Ariana Grande ‘Practically In Tears’ After Haters Mocked Grammys Hair

Tue, January 28, 2014 9:43am EDT by 74 Comments 67,764 Article Views

Ariana almost left the 2014 Grammy Awards on Jan. 26 after she checked Twitter and saw people making fun of her hair and outfit on the carpet! See what happened next below.

“She’s still not completely comfortable on carpets and she made the mistake of looking at Twitter,” a source told E!’s Marc Malkin. “This blogger attacked her dress but also went after her hair and then more people started piling on. It was just mean. Ariana was like, ‘Why am I even here?'” See how Ariana Grande responded to the major hair diss!

Ariana Grande’s Grammys Hair — Why She Got So Upset

“Ariana has learned not to look at Twitter. She’s young. She’s learning to grow thicker skin,” the source continued to E!

Poor Ari! We thought she looked so amazing! In fact, we’ve been a huge fan of hers for a long time!

Grammys 2014 Best Dressed

Ariana Explains Her Trademark Hairstyle

On Jan. 19, Ariana took to Instagram to break it down:

“Since people give me such a hard time about my hair I thought I’d take the time to explain the whole situation to everybody.

I had to bleach my hair and dye it red every other week for the first four years of playing Cat [on Victorious]…as one would assume, that completely destroyed my hair. I now wear a wig on Sam & Cat. My real hair is back to brown and I wear extensions but I wear it in a ponytail because my actually hair is so broken that it looks absolutely ratchet and absurd when I let it down.

I tried wigs, they looked RIDICULOUS. Tried a weave because I am working on a new project and want to try some different looks and literally wanted to rip my scalp off.

So as annoying as it is for y’all to have to look at the same hairstyle all the time, it’s all that works for now (AND I’m comfortable for the first time in years). And trust me, it’s even more difficult for me to have to wait forever for my natural hair to grow back and to have to wear more fake hair than every drag queen on earth combined. So PLEASE gimme a break about the hair (or just don’t look at me lol). IT’S JUST HAIR AFTER ALL. There are way way way more important things. Love ya’ll very much.”

Do you think it’s mean haters were making fun of Ariana at the Grammys, HollywoodLifers?

– Dory Larrabee

More Ariana Grande News:

1. Ariana Grande: Ignore The Haters — Four Times We’ve Loved Your Hair
  2. Ariana Grande Dyes Her Hair Blonde — Love It? Vote
  3. Ariana Grande’s Subtle Before & After Style Change — See Her New Hair

Ariana grande

Posted at 1:20 PM on July 27, 2014

Thank you to all of you guys!!!!

Hailey

Posted at 12:08 AM on July 22, 2014

And Evelin!!!!! Just because ariana grande is better than you doesn’t mean you have to shoot her down get your own life and ariana if you do read this you are beatiful and don’t even listen to all the haters you are talented and have a great career they just say those things because they are jealous!

Hailey

Posted at 12:00 AM on July 22, 2014

And ariana I’m sure is more pretty than all you guys

Hailey

Posted at 11:55 PM on July 21, 2014

Ariana grande is so beautiful and talented I’m her biggest fan and will stand up for her about anything so all you haters out there that have somthing to say about ariana grande keep it to your self unless it’s nice!!!!! This got me really mad!!!:( she is super nice and loves everybody!!!! Wish you all were the same!

ahmarri

Posted at 8:55 AM on July 23, 2014

wow hailey

Brionna SHaw

Posted at 12:24 AM on June 27, 2014

Ariana is so pretty and I love her hair and they are just haters and if you don’ like her hair then keep it to your selfs haters are going to hate some people like your hair and some people don’t i would not focus on the things people don’t like and focus on the things people do like i am your number one fan bye the way

2saucy2handle

Posted at 3:46 PM on June 26, 2014

I’m 15 and I don’t know much about what stars have to go through. I believe it’s all part of human nature to find who we are and see the real people meaning the ones who can accept our differences. I believe Ariana grande and ALL the other stars who get picked on are our biggest role models. Only because that when they get so much hate they still continue to do what they love and it’s a lot if pressure for them to impress everyone. We are all people born with flaws and special talent. We were all born to be who we are, to be how we want and to look the way we like. It shouldn’t matter on someone else’s opinion wither than yours because it’s your body, your skin and mind. Ariana you’re beautiful and greatly gifted and I just hope the world with the haters in it can leave to respect your decisions, cause you can’t please everybody xo :) …one more thing, to everyone who think it’s allowed to judge and discriminate on how someone look, it’s not. It’s not at all. We’ve all been told this once in our lives: “if you don’t have something nice to say don’t say it at all and don’t judge a book by its covers.” If someone is doing something that is actually illegal or very ignorant then help that person out, she’d some light on them instead of hating inn them cause that only makes them feel bad about themselves. Let’s not think of our insecurities as a bad thing, instead think of it as a part d you, the way you are and the way you are is unique so let’s keep it that way <3 :3

Breonna

Posted at 8:29 PM on June 16, 2014

I honestly think Ariana is a beautiful person, and if people are hating on her it’s because they’re jealous.
I have the same situation going on here (No lie) and I wear pony tail extensions, too. But losing hair or not, I feel everyone is beautiful and hair is such a little detail when you think about it..So although she won’t ever read this message, I just want her to know that she is beautiful, (The most beautiful person I’ve ever seen, no lie) and that she needs to forget about the haters and remember the lovers, because there is a large majority that do love you, Ari.

