‘Good Luck Charlie’ Introduces Disney Channel’s First Same-Sex Couple

Mon, January 27, 2014 11:14am EST by 1,382 Comments

Watch ‘Good Luck Charlie’ make television history, introducing the network’s first lesbian couple.

Some sitcoms go out with a whimper, but not Good Luck Charlie! On the Disney Channel comedy’s penultimate episode — the two-part series finale airs Feb. 16 — viewers were introduced to Susan and Cheryl, the first confirmed same-sex couple ever to appear on the kid-oriented network.

“Taylor has two moms!” proclaimed Bob (Eric Allan Kramer), upon meeting the two women, to which sassy wife Amy (Leigh Allyn Baker) responded, “Wow! Nothing gets past you, Bob.”

This is a huge move for Disney Channel, which has never featured an openly gay character, much less a same-sex couple — no matter what everyone may have speculated about High School Musical‘s Ryan Evans.

The icing on the cake for HollywoodLife.com was seeing Awkward star Desi Lydic as one of the moms!

Disney Channel Aims To ‘Reflect Themes Of Diversity And Inclusiveness’

Though the introduction of a lesbian couple is, naturally, being met with some opposition from conservative watch groups, Disney Channel stands by its decision. The characters were meant to reflect today’s world, as many viewers are young children with same-sex parents.

“This particular storyline was developed under the consultancy of child development experts and community advisors,” a spokesperson for Disney Channel said when the casting was first announced in June 2013. “Like all Disney Channel programming, it was developed to be relevant to kids and families around the world and to reflect themes of diversity and inclusiveness.”

HollywoodLifers, are you glad that Disney Channel took this huge step in introducing its first same-sex couple to viewers? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the network’s bold move below.

— Andy Swift

More Disney Channel News:

1. ‘Girl Meets World’ Officially Ordered — First Look At Cory & Topanga
  2. ‘Shake It Up’ Series Finale: CeCe Loses Her Memory On Final Episode
  3. Debby Ryan Opens Up About ‘Jessie’, Her Upcoming Album & Beauty Tips

Carla

Posted at 1:06 AM on January 30, 2014

Just another reason to turn off the TV and get rid of the Disney Channel.

Amy

Posted at 11:11 AM on January 30, 2014

Exactly Carla, I don’t understand the bashing stating we’re ignorant and sheltering our children by not letting them watch this. It’s my choice and my children. I am doing them a favor by not exposing them to this unacceptable “modern” family

Kayla

Posted at 12:27 AM on January 30, 2014

I am so sick and tired of people using the bible to defend their stupid homophobia, saying that it is a choice and that it is a moral sin. I am straight. I go to church every week, i volunteer at the church every Monday and Wednesday as well. I also hang out every Monday with my bi-sexual friend who wants to date this boy, i go to the bar with my gay friend who also just happens to be a drag queen, or go to dinner with my lesbian friend and her girlfriend.
Believe it or not people… homosexuality is not the only thing not allowed in the bible. How many people do you know that are divorced? Guess what.. that’s one of the biggest sins of all, violates pretty much every one of the ten commandments.
Hair is not allowed to be cut short if you go by each rule that the bible states.
You have to be very strict on what you eat by the rules of the bible. No meats, no fats, no birds. shall i continue?
No working on Sunday
No football – goes with the no meat thing.. not only can you eat it. you cant handle it as well (also fits into no working on Sunday as well as they’re getting paid millions of dollars)
No tattoos
No polyester or any fabric blends
No wearing gold
No eating shellfish.
No Shaving
You could own as many slaves as you wanted/ could afford
No cursing
No gossip
And i wont even go into how you’re supposed to treat women…
I could go on but i’ll spare you the humiliation, however… i would like to ask you… when did you choose to become straight?
I’ll humor you… let’s say it was a choice…
If it was the other way around and being straight was the “sin” do you honestly think that people would deliberately choose to be called “fags” “queers” and what ever other names you can come up with? Do you thing they want to be subject to this torture you are all putting them through?
I want you to thing about this…. You say that you are going to stop letting your children watch Disney because they did this. Did you stop watching Big Bang Theory when you found out Jim Parsons was gay? How about How I Met Your Mother and NPH? How is that any different? Just because they are not showing it on screen? How about the reverse? Glee? Darren Criss (Blane) is not actually gay but he plays a gay character on television. How is that any different than this?

