Cory Monteith’s Name Misspelled In Grammys ‘In Memoriam’ Segment

Mon, January 27, 2014 7:34am EDT by 14 Comments
Cory Monteith Name Misspelled
Courtesy of CBS

K

Posted at 8:43 AM on January 28, 2014

As Cory´s fan I think that the fact that he was honored means so much more than the fact that they misspelled his name. Dont know why some of you think that he didnt deserve that.. He never recorded a solo album but he was a drummer, he was a musician, he played drums with a band (for the indie rock band Bonnie Dune ) and specially he recorded so many covers and original songs for Glee (Ask to a Glee fan about all the albums they have.. one álbum each season)… so he was part of the music industry.. Thanks to Glee and Cory my generation knows about good music. They make covers of actual songs but specially old songs and broadway song that this generation can appreciate. I never heard about Barbra S. before Glee… Im really young for that and thanks Glee for making me appreciate her.

Dont understand why people spread hate if they dont know anything about him.

I never heard about him before but he didnt deserve it… seriously? are you kidding? Why you are judging something that you dont know?? Shame on all of you.

He was honored and some of you will be always a coward behind a computer with a miserable life enough to judge people they dont know. Deal with that!

Haters are confused fans…

PS

Posted at 1:50 PM on January 27, 2014

Geez! People complain because a name of a f-ing actor, who sings a little on a crappy TV show, gets misspelled, while an actual Grammy winner, real musician and member of one of the most influential Trash metal bands, Slayer’s Jeff Hanneman gets no mention at all?? F… you!

PS

Posted at 1:55 PM on January 27, 2014

Oops… “trash” should have meant “thrash”. See, misspelling. Not sad.

Claire Nedzela

Posted at 11:07 AM on January 27, 2014

My advice is Give it to his grilfriend lea michele I am really sad now

Neyi Cuevas

Posted at 11:01 AM on January 27, 2014

I don’t know why they’re making such a big deal out of it. I understand that it’s disrespectful to spell someone’s name wrong, especially when they’re honoring him, but hey, what happened.. happened. It was a mistake!! Even though Cory was involved in music (Glee), I felt like they should have honored Paul Walker as well.. At least Cory’s fans had the privilege to see him one last time on the screen.

PS

Posted at 1:51 PM on January 27, 2014

Paul Walker?? Are you f-ing kidding me?? It was a music awards show.

Roxie

Posted at 9:29 AM on January 27, 2014

I had to make an account because of this…but I’m sorry…..”never heard of him” . why is he being honored, what about all the real movie actors that died? last year they deserve recognition the most! Calm down over the misspelled words! There has been many dedications towards him like okay we get move on to someone real.! Yes, I am a human being and I know he died, and I have a heart and boohoo he dies of an overdose, it past. Honor some one legit!! Ididn’t even know who this side was until he “died”

Roxie

Posted at 9:30 AM on January 27, 2014

To many miss-spelled words but you should know what Im trying to imply.

Tee

Posted at 10:11 AM on January 27, 2014

Oh you must be old or idiotic or a non tv owner to never have heard of him. Your comment is so invalid. Go away!

Roxie

Posted at 9:57 AM on January 28, 2014

Actually, it is valid. Your comment must be invalid, because Im pretty sure not everybody watches “glee” sorry for turning your world upside down with the truth, Im 19 just to pu out your comment of being “old” FYI I own a tv so you must be the idiotic one, GO AWAY, if you can’t handle the truth Kid

Chris

Posted at 8:34 AM on January 27, 2014

Dudes calm down. They are humans! Humans makes mistakes!! Gosh, get over it!

Emma

Posted at 8:24 AM on January 27, 2014

OMG, get over yourselves. I loved Cory, and the fact that he was honored means so much more than the fact that they misspelled his name. I agree with “alicja”!!

PS

Posted at 8:24 AM on January 27, 2014

Oh well.. he shouldn’t even have been considered at the Grammy’s in the first place. He was a TV actor, who sang on a TV show. Not a musician. The people upset should be glad he even got considered. Had they written one of the muscian’s names wrong, then yes, that would have been a big mistake. But sad?? Geez… misspelling one’s name isn’t sad.

alicja

Posted at 7:53 AM on January 27, 2014

How about looking at the fact that he was honored amongst some of the greatest talents in the world. He died of a drug overdose. He had opportunities that millions would kill to have. While they struggle, he abused his body and mind with poison. I can appreciate talent and I can feel sorrow for loss. Failing to appreciate the advantages you’re blessed with in life, forfeits my empathy for a misspelled name in a situation like this. Too many bleeding hearts for too many wrong reasons. Reality check.