‘The Following’ Twist Was A Perfect Way To Kick Off Season 2

Mon, January 20, 2014 1:43pm EST by 13 Comments
The Following Season 2
Courtesy of Fox

On Jan. 19, the season premiere of ‘The Following’ definitely brought some twists — two huge ones, to be exact. Both of them made me realize why this show is one of the scariest on TV . . . and that season two will be even more disturbing as season one.

Spoiler alert — if you haven’t yet watched the season two premiere of The Following (shame on you), you may not want to continue reading. Or, if you like spoilers, click on in!

‘The Following’ Season 2 Twists — Shocking & Terrifying

It’s not a surprise that I’m still losing sleep over the season two premiere of The Following — it began with the death of Claire (Natalie Zea) and once again a heartbroken Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon). After getting over that initial pissed-off-shock feeling, I then moved on to being terrified.

Kevin Bacon Talks Season 2

We were introduced to a new villain this season since Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) appeared to die on the season one finale. Luke (Sam Underwood) took over the role of remaking Edgar Allen Poe‘s style — killing an innocent girl, dressing her body up, dancing with her, and even raiding her fridge (which as any girl knows, is the most annoying part of it all). He then dressed her corpse in the white dress — a perfect Poe reference.

Oh, did I mention that Luke has a super-sexy twin? Yes, he’s terrifying and we I was totally shocked when Luke is talking to someone in the shower and they cut out to his twin. One is more evil than the other — but the more innocent one is still part of Carroll’s extremely terrifying clan and has this really creepy, quite grin.

Joe Carroll Or Daryl?

While Ryan Hardy has enlisted his niece Max Hardy (Jessica Stroup) to help him find out what’s going on with Joe, we got to see it loud and clear. Joe’s legacy is living through two separate followings — the one that Luke formed and the one that Emma (Valorie Curry) is leading. Oh yeah, Emma is still there but is now rocking a pink mohawk and a nose ring.

However, the most shocking part of the episode is that at the very end we are re-introduced to Joe Carroll (yes, he survived that fire). Now he is going under the name of Daryl, and is hiding his stunning scary face with a huge beard.

He’s living out in the middle of nowhere, but Ryan Hardy isn’t far behind — he’s already got some of his cult to admit that Joe’s alive, and that he had a trap door in the lighthouse all along, and had someone waiting to pick him up.

Honestly, I knew he would live — the show is about him. I was hesitant that I would be annoyed when I heard that he had survived though, since in the final scenes of season one it was so definite. But the way they revealed that he had lived and had a plan the whole time was very Joe Carroll like and proved once again that Kevin Williamson is a completely genius.

Overall, the premiere was suspenseful, witty, and of course terrifying. While I may be a little more cautious on the subway now, over all I can’t wait for this season — with Luke and his twin taking on Ryan, a pissed off Emma, who by the way still thinks Joe is dead, and Joe being alive and well in the woods, this season is bound to be even better than the first.

What did you think of the season two premiere, HollywoodLifers? Let me know!

— Emily Longeretta

More ‘Following’ News:

1. ‘The Following’ Season 2: Why The Second Year Is A Huge Improvement
  2. ‘The Following’: How Agent Parker Might Appear In Season 2
  3. ‘The Following’: Why Season 2 Will Be Just As Compelling As The First

I’m not sure why but this weblog is loading extremely slow for
me. Is anyone else having this problem or
is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

digi-mori.com

Posted at 6:40 PM on September 9, 2014

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring
on other sites? I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your
work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

cheap Fifa 15 Xbox 360

Posted at 4:43 AM on August 10, 2014

I’d like to find out more? I’d care to find out more details.

lose weight fast

Posted at 1:06 AM on August 5, 2014

I visited many websites but the aujdio feature for
audio sonvs present at this web page iss genuinely fabulous.

Hope

Posted at 6:55 AM on August 4, 2014

Hi there! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I had too ask.
Does managing a well-established blog like yours require a lot of work?
I am brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary
daily. I’d liike to stwrt a blog so I can share my
own experience and feelings online. Please lett me know if you have any ideas or tipss for brand neew aspring bloggers.
Thankyou!

tiny.cc

Posted at 12:18 PM on August 2, 2014

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really
nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road.
All the best

natural weight loss pills

Posted at 8:08 AM on July 27, 2014

Bexause the admin of this website iss working, nno hesitation very rapidly it ill be
famous, due to its featurre contents.

SW Florida Web Design

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 23, 2014

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the
book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this
is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

Austin Johnson

Posted at 9:09 PM on January 20, 2014

The ending of the first season was predictable, I knew as soon as Ryan brought clare home to pork her, she was going to get killed by the neighbor. At first the show was interesting with the “anyone could be a killer” premise, then it just became drawn out, boring and obvious.

mike

Posted at 7:17 PM on January 20, 2014

this was listed on my fios schedule as being 1 1/2 hours. but wasn’t that long? and there was an ad for a premier episode next week?

aboutnici

Posted at 6:07 PM on January 20, 2014

Reblogged this on aboutnici.

Aletta james

Posted at 2:57 PM on January 20, 2014

I’ve got my FIRST check total of $2175 for one week, pretty cool. working from home saves income in several ways.I love that. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home. here is i started>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

victoriamagnew

Posted at 2:40 PM on January 20, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister makes $86/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her check was $15202 just working on the computer for a few hours.

view it now…….. jobs25.ℭOM