1964Nickel (@1964Nickel)

Posted at 1:54 AM on January 30, 2014

You got a lot right, but the Sabbath isn’t on Saturday, so very few Christians even follow that rule anyway. In fact, if you talk to a Christian, they’ll tell you they’re sinners who DO commit sins they wish they didn’t commit. I actually have a problem with the people condemning Disney right now, not because I disagree that it’s a sin, but because they forget the number one axom “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” Another attitude many find condescending, I know, but there you have it. But then, I’m not about to throw stones at anyone for doing something I know is against the Bible, when don’t follow all the rules either. It would be hypocritical of me to do otherwise.

sam

Posted at 12:02 AM on January 30, 2014

Okay to all you nay sayers you should all be ashamed. The only thing you see wrong with gays and lesbians and what not is that the bible says it is wrong. The bible also agreed with slavery and said if a man rapes you, you have to marry him. It was written a long time ago and it has evolved because society has evolved I hope all of your children become gay to show you that who they love doesn’t matter it is what makes them happy that does they are not harming you or anyone else. You should all be ashamed for commenting such harsh things and disproving something that has nothing to do with you so why should you care! LBGT LOVE IS LOVE maybe you should learn that from your precious bible!

J. V. Williams

Posted at 8:59 PM on January 29, 2014

Good business move by Disney. Unfortunately, our eternal life [or death], is not based on business deals but by obedience to God and His Word.

Beth

Posted at 8:26 PM on January 29, 2014

This is a beautiful thing. Humans are allowed to love other humans, it happens, it’s natural, and I’m sorry but to all you disgustingly bigoted mothers out there trying to teach your children to be biased and hateful and discriminatory, well I feel sorry that you think that way, that you’re mind is so closed off to love. And I feel sorry for your children for having the misfortune of having you as a parent and I only hope they can break free of the chains of ignorance you want to tie them down with.

Amy

Posted at 9:12 PM on January 29, 2014

My children are fortunate to have me as their mother in that I am teaching them wrong from right. It’s that simple. I’m not teaching them to hate or discriminate but that this is wrong in the eyes of God and I do not support it. Never will. I don’t want to watch this perverted mess on every channel on TV

sam

Posted at 11:57 PM on January 29, 2014

You should be ashamed there was nothing perverted about that

Beth

Posted at 2:05 AM on January 30, 2014

What a wonderful world you must live in where you get to make up the definitions to words. It must be lovely to believe in such complete nonsense, and be so willfully ignorant and blinded by hatred that you justify with twisting words. You’re a sad, sad example of humanity, as are every one of you on here hiding behind an outdated book of fairy tales. Your poison has a cure, and this show is part of that cure. Praise Disney for fighting against your kind with love and acceptance.

Beth

Posted at 2:10 AM on January 30, 2014

And by the way…if you don’t like the mess on TV, why don’t you sell your TV and give the money to the poor like Jesus taught you to? Why don’t you spend the time you’d spend watching it, reading your Bible, ALL PARTS of your Bible, and read up on ALL the things you’re supposed to be condemning, like shellfish, and females on their periods, and working on the sabbath. While you’re at that, you should go protest everyone you know that’s had a divorce, and make sure you stone to death those that wear clothing made from more than one fabric.

Practice what’s in your sacred book, and let’s see how Christian you really are.