Clara

Posted at 7:16 PM on June 7, 2014

Please don’t make fun of Ariana Grande because she is beautiful no matter what anyone says. Some people are/aren’t beautiful on the outside, but everyone is beautiful on the inside. In conclusion, don’t let people judge you on the outside, because they don’t no how beautiful you really are in the inside.

Anna

Posted at 9:34 PM on June 2, 2014

Silly that she can’t just have hair that isn’t half-way to her buttcrack. I don’t understand why long hair is necessary, more beautiful or somehow more feminine. It seems she’s just perpetuating a detrimental misconception.

Evelin

Posted at 10:57 PM on May 28, 2014

Ariana Grande is a dumb slut who sounds like she is 14 years old. If she reads this I hope she just kills herself as soon as humanly possible. You don’t deserve to live for being such a terrible person.

Molly

Posted at 10:32 PM on May 31, 2014

What the hell did she ever did to you??!!???

Nikki

Posted at 1:03 AM on June 6, 2014

you need Jesus

ahmarri

Posted at 8:56 AM on July 23, 2014

ok

Josh

Posted at 8:07 AM on July 30, 2014

i’m not a big fan of ariana grande’s music or her shows either but you have no business calling her a terrible person after telling her to kill herself. that makes you a far worse person wanting someone to commit suicide.

liz

Posted at 11:46 AM on May 13, 2014

No one has addressed the real question- which is WHY had she been bleaching her hair to go red? To achieve that shade of red she could have used a single process color with like 20 volume developer. It’s not color that require a drastic amount of lift. Maybe it would have come out one shade darker, but absolutely healthier- and would not need to be colored every other week, only touched up. Any stylist could tell you that.

rhoda

Posted at 10:35 AM on May 11, 2014

The thing is i’m going through the exact same thing.. my hair is completly broken and people always talk talk talk when i wear weave but its not my fault… my hairs taking forever to grow back

Hollyberry

Posted at 12:21 AM on May 6, 2014

Ariana you a beautiful..don’t let people get to you.Ppl are just jealous so they try to tear you down:)

karina

Posted at 10:07 PM on May 3, 2014

I love u very much and ppl plz quit making fun of her hair. after all wigs real hair or weaves hair iz hairl I love u very much

Callie

Posted at 7:22 PM on April 29, 2014

FAKE! She just wants attention! I hate her very much!

Lucy

Posted at 7:23 PM on April 29, 2014

I agree, she is so stupid and annoying!

essie

Posted at 3:36 PM on May 4, 2014

I feel like the both of you just represent all the people in this world that are jealous of what people can earn when they work for it, maybe if you tried to set a goal you’d be on her side instead of against it. You would look like you really didn’t care if you didn’t reply at all and kept your thoughts to yourself.

lilyona

Posted at 7:29 PM on June 14, 2014

no she’s not ur just jelous

Lena

Posted at 2:07 PM on April 30, 2014

How you can hate her, she did something to you? Actually, I don’t listen to her music, I prefer other kind of music (like Pink Floyd, Pixies…), but her look is inspiring for me, and I respect other artists even how they annoy me. It’s just.. childish. For example I really don’t like others music and another people annoy me, but I know that it’s just infliction of pain. If somebody want to listen, watch or even look at her.. LET IT BE! And don’t be a douchebag please.

Isel

Posted at 9:51 PM on June 24, 2014

you’re both stupid to be honest, if she wants to do that okay it’s her life you shouldnt care about it. plus put yourself in her situation, what if that happened to you and not her… would you like someone to tell you all those things. please people you guys need to use common sense, think before you act and before you judge someone, you guys dont know what she’s gone through. it’s not that I’m defending her cause she can do that by herself but it’s actually really stupid from y’all to be saying crap about her when you dont know anything about her personal life.

Rebekah Cawley

Posted at 7:22 PM on April 21, 2014

Your hair is amazing I am jealous people say that becasue they are jealous don’t listen to them!!xx

Gracie james

Posted at 8:10 AM on April 11, 2014

I love your hair and it is horrible that people are being mean about it egnore them and have your hair however you want because it is completely up to you what you do with your hair it looks nice.

Emma_Gait_Bear

Posted at 7:11 PM on April 4, 2014

Ariana Joan Grande is beautiful in every way…. no matter what people say , she is very , very ,very ,VERY!?!?!? Nice I even got to meet her , she is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! And it breaks my heart to hear all the hurtful , and hateful things people and haters say. Stop hatin and open up your eyes :)