‘HIMYM': The Mother Reveals How She Met Ted On 200th Episode

Mon, January 27, 2014 8:30pm EDT by 13 Comments
How I Met Your Mother 200th Episode
Courtesy of CBS

Mark Daniels

Posted at 10:33 AM on January 28, 2014

You’ll recall that HIMYM’s 100th episode (“Girls versus Suits”) was one of the best ever – a big song and dance number at the end, and throughout there were more “Mother” clues than ever before; all that packed into one great milestone episode. When I saw that this was episode #200 and it had the tantalizing title “How Your Mother Met Me,” I knew we were in for a terrific episode. Carter and Bays didn’t disappoint. It was fantastic! I was geeking-out through the whole thing, loving how the clues from earlier seasons were getting dropped into place at last. Overall, I’m disappointed with how the season is being handled, but episode #200 will go down as one of my top five HIMYM eps ever. Funny how I’ve loved and followed the show for 8.5 seasons, and suddenly a character I’ve essentially just met is my favorite character of all – I’m actually DISAPPOINTED with episodes that don’t contain a good amount of Cristin Milioti!

pdh

Posted at 10:08 AM on January 28, 2014

i was too disappointed. it said it was going to tell us how they met!!! they didnt even meet in this episode! i hate cliff hangers or waiting

Brad

Posted at 9:22 AM on January 28, 2014

I was definitely unsatisfied. They said, hey, the mom’s gonna tell the story of how SHE met Ted. It’s the 200th episode, big deal here, big deal there. I was really humored that Mitch’s Naked Man 2 out of 3 time thing started because of the mom and that Barney actually nailed a friend of the mom’s, haha. But still, I found the whole relationship with Max and Louis really heartbreaking. Other than the backstory of learning about Mitch, Barney, and Max, and her singing, I found little to be excited for. Besides, why is it that we still don’t even know her name? Cindy couldn’t say it, Louis couldn’t, not her friends, not Mitch? This is a total drag.

Maria

Posted at 8:02 AM on January 28, 2014

Why is Cindy described as dearly departed??? Did I miss anything???

Shaunna Murphy

Posted at 8:48 AM on January 28, 2014

Haha, no, just that we miss her on the show!

Fiona Dimple

Posted at 7:57 AM on January 28, 2014

my neighbor’s sister-in-law makes $83 every hour on the internet . She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her check was $18393 just working on the internet for a few hours. look at here now

>>>>>> BAY91.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Cheryle G. Sankey

Posted at 2:10 AM on January 28, 2014

IT’S A NEW YEAR TIME FOR A NEW JOBS!!! Start working from your home and make $90/h… Only basic computer skills needed and reliable internet connection… Get your first weekly check at the end of this week… Stop wasting time and start now… Sign up at following address ★★★★★ W­­W­­W.­­V­­O­­X­­­­J­­O­­B.­­C­­O­­M­­

Jim the TV Guy

Posted at 1:00 AM on January 28, 2014

It’s becoming horrifically obvious that Future Ted has been telling this decade-long story to his kids because The Mother *died*, and he’s remembering what it was like all those years before he met her. The final episode is going to be oh-so-predictably weepy after the Big Reveal, and this last season has been telegraphing that trajectory for weeks.There isn’t going to be a “How I Met Your Father” show next season because that’s just the CBS publicity department head-faking a future for the late Mother.

Lana

Posted at 4:21 AM on January 28, 2014

How I Met Your Father has already been green lit and will have a completely different cast.

Melanie

Posted at 12:00 AM on January 28, 2014

I thought it was perfect. She’s the perfect mix of every character on the show. Loved seeing how she had to miss meeting ted all those times because she was not ready to love him. We always ask why has it taken so long? Well that’s why. Ted was ready 9 years ago, but his perfect fit wasn’t ready yet. LOVED IT :)

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:49 PM on January 27, 2014

………in the brothel where she worked.

Lukas

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 27, 2014

it took Ted 8 and a half seasons to tell his tale yet it took the mother only one episode, but needless to say, I will miss this show and everyone in it.

fata

Posted at 10:44 PM on January 27, 2014

exactly my thinking. Just one episode for her? it felt so rushed!