Sami

Posted at 8:17 PM on January 30, 2014

While I agree that we Christians should be consistent in our argument, I believe many people on both sides here are debating with false information. Women on their periods, clothing of two cloths, shellfish, hooved animals, AND homosexuality are all sins condemned under the Old Testament. While those who have accepted Christ into their hearts are living under the New covenant which preaches grace and forgiveness and purity to all who believe and accept Christ as their savior. While many of those Christians here seem to be ignorant of the true worth that has been given them through Christ, you also should know that those Old testament laws (including those about homosexuality) are no longer relevant. While all of these things may very well be sin, if one accepts Christ, their sin is not seen by the eyes of God.
Why are we here preaching hate and claiming Christ at the same time? God is love. Sin is sin. And all sin is washed clean by Jesus. The hate in the world today makes my stomach turn.
Those of you here being attacked by us Christians please know that not everything you hear from the mouth of man is as intended by God. If you turn to Jesus you will not be turned away. Not for anything. No sin is greater than God. We should be spreading the true gospel and using this as a doorway to lead people to Christ regardless of the sin in their lives. This could be a wonderful awakening and many professed Christians are grossly misusing this situation. Minister, spread love, don’t turn more and more from Christ because of your personal dislike or misguidance. Please Lord help those who know you to realize the greatness of their actions, and please God use those who understand your message of love and acceptance to bring the lost to you. Not to change their life style or who they are, but to lead them to you regardless of sin. None is without sin, please stop allowing your people to turn the lost away because of their blindness…

God bless each and everyone of you here. Especially those spreading hatred in the name of God.
Lord, forgive them, they know not what they do.

Amen.

Liza

Posted at 8:03 PM on January 29, 2014

It is a great tv show, sadly my kids are not allowed to watch it anymore. I respect gays, but I do not want my kids to look at them as something normal or normal for them to have kids when biologically it is imposible for them to be sexually together to procreate, if my kids watch that kind of programs they will get confuse about what I amteaching them that is that there have to be a mommy and a daddy who loves each other very much in order to have a baby, 2 mommys or 2 daddys cant be together and have babies

John

Posted at 8:32 PM on January 29, 2014

I highly respect your decision to protect your children from Disney’s attempt at making “The Immoral” the norm. Disney goes beyond the themes of diversity and inclusiveness in their attempt to evangelize are children and grandchildren. This is part of the gay lesbian agenda.

Allesandra the Lesbo

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 29, 2014

Excuse me but my agenda is to have lots of awesome gay sex. Good luck with your bible life!

Cyndi

Posted at 3:28 PM on January 30, 2014

This needs to be up to the parents to teach not Disney. It’s not right for Disney to show our kids this crap not isn’t normal. If it was normal the world would come to an end cause two people as same sex can’t make babies. So this crap isn’t normal. It isn’t what we are meant to do. I’m sorry. Do what you want I don’t care. I don’t hate gay people at all but I will not teach my kids this is ok.

sam

Posted at 11:55 PM on January 29, 2014

saying you “don’t hate gays” and then saying that its not natural is wrong. And sort of contradicting yourself you should be ashamed!

Carla

Posted at 1:13 AM on January 30, 2014

Homosexuals are the contradiction…and there’s nothing to be ashamed of when you are protecting your children from gay and lesbian agenda.

Cyndi

Posted at 3:33 PM on January 30, 2014

No it isn’t wrong. I don’t hate Gays at all. Do what you want I don’t care its your life. No one should stop you BUT don’t throw it in our faces likes its ok and expect us to deal with it. But its just not normal if it was same sex people could make babies. Maybe you should be ashamed of yourself.

Amy

Posted at 7:55 PM on January 29, 2014

This is so disgusting. So tired of this queer crap bein crammed down our throats!!!! No matter how many organizations they get together and how long they want to parade around and act like this is the new normal….. This perverse way of living will never be accepted and never be right!!! They should make a queer island where they all should live Then they couldn’t reproduce and eventually would become extinct I shouldn’t have to explain to my kids about this. The only explaining I have done is how gross and wrong this is!

Tabbie

Posted at 10:36 PM on January 29, 2014

read the older comments and find mine. take a minute to read it. I think you’d enjoy it.

Kayla

Posted at 12:02 AM on January 30, 2014

Serioulsy? Queer Island? What the hell is wrong with you? Im pretty sure instead of your horrible idea.. you should get your own island of down right close minded pig headdedness

sam

Posted at 12:04 AM on January 30, 2014

I hope your children become gay or lesbian you disgusting human being!

