Ariana Grande ‘Practically In Tears’ After Haters Mocked Grammys Hair

Tue, January 28, 2014 9:43am EST by 105 Comments 31,504 Article Views

Ariana almost left the 2014 Grammy Awards on Jan. 26 after she checked Twitter and saw people making fun of her hair and outfit on the carpet! See what happened next below.

“She’s still not completely comfortable on carpets and she made the mistake of looking at Twitter,” a source told E!’s Marc Malkin. “This blogger attacked her dress but also went after her hair and then more people started piling on. It was just mean. Ariana was like, ‘Why am I even here?'” See how Ariana Grande responded to the major hair diss!

Ariana Grande’s Grammys Hair — Why She Got So Upset

“Ariana has learned not to look at Twitter. She’s young. She’s learning to grow thicker skin,” the source continued to E!

Poor Ari! We thought she looked so amazing! In fact, we’ve been a huge fan of hers for a long time!

Grammys 2014 Best Dressed

Ariana Explains Her Trademark Hairstyle

On Jan. 19, Ariana took to Instagram to break it down:

“Since people give me such a hard time about my hair I thought I’d take the time to explain the whole situation to everybody.

I had to bleach my hair and dye it red every other week for the first four years of playing Cat [on Victorious]…as one would assume, that completely destroyed my hair. I now wear a wig on Sam & Cat. My real hair is back to brown and I wear extensions but I wear it in a ponytail because my actually hair is so broken that it looks absolutely ratchet and absurd when I let it down.

I tried wigs, they looked RIDICULOUS. Tried a weave because I am working on a new project and want to try some different looks and literally wanted to rip my scalp off.

So as annoying as it is for y’all to have to look at the same hairstyle all the time, it’s all that works for now (AND I’m comfortable for the first time in years). And trust me, it’s even more difficult for me to have to wait forever for my natural hair to grow back and to have to wear more fake hair than every drag queen on earth combined. So PLEASE gimme a break about the hair (or just don’t look at me lol). IT’S JUST HAIR AFTER ALL. There are way way way more important things. Love ya’ll very much.”

Do you think it’s mean haters were making fun of Ariana at the Grammys, HollywoodLifers?

– Dory Larrabee

More Ariana Grande News:

1. Ariana Grande: Ignore The Haters — Four Times We’ve Loved Your Hair
  2. Ariana Grande Dyes Her Hair Blonde — Love It? Vote
  3. Ariana Grande’s Subtle Before & After Style Change — See Her New Hair

kathy

Posted at 10:11 PM on December 3, 2014

i love arianas hair its what most want

Ariana grande

Posted at 4:53 PM on November 30, 2014

I don’t let those haters get to me

Ariana grande

Posted at 4:51 PM on November 30, 2014

I’m proud of myself! I am so glad I have fans like all of you guys!! I love you guys!! XX

I love ariana

Posted at 12:32 PM on November 22, 2014

Poor Ariana it must of been a hard time to go through I think she looks adorable and pretty with her half up ponytail

lovee

Posted at 7:32 PM on November 21, 2014

Don’t listen to haters and girl your ponitale is always beautiful lovee ya

Lucy

Posted at 5:40 PM on November 21, 2014

Arr bless Ariana is beautiful with her half up hairstyle. I don’t imagine why people think she is fake and ugly but I believe in her. Team Ariana!

Wadee

Posted at 7:44 PM on November 20, 2014

Ari your so beautiful
Don’t listen to the haters
I always love ya

SUMMER

Posted at 7:36 PM on November 20, 2014

Hi Ari don’t listen to those haters your always beautiful love you bye

krillin

Posted at 3:06 PM on November 15, 2014

Lol, She has no idea that she lost. Instead of being confident in who she is and the decisions she made, she felt the need to defend herself. Why? You don’t need to explain why/how you wear your hair to anyone. You are at the Grammy’s for the honor, not so everyone on social media can see you and critique your appearance. Instead of crying because people don’t like the way you look, how about smile because while they are at home being judgmental, YOU ARE AT THE GRAMMY’S.

Of course, this could all just mean that she is it too immature to handle the pressure of spotlight.

Presley

Posted at 3:07 PM on October 27, 2014

Wow, people can be cruel… but don’t let that get the better of you. You’re beatiful and don’t listen to all the haters. Love ya Ari :-)

Kitty

Posted at 12:00 PM on October 23, 2014

I was actually Searching for “why does my cat attack my ponytail” and this page came up. I don’t know why Google thinks this child’s problem is relevant. On the other note, all celebs have haters, get over yourself.

Lucy

Posted at 3:31 AM on November 22, 2014

Ikr all the celebs have fans and haters but I love Ariana and that makes me a fan

memorias usb personalizadas medellin

Posted at 3:45 AM on October 4, 2014

Tyla

Posted at 5:35 PM on September 18, 2014

Your so mean

Raphael

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 10, 2014

Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other
then that, superb blog!

phibe

Posted at 2:54 PM on November 5, 2014

i love you ari don’t listen to those haters