Wine, Louis Vuitton, and Christie Brinkley — yes, these are three things that definitely get better with age! On Feb. 2, the model is turning 60, but you would never know!
Christie Brinkley may be a mom of three, but she still has the glow she had on Sports Illustrated when she covered the mag in 1979, ’80, and ’81! In a new interview, the blonde bombshell not only shares how she keeps that timeless look, but also why she’s chosen to pose in a one-piece for her new shoot!
Christie Brinkley’s Timeless Beauty & Body At 60
With three children — Alexa Ray Joel, 28, Jack Brinkley-Cook, 18, and Sailor Brinkley-Cook, 15, the mother revealed that she doesn’t wear a bikini when out with them.
“My kids would be so embarrassed!” People‘s cover girl told the mag. “In private I may wear a bikini, but at the public beach with my kids I would change bathing suits because they do not want to be hanging out with some old broad in a bikini.”
However, with that body, she should totally embrace it. So, how does she do it? Well, it’s all about eating right and having fun with workouts. Here’s five tips she shared in the mag on how she stays looking so young:
1. Exfoliate Daily: “I’ve done it since I read that guys look give years younger because they shave,” she told the mag — and her skin always looks amazing!
2. Embrace Getting Older: “Eyebrows can thin as we age. I use pencil and powder,” she said about her makeup routine. “We’ve used [hair extensions] in the fashion industry for years. They’re good if your hair is getting thinner or you just want to feel luxurious. I only have a few gray hairs where I part my hair… I’m going to switch my part to the other side!”
2. Make Working Out Fun: “I’ll run or do weights, and I do at least 10 minutes a day on my Total Gym machine,” she said. However, it’s important to have fun and mix it up! “I got hooked on SoulCycle this summer and during my Christmas vacation, I did yoga. I credit doing Chicago on Broadway for my legs [but] I do leg lifts while brushing my teeth!”
3. Three Meals A Day: “I like to start my day with coffee and coconut milk hazlenut creamer,” she explained. “Then I have sheep’s milk yogurt with fruit, wheat germ and Anutra (– a supplement full of omega 3 antioxidants and fiber). Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner: beans, veggies.”
4. Snack Healthy!: “My snack is melon and walnuts, and I recently discovered PurePrana (an energy-boosting drink). If I’m craving something sweet, I’ll drink cold coconut water. That quenches it for me,” she revealed.
Christie Always Wants To Send A Posive Message
While she may have gotten famous for her amazing body and looks in her modeling days, she’s happy that with age, she can also bring wisdom — teaching young women what real beauty is.
“I never would would have imagined this is how I would be celebrating my 60th …But Thank you PEOPLE Magazine for hopefully sending the message that with proper diet , exercise ,and joie de vie, every Birthday is cause for Celebration!” she wrote on Instagram on Jan. 29.
What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Does Christie look better than ever?
– Emily Longeretta
More Amazing Bodies:
- Jennifer Lopez On Her Famous Body: ‘I’m Incredibly Disciplined’
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum Flaunts Her Post-Baby Body In Sexy, See-Through Dress
- Matthew McConaughey: Why He Loves His ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Body