Amy

Posted at 10:41 AM on January 30, 2014

I hope you burn in hell with the rest of the perverts

Rachel

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 29, 2014

It saddens me that anyone can turn their back on Disney due to this. Regardless of your religious beliefs, this is the 21st century. Maybe the Bible does not condone homosexuality, but it also advocates slavery. Does that mean that the emancipation of slaves was “un-Christian?” No, because as society advances, our interpretations of the ancient texts must also evolve. Love is love. I have often found that children understand this far better than most adults do. It is each parent’s individual choice whether or not to allow their child to view this episode, but watching it can only make them more tolerant, understanding, open-minded people. Ignoring it will surely put them at a disadvantage morally and educationally. Love is love. I support Disney.

L Stephens

Posted at 6:49 PM on January 29, 2014

I dislike that this network has chosen to introduce same sex relationships to this perfectly good show. My beliefs stand from what the Bible says to be true, which is the union between a man and a woman. I do not want to offend anyone but do not want my kids watching something that goes against our beliefs. My children love this show but I’m not sure we will continue watching it.

Marcus

Posted at 7:07 PM on January 29, 2014

I feel truly sorry for you, and especially your children.

Kayla

Posted at 11:59 PM on January 29, 2014

I am so sick and tired of people using the bible to defend their stupid homophobia. I go to church every week, i volunteer at the church every Monday and Wednesday as well. I also hang out every Monday with my bi-sexual friend who wants to date this boy, i go to the bar with my gay friend who also just happens to be a drag queen, or go to dinner with my lesbian friend and her girlfriend.
No working on Sunday
No tattoos
No polyester or any fabric blends
No wearing gold
No eating shellfish.
I could go on but i’ll spare you the humiliation. You should go crawl back under the dark rock that you have been living under and maybe let your children decide for themselves if they want to be a close-minded person like yourself

Tessa

Posted at 5:52 PM on January 29, 2014

I don’t understand why so many people have stopped watching Disney because of this. I completely support the LGBT community and Disney. All that was aired was a girl and her two moms, which is something quite normal nowadays, and nothing bad. People are overreacting and saying that its a sin and they aren’t raising their kids that way. Disney has aired plenty of sins before (lying, cheating, etc..) and no one gave it a second look. My friend has lesbian parents, and my mom was a Christian, but she loved that family. I’m a Christian too, and I support same sex marriage 100%. I went to a Christian school for 8 years and they never taught us that being homosexual is wrong. I’m only 14, so i feel like I’m arguing with a bunch of adults but I’m only standing up for what I believe in. :)

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 6:19 PM on January 29, 2014

Tessa there is noway anyone can call themselves a Christian and in the same breath believe that homosexuality is NOT a sin………..Christians receive guidance from the Bible, the word of God which teaches us that homosexuality as well as, murder, fornication, adultery, etc., is wrong. How can we call ourselves Christians, and tell homosexuals that it’s ok to be that way? You can’t! It’s wrong! I love everyone with the love of God…….that’s why it’s a Christians duty to spread Gods word in hopes of helping them to turn to him.

Beth

Posted at 8:22 PM on January 29, 2014

The bible says wearing two different kinds of cloth at the same time is punishable by death, so is eating shell fish, and working on Sunday. Are you out there preaching about that being wrong? Or are you just picking and choosing your brand of bigotry?

Sami

Posted at 8:45 PM on January 29, 2014

While I agree it is a sin, so is lying to your children about Santa Claus and over eating, and being jealous of others, and worrying about things. Sin is inescapable. God doesn’t laugh at any sin, and the ‘big’ or ‘small’ part comes in when people decide to justify their own sin by pointing out another’s sin. I don’t see how people can call themselves Christian and in the same breath expect someone to change who they fall in love with because that specific sin will some how make it impossible for them to accept Jesus. If it truly worked that way then Jesus will have died in vain because no person can be without sin. Jesus will love and accept any who turn to him regardless of their sin. That was the purpose in his death. GRACE. It is a powerful thing.

