck, I just really think it could have been handled better.

jamakinmecrazy

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 5, 2014

One thing the show pounds home is that you have to eat to lose. The Biggest Loser needs to get a grip on these contestants and what they are doing to themselves when they get home for that month before the final. It’s ruining what this show is all about and setting up people for sting disorders. Just look at all the comments from the girls here that think Rachel looks awesome.

Linda

Posted at 11:57 AM on February 5, 2014

I agree that many stars and women in the media are very thin. I’m not sure I would actually call most of them anorexic though….I’m disheartened to see the comments that if we say anything negative about Rachel than some people think we are just jealous that she lost this much weight. On the contrary, most of us are sincerely concerned for her and her health. Obviously her family is blind to the extreme measures she took after the triathlon to lose this much weight. Gone was the bubbly, healthy, confident, athletic girl. All I saw was a skeleton that seemed to be so frail and weak she wobbled getting off the scale. This is NOT a role model for young girls and teens. Have you seen the picture of Bob and Jillian in shock when they saw her?? Did you notice that only 1 person from the bench came over to hug her after her win? I watched the replay and the looks of horror from the other contestants tell the rest of the story. You could see her ribs sticking out from her tank top! Common, this is not a normal weight!! Write the show/network and voice your concerns. I’m not going to watch the next season if things don’t come out in the open about this. The network can’t just throw this under the rug. I may even boycott the sponsors of the show. Perhaps that will do the trick. Any other suggestions?

pam mcdowell

Posted at 11:55 AM on February 5, 2014

Rachel Fredrickson looks way too thin and not very healthy. What was the time between her weighing 151 to last nights 105?

Linda

Posted at 12:02 PM on February 5, 2014

I’ve seen anywhere from 30 days to 3 months – although I thought it was around 30 days…

marian

Posted at 8:12 PM on February 5, 2014

I’ve read that the time on the ranch was from late June through October. That would leave just over 3 months, of course, so a weight loss of 15 pounds a month. At a normal-range weight– which 151 would be– that’s a CRAZY amount of weight to lose 3 months in a row. I am a normal-range weight and lost 12 pounds in a month once… when I was going through the drama of a divorce and literally could not eat. I’d make a rough guess that I was getting down an average of only 700 calories a day through that month…

marian

Posted at 8:15 PM on February 5, 2014

Oh! And I WAS actually an anorectic when I was 14. I lost the same amount of weight she did in about the same time period by exercising fanatically and eating about 800 calories per day.

samuel

Posted at 11:45 AM on February 5, 2014

as Carl replied I cannot believe that a stay at home mom able to earn $9596 in a few weeks on the computer . navigate to this site

>>>>>> BAY91.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Nikki

Posted at 11:29 AM on February 5, 2014

you guys are all b—-es for complaining that she lost too much weight. she worked hard and you’re all jealous fat arses. i’m happy for her.

Linda

Posted at 12:07 PM on February 5, 2014

I’d be happy if she looked healthy and not extremely weak and frail. She trippped going up the stairs and wobbled getting off the scale. She looked like she might fall over any minute. I absolutely loved Rachel and was cheering her on throughout the season. She took things a bit too far after the triathlon and was just skin and bones and not athletic looking at all last night. I know she has a competitive spirit and there was $250k on the line but to go to these extremes is sending the wrong message to girls/teens around the world that admired her. I just hope that she doesn’t end up like Karen Carpenter. What a shame…

mom

Posted at 12:20 PM on February 5, 2014

I agree with you!!! Rachel was a great competitor and sure hope they get her the help she needs to get to a healthy weight. I also hope the next season they talk about this and tell how Rachel is doing now. She was all about the win so hopefully she’s okay.

jamakinmecrazy

Posted at 12:20 PM on February 5, 2014

If you think she looks healthy then you don’t know anything about the disease of anorexia. Get educated , it can only help.

Lisa Russo

Posted at 11:28 AM on February 5, 2014

she looks sick

Toni Owen

Posted at 11:06 AM on February 5, 2014

CONGRATULATIONS to Rachel..you go girl! You fought so hard to look as amazing as you do! Congratulations to ALL the Biggest Losers…ALL of you are WINNERS in my eyes! Keep up the GREAT look!

Tim

Posted at 11:05 AM on February 5, 2014

Can you say Anorexia?

Natalie

Posted at 10:56 AM on February 5, 2014

I rooted for Rachel to win…until her big reveal. I was blown away and not in a good way. I just think there is something wrong with rewarding someone who switched one unhealthy life for another. Biggest Loser is supposed to be about getting healthy – which she is not at 5’4″ 105 lbs with an underweight BMI of 18. Being underweight is no healthier than being overweight, and rewarding her sends the message that it is.

B

Posted at 11:27 AM on February 5, 2014

She looks great and is no skinnier than any fitness/actress/model women. Her BMI is 18, and <18.5 is "underweight". So if anything she's *barely* considered underweight. Being a touch underweight is far healthier than being overweight to any degree. You should congratulate and not hate.

jamakinmecrazy

Posted at 12:23 PM on February 5, 2014

People that are worried about what she’s doing to herself are not haters. Anorexia is a disease and can be fatal. You should congratulate those that are willing to speak up about the disease.

Natalie

Posted at 2:37 PM on February 5, 2014

I don’t “hate” her nor am I expressing “hate” for her. I liked Rachel, she was my favorite. Expressing concern over the message that is being sent is different than “hating” on someone. And if you think that is what looks great, I suppose that is your taste. Her face has aged immensely and her beautiful hair is just dull now. I thought she looked great on the episode before. Being underweight is NO healthier than being overweight. Each carries its own risks.

Lynn

Posted at 9:31 PM on February 5, 2014

We are not hating. If we were, we would all be ‘jealous’ of Tumi, Marie and the other contestants who looked wonderful. This is serious….she is not a touch underweight. She is skeletal and it’s extremely sad and scary.

SKDogLover

Posted at 10:23 AM on February 5, 2014

Agree 100 percent that she has gotten way too thin but….1)$250k was at stake, so who can blame her? 2) she is no thinner than many Hollywood types 3) hopefully she will put 20 lbs back on now that the show is over 4) wanting the show to take note of what happened here for future shows (her BMI is supposed off the low end of the charts). Wishing all of the contestants the very best.

Note: Ruben has been at this weight before after going through a university-sponsored program and then going vegan — and gained it all back. He was among the least successful of this season’s losers so hopefully he truly has changed his lifestyle. He needs to lose another 100 lbs to get his diabetes under control.