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 9:25 PM on January 29, 2014

If I practice sin, I am not in the will of God, therefore I cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven……….I keep a repentant heart and do not intentionally commit sin of any kind because I love God and I strive everyday to stay in his will. No sin is greater than the other but just because you may point out someone ‘over-eating’, doesn’t mean your homosexuality is excused. God forgives a sincere heart of any sin but once he forgives, go and sin no more.

Sami

Posted at 8:29 PM on January 30, 2014

First of all, I am straight. Second, I did not mention over-eating to specify any sin in particular. I was making the point that there are many sins, intentional or not that are committed each day by Christians and non Christians alike. If one cannot inherit the Kingdom of God for not being in his will then none will inherit his kingdom. No one knows God’s will. The most that we can do is to accept Jesus, embrace his teachings and study his word in hopes that all of our effort will lead us along the right path to please God. Jesus has already forgiven each and every sin committed and to be committed. Yes we are to repent, but the sin has already been paid for. “Go and sin no more” is impossible. Being human brings about sin, is is inescapable. If I understand what you mean, then you are saying after one accepts Jesus if they are gay they will forgo that lifestyle?

Maybe I can make a comparison, an alcoholic is in rehab, and finds Jesus. Finishes rehab but relapses in the following weeks or months, and is pulled back into a cycle of sin. Alcoholism is a disease, once one is addicted it is an excruciating and near impossible cycle to break. Being homosexual is something that either is, or becomes (whichever you believe) a part of someone. God will not fault the alcoholic for relapsing and committing a sin that because of Adam and Eve he is destined to fall to. God will not turn from his children for a sin that is beyond their control.

Michelle

Posted at 6:28 PM on January 29, 2014

Hey Tessa,
Let me try to explain: It’s different because the sins (lies, cheating, etc…) are portrayed as wrong in the shows and the character who commits that sin almost always get called out for those acts (by being grounded, punished, talked to, etc…). Homosexuality according to God is an abomination (in Leviticus 18:22, 20:13) for it is a perversion of what He has created us for (one man and one woman for life). He created sex for a husband and wife to enjoy and anything outside of that goes against His will and His creation, therefore it is sin.
Disney is not displaying this lesbian couples relationship as a sin, they are showing it as normal and completely ok, that is why a lot of Christians are standing up against it. As a Christian (which means “Christ like”) we are to be following what our Savior says, which we find out by reading His word. Multiple times throughout the Bible we find that this is in fact sin in God’s eyes and He does not laugh at or excuse ANY sin, no matter how “big” or “small.”
This should sober people up a bit, but they have to believe in God for that to actually impact their hearts and lives at all. I see the word “judge” floating around on here from both sides and I think it’s funny how quick people are to pull that word out. Remember the whole Duck Dynasty fiasco a few weeks ago? That man just stated what he believed (that homosexuality was a sin based on his understanding of the Bible) and the homosexual community was all over him just for stating his beliefs, calling him a hater and judging him a great deal just because he spoke what he believed.
This is what I believe and if you have a different opinion then that’s fine, everyone is entitles to their own. God created each of us with a free will and the ability to choose between our way and His way. One way is wiser, though not as popular.
I hope that helped a bit.

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 6:53 PM on January 29, 2014

Thanks Michelle…………very good interpretation of the bible, very well explained.

Sean

Posted at 5:24 PM on January 29, 2014

Jesus was cool, he was the first gay role model. Why else you he sit around with 12 other guys talking about how vile, sinful, and disgusting women are. Plus the whole thing with Judas was clearly a lovers quarrel.

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 5:29 PM on January 29, 2014

Lord forgive Sean……….he clearly has no clue of the things he’s saying…….speak to his heart and mind and show him your love for him……Jesus name….Amen

Sean

Posted at 5:47 PM on January 29, 2014

I mean Hell, Jesus wanted to crucified. He was a gay bottom BDSM masochistic sex addict. The guy had 12 boyfriends, he got penetrated by more than the lance of longinus ;)

Christy

Posted at 5:02 PM on January 29, 2014

I am so sad. This has been one of our families favorite shows. We will now cancel any more recordings of Good Luck Charlie. We will not watch this episode. My children are being raised to believe that marriage is one woman and one man.

Ash

Posted at 5:37 PM on January 29, 2014

Some times a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

The above statement does not condone it, it merely states a fact, and it is a fact, whether you believe it to be moral or not.

Raise them to believe what you want but sheltering them is only hindering them.

Brooke Hankey

Posted at 4:31 PM on January 29, 2014

This is sweet <3 I think it's time things are pushed a little more of homosexuality to be accepted.
I feel that everyone disagreeing is full of bigotry and when I saw "stop ramming this agenda down our throats", don't you think you're doing the same by saying how "God thinks it's an abomination and therefore shouldn't be a good thing"? Stop ramming your religion down our throats. If you were a true religious person, you wouldn't care. Religion isn't about judging others. I believe in God, and I believe if he really thought it was an abomination, he'd stop making homosexuals. I've also seen that the only people really making a huge deal about this are older adults that aren't homosexual. I think the younger generation is more accepting and will no matter what is taught to them, why not actually show how the world is to kids who watch this show? It's not like it's any worse of what is being taught to children now-a-days. That if they don't look sexy and have the best technology, they're nothing. I've watched 12 year olds get pregnant in my hometown. I've watched people of that age act more like teenagers and become more mature than adults. I think with this younger generation, the world may change.

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 4:56 PM on January 29, 2014

That’s what’s so scary about it……..the world IS changing by turning away from God and moral living to pervertedness and evil…….God forgive the USA for turning our backs on you!! #havemercy

Marie

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 30, 2014

The world is turning away from God because of the some Christians. Think about it. Why would you want to believe in someone who supposedly hates you? God is Love. More people need to know that side of Him. When you pour out love onto someone who may not believe in Christ I guarantee they will feel His presence. I’m gay. I’m Christian. And I am happy. I am happy because I know when my time on earth is over I have a place to call home.

Hailey

Posted at 4:27 PM on January 29, 2014

Personally, I think this is wonderful. There are heterosexual couples on basically every Disney Channel show; in my eyes I don’t see why homosexual couples should be excluded. Love is love, in my eyes.

jess meno

Posted at 4:18 PM on January 29, 2014

You parents think you can hide behind the bible. This infuriates me. Don’t be soo damn ignorant. YOU don’t like same sex couples because YOU can’t stand it. I KNOW, i read the bible and i know it’s wrong. But who are you to judge? Your not the creator, so leave it up to him. Yes, i am part of the LGBT and i am bisexual. And? Do you think about how it’s like to live a lie and be scared of being yourself? Well it sucks! Be more open! Stop being do ignorant! Disney chose this because they wanted to!

Gerald Wolfe

Posted at 4:05 PM on January 29, 2014

This doesn’t fit into the type of programming Walt Disney would have envisioned for a TV Channel bearing his name. I think Walt would say we should let children be children, and let them grow up without having social and political agendas forced on them. They’ll have plenty of time, as adults, to come to grips with the good and bad sides of real life.

The Disney Channel should consider asking themselves WWWD (What Would Walt Do?)

Ash

Posted at 5:38 PM on January 29, 2014

Some times a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

Raise them to believe what you want but sheltering them is only hindering them.

gerry

Posted at 3:57 PM on January 29, 2014

I am so disappointed.
Tolerance works two ways people!! Quit ramming this agenda down our throats!!

Ash

Posted at 5:39 PM on January 29, 2014

How about ramming your hetro agenda down throats of the families with gay parents? There are A LOT of them out there.

Some times a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

Raise them to believe what you want but sheltering them is only hindering them.

Marie

Posted at 8:11 PM on January 30, 2014

These woman could potentially be sisters that are raising their niece together as one. It does not state in this preview that they are partners. There is truly no need to be in such an uproar. I think they went about this very tastefully. Now if they were making out or being sexual in the episode I would understand everyones concern.

Mrs. P

Posted at 3:46 PM on January 29, 2014

I’m sorry if me standing by my religious beliefs is “judgmental”. I was raised under a roof that followed the same laws society has up until about 2 years ago. It’s always been a “hush hush” thing. Homosexuality, though it’s been going on for centuries, has never been something that was broadcasted. Just like BDSM and other sexual fetishes, those things just were NOT publicly advertised.

However, living in this twisted and corrupt society that we do now, anything goes. Just like I would never tell my child it’s okay to be with a horse or a cow, I would never advertise the idea that they belong with the same sex. Again, I’m sorry if this comes off as “judgmental”, but it’s the way the good Lord DESIGNED things. Think about it, the parts just don’t match.

And if you just refuse to except that, then that’s your personal belief. I, however, believe that homosexuality is far too controversial of a topic to broadcast to a younger audience. Just like people don’t want their kids watching sex and violence on regular programming, I don’t want to flip on the TV to a supposedly “kid friendly” station and have my daughter be confused by something that is forbidden under our roof.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV

“The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine..”

All of this being said, we are also taught not to JUDGE people. I can still love you and treat you the same way, but I will not support your lifestyle. Everyone still deserves God’s love and homosexuality is a CHOICE and a chain that God surely can break. And if it’s something that you struggle with, the first step is knowing God can set you free from that. All it takes is you recognizing that.

God Bless.

...

Posted at 3:52 PM on January 29, 2014

OMG, why can’t people like you stop existing, then we might actually have some happiness in this world without out uptight people like you butting in!

You are just a nut case, it’s one thing that you think that and one other thing that you are religious, but please don’t mix them together, you are “ruining” someones life because of fairy tales!

Rheakesha Vaughn

Posted at 3:55 PM on January 29, 2014

Beautifully said Mrs. P………..true Christians please stand up!!

Phil

Posted at 11:26 PM on January 29, 2014

That is NOT true Christianity. True Christianity follows the path of Christ and remind others that Jesus once said “He is free of sin shall cast the first stone.” while defending a very specific woman of prostitution. And she is one that had not left his side since then.

Ash

Posted at 5:41 PM on January 29, 2014

Some times a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

Raise them to believe what you want but sheltering them is only hindering them.

amanda

Posted at 7:23 PM on January 29, 2014

When did you CHOOSE to be straight?

Marie

Posted at 8:13 PM on January 30, 2014

I wasn’t aware being homosexual was a learned trait. Please tell me more?

tammy

Posted at 3:43 PM on January 29, 2014

I think it’s terrible! Nope – we stopped watching Disney on TV way back when every show we watched the kids were all sarcastic and smart alec – ESPECIALLY TO THEIR PARENTS! THIS IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE – NO MORE DISNEY PERIOD! I’m ashamed to say my niece works at Disney!

AK

Posted at 6:44 PM on January 29, 2014

Wow, you’re ashamed that your niece has a job that puts money in her pocket and food on the table? Does she have a say so in what is put into these shows? If not, then you should be proud that she has made something out of her life.

Phil

Posted at 11:28 PM on January 29, 2014

And I bet God is frowning at your cowardice and ignorance. Because I can understand not liking shows where the kids learn how to be brats towards their parents, as they need to learn that respecting others will earn them respect in return. But this? No.

If your kids show you no respect, all I can say is that you brought it onto yourself with this behavior.

charles russell

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 29, 2014

have always been a disney fan but never again! homosexuality is an abomination before God! Shame on you and shame on America for allowing this on their televisions. I pray for our nation to repent before it is too late!

Nancy

Posted at 4:18 PM on January 29, 2014

B*tch please, who are you to shame anyone!? You are NO ONE to judge, the only people that should be casting are the ones who have NEVER sinned…ever.. so with that said, take a seat and hush.

Ash

Posted at 5:40 PM on January 29, 2014

Some times a man loves a man and a woman loves a woman.

Raise them to believe what you want but sheltering them is only hindering them. Gay families do exist.

Phil

Posted at 11:01 PM on January 29, 2014

Your claims are both ignorant, show that you never read the Bible, and immorally wrong.

The Bible cites, in terms of homosexuality, is that if sexual acts done are not intended for procreation, then those involved would be punished by death. This was because those of Judeo faith believed that they would survive if more boys were produced and procreation was handled in a modernly barbaric manner. As in sex trafficking/slavery, murder, rape, polygamy, and the right to have mistresses atop of having a harem of wives. Oh, and if you have a virgin daughter, the Bible also states that she has a trade-based value.

In terms of Sodom, as cited in the Bible, the city did not fall because of homosexuality. The end of Sodom was because God resented that people like you existed. As in the rich were allowed to be gluttons and act on homosexual acts without any punishment. Those who are poor and hungry often die from starvation, even if they were given coinage to buy a loaf of bread. Because those who sell it do not want to be seen selling to the poor. If a couple who are both poor and homosexual are demeaned by those like you, and also have to be forced into homosexual prostitution by even those who are rich and straight.

So if you want to preach evils, then you might as well note that God opposed those who acted like you. And that your acts, claims, and views violate Mark 12:31 which states that you must love your neighbors as much as you love yourself. And that means you cannot call anything a sin or abomination by saying you are neither a sinner or an abomination. Because in the end, if Abraham was to return in hopes of saving you, you can choose to either change and be saved or be doomed by God’s wrath with those who are innocent just because you refuse to do such.

marie

Posted at 3:37 PM on January 29, 2014

What about the families with mental and handicaped members such as autism dementia in grandparents down syndrome as a child or having a parent with that those are relevant issues too there are families like that to but we only see the big and loudest issues coming to the front even abc family covers many of these other issues along with homosexuality

hali

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 29, 2014

I think this was a good thing! I for one will allow my kids to watch it. It is a tv show! Its not like they were showing porn! The more you take away from your kids the more they will respond with hate. Trust me.. I am not going to judge someone because they like the same sex nor would i if they were a different color! I am proud of DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!!!

ash

Posted at 3:08 PM on January 29, 2014

Well if they are trying to be fair and teach no judgement and all of that why arent they touching on other issues such as violence at home bullying or your kid is the bully alcohol and drugs in the home gangs and gun violence where are those messages cus they are more relevant than the nieghbor being gay in todays diverse world

Wes

Posted at 3:01 PM on January 29, 2014

This move by Disney, I feel, was definitely a the right move for Disney in this progressive era. They are opening their characters up to teh realities of teh times and did so in a very tasteful way. They did not have a brief cameo to test the waters or have the whole episode focus on teh fact they were lesbians. They were treated as the two normal parents that they were and any difference from the norm was only briefly mentioned in the beginning of the episode. Although I am a Christian and follow my interpretation of the Bible that I feel makes apparent God’s desire for us to live heterosexual lifestyles, I accept this move by Disney and know we cannot hide our children from teh changing times and a simple. honest discussion with your child if any problems or questions ever arise is the correct action to take. Although I would raise my children in hopes they would abide by the schema I shall attempt to instill in them, I want them to recognize that those in the LGBT community are people just like us and deserve the same love and chance at love and it is not our place to try to control what they do or condemn them, but for them to make these decisions for themselves. Good job Disney. Way to make the first step in this bold time.

Rhoda cormier

Posted at 2:58 PM on January 29, 2014

Seriously Disney?! And I used to like you…It is sad that now you have become like the rest of TV which I’m sure the original Walt Disney would not be proud of- so sad…

Phil

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 29, 2014

Rhoda, that is like saying Walt Disney sided with the Nazi Party after Adolf Hitler took control. Not the fact that he had a strict, progressive view by hiring those who were of Jewish heritage much like the Jewish communities remember him doing.

So why don’t you go experience an era where you were not allowed to have any rights, as that was America used to believe on grounds of narrow minded beliefs. And then come back and see how you like being discriminated by those who have nothing better to do than be narrow-minded.